Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pjhalifax
May 29, 2004

love boat captain

BonoMan posted:

My wife is gonna be 9 months pregnant in July. In Mississippi. :(
South Carolina here. My partner is due in mid-August so our timing could have been a little better. :) We're reasonably close to the beach so I guess we'll be bobbing around in the water for most of July.

Some random questions about childbirth classes: how much do they normally cost, and have you found them to be worth it? It's $75/couple for the all day basic "this is how things go" class at our local hospital and that seemed steep to me. I also feel like there's so much accessible information these days that we might be okay without the class. Maybe I'm just cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pjhalifax
May 29, 2004

love boat captain

potatocubed posted:

On a different subject, can anyone recommend a good pregnancy book for a first-time couple? I've read that 'What to expect when you're expecting' focuses a bit too much on things that can go wrong, which wouldn't be much good for either of us, but I don't know any others.

I like Emily Oster's "Expecting Better." Kind of a different approach than some of the other books...worked well with What to Expect and the Mayo book, in my experience.