Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Whelp, here I am. I already let the facebook group know but I was waiting until after I talked to my brother to post here. He's a goon, too. Had a positive test as of Monday, and a bunch of other positive ones since, because I couldn't stop myself. I'll be getting the "official" blood test this coming Monday and my doc already gave me a referral for an OB at the nearby hospital. This all puts me at week four, I guess, and it's too early for most symptoms but I am thirsty all the time, and bloated. So drat bloated. I can also never decide what to eat because nothing sounds very good. And my sweet tooth is gone :smith: everything is TOO sweet now. Also my boobs feel weird.

My mom knew we were trying, so I let her know that we finally are, after trying for a year. So then my husband told his mom, and now his aunt and grandfather know. Uhg. I hope they keep it under wraps for now, but his aunt is pretty talkative. Kind of annoyed about that, but I guess we had to be ready for people to know if we were going to let our parents know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I had my first ultrasound today, but we're a bit earlier than we thought, so they're having me come back next week for another. Also I get to take progesterone tablets. Great. Such a sexy thing to do right before bed. The nurse actually said "so you're going to take one every night before bed and you have to shove it up your vagina... as far as you can... right up in there" :gonk:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with a nasty head cold while in the first trimester? I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday anyway, so I'll ask then, but short of throttling my husband for giving this to me, is there any natural relief you can think of?

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Thanks for the suggestions! We were using a vicks vaporizer but it was too much humidity in the room and... it started raining in the bedroom. Gross.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
We went in for another ultrasound today since the last one was a little early, but this time there wasn't a heartbeat. The size hadn't changed at all since the last appointment, so they think the heart stopped soon after that. That's almost a week and a half, so since I haven't even spotted a tiny bit yet, I'm going in tomorrow for a d&c. I keep trying to remind myself and Ryan that it's completely normal for this to happen, but we already had so many hopes. At least I know I can get pregnant. Hopefully it wont take so long next time.
They also mentioned I'm RH negative, so I have to take some pills after the procedure so I don't develop antibodies or something. Should Ryan (the husband) get tested, too? Not sure how that works.

VV Thanks for the info. I think he does have a positive blood type.

Abbeh fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 8, 2013

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)

DwemerCog posted:

I think I would not want to give offense by doing so, even if it is strictly legal, because I don't want to cause a scene. Unless my baby was hungry on an airline flight or something. Usually it'd be simpler to just go to the next restaurant or something.

My husband was recently on a flight (California to New England) where the woman next to him changed a diaper on the seat. And he was stuck in the window seat. She had a second young kid with her, so he assumed she didn't want to leave that one to go change the other one, but it's still pretty nasty :gonk: but I don't think anyone would have batted an eye if she was breastfeeding instead.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Maybe letting him get up to go spend some time in the bathroom himself while she changed the baby, but I'm guessing he didn't realize what was happening until too late, or he couldn't bring himself to ask. It just doesn't seem very fair to him, since I hear the diaper was pretty nasty (and the older one needed a change, too, but didn't get one because he kept saying he was fine). Breastfeeding is fine wherever, but biohazards are another story.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Just an example of US healthcare, but when my husband added me to his plan it was 6 months before they'd cover anything maternity related. She really can't count on having any coverage while pregnant, and I don't know if she realizes how expensive that'll be. Is there any way you can convince her to stay in Canada until the kiddo is born? If she thinks the cost of living is higher there, just wait until you have to pay everything out of pocket. Hell, we have a $2000 deductible even with good insurance, so we have to pay all that before the insurance starts paying for poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

(Thank you, Das Boo!)
I have a super creepy book from the 50's where they tell you when the doctor will be putting you to sleep, and how happy you will be when you wake up and have a baby... I don't recommend that book.