Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

So you're not that special. Welcome to the human race!
I'm a lurker in this thread, so I hope it's not inappropriate for me to ask this. (I am 10w pregnant, which is why I'm reading!). I've been wondering how chrysoula is doing. She hasn't posted since February and I was following her story. Just feeling concerned about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

I'm one of the lucky ones that had no problems in any of my trimesters so far (the three w/ my first kid and almost done with the 1st for #2). I don't get morning sickness, just a bit of nausea if I don't eat, and some tiredness, which goes away by about week 10. I worked up until the end last time, but now I run my own business so it's not going to be an issue. Hopefully I'll have an easy birth again. Last time I was pretty much back to normal after 3-4 days.

I'm not into showers. I bought everything I needed for the first kid after her 20w ultrasound checked out as healthy. I don't need much for this one -- some newborn sized sleep sacks, cloth diapers, some gender neutral outfits, and some gender-specific clothes once we find out the sex (not finding out beforehand). I can't think of anything else to get.

Since I work from home, I don't have big daycare needs but I do send my daughter to a neighbor's house who runs a licensed home daycare, for 2-3 hours each morning. Some of what I do cannot be done when she's around. In the fall, she will go to preschool instead and when #2 is 3-4 months old I'll probably take that baby to her if she has open spots.

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

I didn't like the belly band I had. Not sure if it was the wrong fit, but it constantly rolled down and was generally useless.

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

Alterian: with my last pregnancy, I switched to a non-underwire bra and it really helped a lot.