Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«163 »
Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Btw, Spotify's new concert feature that shows you a list of upcoming shows based on your album library is amazingly convenient.

Thank you for indirectly letting me know that Grendel's coming to town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Two all-concrete blocks, fortress-like, bricks, steel, stone, glass on an exposed foundation.

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah! Before I noticed that feature, finding out about upcoming shows was a chore.

Hedenius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh8todZyBw

I really, really like Sky Collapse from Kirlian Camera's new album. With Eskil Simonsson from Covenant too.
Those are some good sequences.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

way to be spotify

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."

Fallen Rib

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Btw, Spotify's new concert feature that shows you a list of upcoming shows based on your album library is amazingly convenient.

I feel really dumb for having this app on my phone, but Industrial Music Alerts is impressive for how completely it centralizes concerts and DJ nights folks on this thread would be into. It seems like a useful way to discover things that you haven't listened to yet.

In fact, did someone here recommend it? It used to be known as RdB Events.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Amelia Arsenic (formerly of Angelspit) just put out a new EP

https://glitchmoderecordings.bandca...m/queen-of-risk

I really liked it. Angelspit got pretty bad after Blood Death Ivory but her first solo EP was pretty good and this has a nice Wax Trax kind of sound to it. You can really hear Sean Payne's influence on it. It's pay what you want so if you've had any interest in her music it's worth checking out.

LabyaMynora
Jun 18, 2000

MassRafTer posted:

Angelspit got pretty bad after Blood Death Ivory

I really like Hideous and Perfect and Larva Pupa Tank Coffin, but yeah, starting with Hello My Name Is and onward they added guitars, got boring, and then suddenly Destroyx/Amelia Arsenic was gone without a word, and that seemed disrespectful.

I'm listening to this new EP of hers you posted and I like it. Definitely feels more like Angelspit than Angelspit does anymore.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DasNeonLicht posted:

I feel really dumb for having this app on my phone, but Industrial Music Alerts is impressive for how completely it centralizes concerts and DJ nights folks on this thread would be into. It seems like a useful way to discover things that you haven't listened to yet.

In fact, did someone here recommend it? It used to be known as RdB Events.

It's not infallable- for some reason it's got OMD playing Kokomo, IN of all places on the same night their website says they're in Atlanta, GA.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Pillbug

Fuuuuuuck, somehow Schwefelgelb are playing here at a local techno night! And even better, it's just two days after I'll have seen Carpenter Brut & Youth Code!

Edit: 7 to see Schwefelgelb live, okay that works

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2018 around 20:25

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

I saw Schwefelgelb at a festival recently! It was fun, but I was quite tired by that point so I didn't last the whole set. It was the first time I saw them because all their earlier sets were in the drat middle of the night...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Pillbug

Entropist posted:

I saw Schwefelgelb at a festival recently! It was fun, but I was quite tired by that point so I didn't last the whole set. It was the first time I saw them because all their earlier sets were in the drat middle of the night...

As someone used to British gig timings, going to stuff in mainland Europe (or at Slimelight I guess) and finding that a headline band was on at some point in the early hours of the morning was pretty weird and has resulted in a fair few gigs where I've occasionally struggled to stay awake through bands I otherwise love!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2018 around 22:10

«163 »