Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

AlistairCookie posted:

The "rule" that my pediatrician goes by is approximately 2.5 oz (75ml) per pound of body weight per day (24 hr). If he's more or less meeting this, and is happy and gaining weight all right, then don't sweat it much. Liam will be three months on the 4th (where does the time go?!) and he eats ~120-150ml at a time out of a bottle, and will nurse/bottle feed ~6 times during the day and one big sleepy nurse over night. (Around 3 am he wakes up and we lay together for 60-90 minutes dozing and him nursing--he probably ends up eating a ton then.)

That would be 900mL for Grayson - if he was eating the entire 140mL at each feeding (which some days he does) he would be hitting 840mL total daily, yesterday I would say he only had 620ml as it was a particularly bad day... I guess we are fairly close, I just know he's been this way for 3 weeks or so now and am wondering when he will start eating more if it's such a hassle to get him past 100ml right now.

I'm probably being a bit anal-retentive here...

MarshallX fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Here's a fun story, Grayson finally starting eating his entire 120ml bottle so we decided to up him to 150ml. This was literally the worst idea we have ever had, four days of utter hell because I assume he was eating more than what he wanted and wasn't hungry again for 4 hours (we try to feed him at 3).

What fixed it? We reduced the amount to 140ml and it's like a completely different baby. Feedings are pleasant again.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004

Fire In The Disco posted:

We have used a Cloud B Sleep Sheep since birth and love it! It has 4 sounds (we use the rain one the most) and shuts off after 45 minutes.

Holy crap! Grayson still uses his too! He is a fan of the Whales :)

Also..holy crap he is 3 months old today...I guess I'm out of here?

Day 1:

Day 90:

He's still in the 99.5% for height (has been since day 1) so I'm thinking he's going to be tall. He's already wearing 6 month old clothes :(

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
oh, this is pregnancy, not parenting.

damnit.