Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma

yawnie posted:

We had some issues with breastfeeding starting out and he lost a bit of weight which freaked me out, but we eventually got the hang of it and now I'm just waiting for my nipples to heal so that initial latch isn't so painful. This may be crossing over into TMI territory, but whatever (excellent stalking material for my SASS santa!) - For those of you who had to have stitches, how long before you noticed things going back to normal in the vag region? My swelling has gone down almost completely, but I still experience a lot of irritation from the stitches. I'm wondering if that's fairly normal at this point or if maybe I should call my doc - I've never had stitches anywhere before, so I'm kind of clueless how long it takes for something like that to heal.

I know it's probably been mentioned a thousand times, but definitely get in touch with your delivery center's lactation consultant, or any lactation consultant. My wife had extremely painful breastfeeding sessions and it was entirely due to her positioning. Our LC was a miracle worker. Even though our son was getting plenty of nutrition, it was unpleasant to feed him, and without the LC we probably wouldn't have stuck with breastfeeding. She actually said that breastfeeding those first few weeks was MORE painful than childbirth. Yeesh. She had an easy delivery but still.

He's almost 7 months old now and he's still in the 99 percentile for weight, so it worked out...

As for the stitches, I know my wife was uncomfortable for at least a month, and not entirely back to normal for a little over 2 months. Just give it time. She went through quite a few cans of the dermoplast spray. I think irritation is normal, but as long as you're not getting any crazy discharge or foul odor, you should be okay.

You're through the looking glass of TMI after childbirth as I'm sure you know. You can't go back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU