Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

obi_ant posted:

Any suggestions for an app that can keep track of feedings and poops? Stuff like left boob vs right, duration that kinda thing?

I tried Baby Tracker, and it was good, but for a variety of reasons, found myself never using anything electronic, especially at night. Instead, I just tracked diapers/ feeding duration in a notebook, and used a hair tie on my wrist to track what side to start feeding on next.

Honestly, I gave up all tracking except which side to nurse from after the LCs we're content with everything (maybe a week or two). I found it a hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Fed is best! Don't feel bad about formula.

If you do want to pursue breastfeeding, think about making an appointment specifically with an LC. At the hospital, everything can be rushed. It's different when you have separate appointments. They can really check latch, technique, etc and talk about your concerns. I think I had 3 or 4, plus a drop in because my guy was tongue and lip tied, so breastfeeding was hard until we got those fixed. It helped us a lot to meet with them frequently.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
It runs my mind that I had bright red bleeding for about a week after; and I was in a similar position to you (baby died several weeks prior to the miscarriage).

If you are worried, call your doctor though! I had a follow up like 5 or 7 days after I first went to the ER that helped to dial in on what was normal or not.

Sorry for your loss, Nessa. It sucks.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

boquiabierta posted:

Trying to figure out if my weird vagina smell is normal lochia odor or BV. It doesn't smell terrible, exactly, but it's definitely different from how I used to smell. I'm almost four weeks postpartum and not sure if I'm still passing lochia alba or if it's back to normal discharge? Ugh, I don't have any itching or pain and really don't want to go get checked out because everything here is so hard to navigate. What did your vag smell like a few weeks after delivery?

I felt the smell was weird the whole time I bled postpartum. Stale, maybe? Not quite like I had an infection, but definitely strong. I think some of it may have been having to use pads and them also trapping sweat when for periods I've always used tampons :shrug:. Maybe sweatier further postpartum, just because I could go longer between changing pads.

I don't miss that part of having my kid.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

External Organs posted:

Hello Pregoons!

My wife is 33 weeks with our first kid, a girl. All is going well so far, thankfully. My wife is worried about possible post partum issues, in terms of mental and physical side effects. I’d like to be as prepared as I can. I’m going to take a month off to be with her and the baby, and I’d love to have various products / information on hand that might be helpful.

What helped you during postpartum?

Honestly, just lots of help around the house. My husband did all the laundry, cleaning and cooking ( we made a bunch of freezer meals to keep it easy), bought little treats like good chocolate, etc. Be prepared to fetch lots of water and snacks if she breastfeeds.

For the first like 4 days, I was totally wiped. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't want to get dressed, I didn't want to make decisions, nothing. Then, all I wanted was a shower. Just be helpful and understanding to those weird whims and do what you can to facilitate them. Each person/pregnancy/birth is so different that we really can't say what will work for her, so you will have to roll with it, but be prepared for her potentially not feeling up to doing anything other than baby stuff.

I do second the book light though; I read a lot in the middle of the night, and didn't want to use electronics due to blue light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Massage it in a hot shower, maybe even hand express at the same time, just enough to get rid of the hardness.

I had a couple times that it got bad like that, normally right after a growth spurt. He'd eat more without me really realizing it (he'd just extend nursing sessions), then drop back off and my supply would be too much for a couple days.