Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo
I am talking to a mod right now about getting you probated/banned/gassed
Just to let everyone know - based on suggestions from the FB and IRC groups I've started a separate thread in E/N:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3391030

I don't know - maybe it won't amount to anything, but I figured it was worth a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo

Phooney posted:

Question for Aagar! As a man who no doubt has much experience in getting feces off scrotums... what advice can you give? It was a long ordeal for me, and I think must have been pretty distressing for him.

Question for anybody: He has long razor sharp fingernails already, and I worry about the lifespan of his face and eyes in that environment. Should one invest in some baby fingernail clippers, or is it best to just cover his hands in mittens until a certain age?

Congrats Phooney!

Yeah, what Panne said. You only have to deal with that merconium-type poop for a few days, and then it will get softer (and more yellow-orange, I think). I also had the advantage of nurses around in the first two weeks to help out - as you can imagine they were all wiping experts.

It also gets pretty routine after 20 or so. ;) And just as a heads up you might want to drape a baby wash-cloth over his front - I don't know if it's the fresh air but that's when the boys like to pee all over me/themselves.

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo

Miss Shell posted:

Oh hello, NZ buddy! We've mainly switched to cloth, but we still use disposables at night. When she was in disposables full time, I much preferred Treasures over Huggies, if we're looking at the higher end of the price range. For some reason, we ALWAYS got leaks with Huggies (but then I know people who swear by them). I did not like BabyLove in the newborn size - she leaked every time she was in them. Which ones are you using now?

That's funny - we had a lot of trouble with Huggies as well (and they were the ones we pinched from the hospital on the way out). For a while we had Aidan in Huggies (we had so many) and Liam in Pampers because Liam leaked every single time. Two weeks ago, going to size 2, they both leaked in the Huggies, so now they both have Pampers. Hopefully when they get a bit bigger the Huggies will fit (because we have two diaper cakes and a box of size-2 Huggies).

So yeah, like Miss Shell said just experiment - you'll find one pretty quick that will work. And then it will stop working, and the experiment begins again. ;)

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo

SAKU loving KOIVU posted:

Question for Ontario/Canada folks:

I was told yesterday (by my mom lol) that I'm not to smoke any dope after the baby is born until the 'community nurse' pops by for a surprise check to make sure everything is cool and we aren't awful parents. Is this true, i.e. do they really just come by unannounced and check you out?

Mississauga goon:

After the hospital (Credit Valley) birth we just got a call from the public nurse in the area asking if we were alright and if they should send someone to check up on us. We declined.

I asked my wife and neither of us can remember anyone telling us that someone would come to the house unannounced.

Aagar
Mar 30, 2006

E/N Gestapo

peanut posted:

I know some people (especially in North America) are furious about privacy, but turning down the home visit around here (Japan) would seem suspicious.

Not to grossly generalize Canadians, but we're a pretty unassuming bunch who don't like to put people out if we don't have to. We commonly use "sorry" as a replacement for "hello." So on the day the nurse called everything was fine and we were just like, "don't bother, everything's under control." If she'd waited a day to call we would have probably begged her to come over (at the time we were on a solid good day/bad day rotation).

In retrospect we should have probably accepted - couldn't have hurt.