Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The only historical fiction I've read (loosely using that term here) was Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke. Oh and those awful novels about the English navyman riding a dragon. But I absolutely loved Clarke's novel, to the point where I've read it several times now and it influenced me to buy and deeply regret the aforementioned dragon books. Would anyone who has read her novel recommend this series? It got me interested in fiction from the Napoleonic period, which seems so interesting and is not really taught, at least in American schools. The most I read about Napoleon was that he sold us the Louisiana Purchase really cheap, and was a pretty cool dude, but his representation to the British of the time seems to paint him as the Devil. Anyway, let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU