Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Those who ride against us will be murdered where they stand
Got our first positive test a week ago, so I'm right around 5 weeks. So far the only symptoms I've got is very mild nausea and a super human sense of smell. Hopefully, that's as bad as it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

BonoMan posted:

My wife is gonna be 9 months pregnant in July. In Mississippi. :(

This is when I'm thankful that I'll only be 3-4 months pregnant this summer. In Minnesota.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Just heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday morning. I am just a little over 9 weeks, and that was the coolest thing I've ever heard in my life. We are telling my parents on Monday, and were supposed to tell his parents tonight, but they cancelled on us. Maybe next time, I guess!

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Funhilde posted:

Any food stuffs you really loved eating in your first trimester?

I'm around 12 weeks and all I've craved so far is fruit. My husband and I eat about 3 pineapples a week at this point, and I eat berries like they are never going to grow again.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Funhilde posted:

My sense of smell right now can go to hell. Everything is just waiting around the corner to set off my gagging. The human body is a strange thing.

I had this same problem. If its any consolation, this side effect faded for me around week 14. However, I still can't feed my cats without wanting to throw up. There is just something about cat food smell that makes me feel icky.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

God help me. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and spent all day yesterday with a delight of a stomach bug. Of course, baby girl was moving around in there the whole day yesterday and has been really quiet today.

Thankfully it was just a 24 hour thing, here's to hoping none of you guys need to deal with a stomach bug during your pregnancies! No fun at all.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Birthing classes: My husband and I went to the birthing class offered by our OB's office, and I thought it was pretty well worth it.

It was nice to get to meet the dozen or so other moms and partners in the area, there was a good sense of camaraderie among the group. They went over a lot of relaxation techniques, and positions that could make early labor more comfortable. I went into it thinking I would like drugs as soon as possible and to not feel a thing, but now I would like to do as much unmedicated as possible. It also inspired me to get a yoga ball, which has been AMAZING for my lower back pain.

I've read a ton of the books too, but the childbirth class was nice. If nothing else, it was a good opportunity to ask questions and share your ideas and fears with other people in the same situation.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

After a very uneventful first and second trimester, my third trimester is kicking my rear end. I had a stomach bug right after Thanksgiving, and now I have the cold from hell. Some jerk at work came in super sick and now I've got it.

Being sick like this during pregnancy is the worst. At least if I wasn't pregnant, I could load up on Nyquil and sleep it off. I'm due in 2 weeks, so at this point I'm just hoping it clears up before this baby decides to make her big debut.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

eselbaum posted:

Anyway, hope you feel better soon! I did get sick right after finding out I was pregnant about 4 months ago, and chamomile tea with citrus rinds and honey helped me feel a little better. That, and lots of rest!

Oh my goodness that sounds amazing! Thanks for the suggestion!

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

Today is due date, not too much longer now. I guess I'll be able to stop reading this thread and switch to the kid thread soon, hah. At least I'm not the one who has to go through the eventual labour and delivery pains personally, I will only experience them second hand, but it actually feels like it's really real now, which is something we've had some trouble with.

Wish me luck. Just hoping it doesn't take another week and a half, which means we'll probably try to induce.

Tomorrow is my due date, and I'm in the same boat as you it sounds like. I have an appointment on Thursday to find out if/when I'll need to be induced. I am just hoping this baby gets here before then.

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Forgot to post pictures of ours when she was born and now I figure I'll jump on the bandwagon. This is Elise Jeanette, born January 24th (4 days late) via emergency c-section. 6 pounds 13 ounces, 19.5 inches long. The absolute best thing I've ever created!

Congrats to all with new babies!

Here's the day after she was born:

close up recently:

Dressed in her little snowsuit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambellina
Dec 6, 2005

Congrats! I went to Manhattan for a week when I was 18ish weeks pregnant and had a decent time, I just had to schedule for naps in the afternoon so I wasn't exhausted.

I was lucky in that I didn't have any morning sickness at all in my first trimester, so in retrospect, I would have been fine to travel in the first trimester. Every pregnancy is different! You might be able to enjoy both trips and not have any issues.