Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Now there's something you don't see every day!

Chicken McNobody posted:

(it is apparently really hard to find I-cup maternity bras, god drat my huge knockers to hell).

Please post if you find any that you really like (or absolutely loathe!). I'm normally a 30H and am only 11 weeks pregnant but am already really worried about bras! I'm hoping I can keep wearing my pre-pregnancy bras for as long as possible with some hook extenders. Bra shopping - ugh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

I just wish I would get some sort of bump and actually look pregnant! I'm 21 weeks along and have gained about 8 lbs (which I swear mostly went to my boobs and butt!), but my stomach still looks about the same as it did when I was like 8 weeks pregnant. I just look a bit bloated. I started off relatively thin, and everything I've read said that I should probably begin to show somewhat early. But no. It's so frustrating when even my friends who know that I'm pregnant say that I don't look pregnant! I just want to have a nosy stranger ask me when I'm due. :(

Anyway, my husband and I are planning on cloth diapering and I just got my first order of diapers delivered. These things are so cute! Buying these could turn into some sort of horribly expensive addiction! I'm just trying to remember that we're cloth diapering to save money, not so I can cover my little girl's butt in pretty patterned cotton.

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Those of you who have used the Bradley Method for childbirth:

Are the classes really necessary, or will I be okay if I get the book(s) and read really carefully? None of the Bradley classes offered in my area fit in with my schedule.

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

I'm sure this is a practice-by-practice thing, but my midwife said that if I was ever worried in those early days (before giganto-baby started punching me in the ribs and bladder), to just call in and come by the office and they would do a quick heartbeat check for me, gratis. So you might want to check and see if your OB offers something similar before you spend money on something that you might only use a few times (and which might not work for you at all).

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Mangue posted:

Speaking of positioning issues, I'm 32 weeks and found out yesterday my baby is hanging out transverse. I'm freaking out.

My baby was transverse until about 33 weeks. I was told it was pretty normal and not to really stress until 36 weeks or so, and even then, just to try the spinning babies techniques and maybe some accupuncture. In fact, my little girl sometimes still turned to transverse before flipping back to head down up until last week (I'm 35 weeks). But drat, those transverse babies start to really cause some pain - here's hoping yours flips for you soon just so you can breathe again!

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Fire In The Disco posted:

That's crazy, Eleanor is our top choice for a girl too,

I had my little girl 4 weeks ago and her name is Eleanor. It's such a pretty name; ya'll have good taste. But let's hope it doesn't suddenly take off in popularity! :)

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Awesome Kristin posted:

That's the round ligament pain that I've read a lot about. The feelings I'm describing are more like sore muscle. You know when you work out or lift weights your muscles are tender afterward and it may be difficult to use them for a day or so? That's what my abdomen feels like when I'm going from laying down to sitting up, and from sitting to standing.

I called the nurse hotline and they didn't have any advice for me so I guess I'm going to try and schedule an earlier appointment with my OB or figure out how to contact her over the phone.

I had the same pain early in pregnancy. I mainly noticed it when getting out of bed and getting out of the car. Like you said, it felt like I had spent the day before doing crunches and was suffering the consequences. I think it went away after a couple of weeks, and definitely before the start of the second trimester. I never ended up asking my midwife about it, so I can't help you identify the cause, but I always just chalked it up to growing pains.

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

Everyone told me that I would appreciate having a bunch of receiving blankets, but they're all still folded up in the closet with the exception of one Aden & Anais blanket that we use for tummy time or occasional drool mopping-up when a burp cloth isn't handy (another thing which I have too many of - my little girl just isn't a big spitter-upper). Ellie is 4 months old, and I'm guessing that if I haven't used these blankets by now that I probably never will. I guess I'm just strange.

I totally agree with the person who suggested the Halo Sleep Sacks with the swaddle option. Holy crap. So much better than having to swaddle the baby in a blanket every night, and WAY more convenient for middle of the night diaper changes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incongruous
Feb 11, 2003

bamzilla posted:

Are you sure he's not tongue tied?

This. My little girl had a tongue tie that 2 doctors and 3 lactation consultants missed. From what I understand, they're only trained to look for the most obvious of tongue ties and often miss more subtle ones. Anyway, my daughter had very similar feeding habits: nursing almost constantly, nursing for really long sessions, falling asleep on the breast, needing more food after bfing. I also had some nipple pain and was growing to dread every nursing session.

Have you tried doing a pre-feed/post-feed weigh to see how much milk he's getting? I was surprised that my daughter was only getting about 1.5 ounces after nursing on both sides for about 30 minutes a piece because of the tongue tie.

Have your ped check him out, but if you don't get an answer don't be afraid to ask someone else. If you happen to be in the Seattle area, I can recommend a few good doctors who specialize in breastfeeding medicine who might be able to help.