Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey. So my wife's breasts were really sore, she'd gasp in pain if I brushed against them... anyway, she did some internet research on potential causes, bought a 2-pack of pregnancy tests, and apparently we're having a child now. I'm happy and all, we were planning on starting to try soon, but y'know after we'd taken care of some things. Like getting a larger place, and more employment for me (I rent out apartments, and it pays the childless bills, but its not gonna cut it with another mouth to feed) and other stuff that'd make me less likely to freak out. She was on the pill, so this is unplanned, but we're definitely going through with this. She's a little older than I am, and I'm no spring chicken myself, so she may not have too many more childbearing years ahead of her, and she's always wanted two children, so we'd had to get to the first anyway. But it's too early in the pregnancy to go telling family and friends, in case something goes wrong,so we've just kinda had the news to ourselves today, but I don't have too many goon friends in RL, and I haven't talked to anyone other than my wife about this and though I'm feeling positive, I'm also FREAKING OUT. So yeah, I just thought I'd post, so I can communicate with someone and see if it makes me feel any better. 2013 is gonna be a very interesting year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
There were pee-sticks and then a doctor's test, yet things didn't quite seem real, but today I accompanied my wife to get her vaginal ultrasound. I cried. Little dude or dudette in there being all twitchy and awesome. 9 1/2 weeks in apparently. I'm scared, but stoked, and I think everything's gonna be alright. Wow.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Moxie was born yesterday after an emergency c-section, my wife was running a fever, and the baby was distressed. They both ended up fine, and we have a beautiful perfect baby girl, clocking in at 10 lbs 11 oz, 22 3/4" long. She seems to like me, she's pretty fussy around everyone else, but when daddy holds her she quiets right down. Even when she was flipping out right after she was born, as soon as they handed her to me the first time, she went quiet... it's strange to me, but I really like it.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
My poor wife is having trouble breastfeeding, and seems to be suffering from post-partum depression. I'm just absolutely smitten by our daughter and full of smiles when she's around, but my wife just seems to be down and inadequate. I feel helpless to do anything for her, and I've got to go back to work tomorrow while she's still stuck in the hospital. Still if all goes well, they should get discharged at 6:30pm tomorrow, and we can go home and get out of that stupid overheated mother/child unit, and into something somewhat comfortable. Hopefully that'll cheer up the wife, and we can get more bonding in without the nurses' constant meddling.