Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
La MiniTK del Miedo also covered this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKDPAHuTgXU

Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xh_Sg-lvvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Speaking of which, Hocico cancelled their Toronto show :(

Government seems to have done something to gently caress up visas apparently. Rough year for concerts here.

edit: lol didn't realise local friend was complaining from LA .. rest is still true though.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 5, 2018

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Oh hell yeah. There's interesting music happening in Latin America.

From Argentina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjrBWNPd1A4

I like this group from Colombia that mixes cumbia with industrial. Some of the sounds reminds me of Doubting Thomas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0prOQpFI6M

I'm familiar with both of these but certainly don't object to listening to them again! :v:

Las Sucias seem to also be awesome but intensely weird too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDlTgY5n5_c

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Here's some awesome Mexican EBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd2RvhVgigg

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever heard old school EBM in Spanish before but I am extremely ok with it.

Edit: I am now discovering there appears to be a pretty solid EBM scene in Mexico and it is a refreshing change from shaven headed singers growling in English or German.

Yeah, it does not surprise me. Whenever I check the about page of industrial/ebm bands Mexico City is always at the top of the "Where people listen" list. Seems to be a huge scene down there.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Yeah Industrial is huge in Central and South America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UCO9egps4s&t=105s Like you couldn't do that in the US, your friend's family would throw your the gently caress out instead of being like "yes, my son's friends and dancing were so important to him." It's simultaneously ultracringe and endearing.

And a lot of great music is coming from Mexico and other Latin American countries as well. Hocico, Los Macuanos, Amduscia, etc. etc.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

13Pandora13 posted:

Yeah Industrial is huge in Central and South America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UCO9egps4s&t=105s Like you couldn't do that in the US, your friend's family would throw your the gently caress out instead of being like "yes, my son's friends and dancing were so important to him." It's simultaneously ultracringe and endearing.

And a lot of great music is coming from Mexico and other Latin American countries as well. Hocico, Los Macuanos, Amduscia, etc. etc.

It was super weird when I saw people on the scene dancing like they were in "industrial dance" videos and realised that's where they'd picked up their moves from.

I knew about Amduscia and Hocico but didn't realise there was this whole big thing along with them! But I am super glad there is this big chunk of music I'm unfamiliar with, it makes the whole thing seem more alive and awesome :unsmith:

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

Speaking of which, Hocico cancelled their Toronto show :(

Government seems to have done something to gently caress up visas apparently. Rough year for concerts here.

edit: lol didn't realise local friend was complaining from LA .. rest is still true though.

Ya, a friend was going to open for them but it got postponed due to the US witholding their visas.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
I just wanted to share a live video from one of my shows last year opening for Architect.
The venue is an amazing punk club in our town. Audio isn't live.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UTE_5-J_Z8

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Haujobb recently released a live album, named "Alive," which is great because Haujobb puts on a fantastic live show that is quite different from their recorded stuff. Or maybe it's just that Daniel Myer yells "HEY" a whole lot more often live. Worth a listen at least. They did not credit "dude with the loud, obnoxious whistle" but he makes an appearance.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
What are some stand out live industrial releases, anyway? I realized that I have somehow have four of them: NIN - And All That Could Have Been, Ministry - Sphinctour, Ministry - Necronomicon, and Skinny Puppy - Doomsday.

I think the Skinny Puppy release is by far my favorite. Not sure if it’s how it was recorded or the set list or what, but I find it very satisfying to listen to. The NIN release is probably my least favorite of them; it feels a bit sterile to me.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

There is a few Laibach live recordings that are really good

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

david_a posted:

What are some stand out live industrial releases, anyway? I realized that I have somehow have four of them: NIN - And All That Could Have Been, Ministry - Sphinctour, Ministry - Necronomicon, and Skinny Puppy - Doomsday.

I think the Skinny Puppy release is by far my favorite. Not sure if it’s how it was recorded or the set list or what, but I find it very satisfying to listen to. The NIN release is probably my least favorite of them; it feels a bit sterile to me.

I thought FLA's Live Wired was pretty excellent.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't like live albums most of the time. Most of the time the musicianship is nothing special and it's nothing like actually being there. As far as industrial live albums go I do really like Ain't It Dead Yet by Skinny Puppy though.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

david_a posted:

Front 242's Moments is pretty awesome.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

A lot of early industrial live albums are good and important, like for example Heathen Earth or At the Crypt

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I think Ain't It Dead Yet? is slightly superior to Doomsday mainly because of the "classic" aspect. Also I think it has more cohesion. Bootlegged, Broke, and In Solvent Seas is also worth hearing if you are craving that live Puppy fix.

More in line with the Ministry live stuff, but the two official Pigface live releases (Atkins eventually released a slew of others) Welcome to Mexico rear end in a top hat and Truth Will Out are kind of fun. The latter has a bit more cohesion and some tape sample fuckery, plus Gen and non Lesley Rankine adding female vox. WtMA has the classic "Ministry backing band lineup" with Connelly and Ogre featured heavily. The punk rear end metal "TFWO" cover on WtMA is neat.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Oh hell I realized I have Truth Will Out also. I’m not sure I’ve ever “intentionally” bought any of these other than Necronomicon; they’ve just been things I’ve found in used record stores.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
I've always adored Killing Joke's track Age of Greed from the Extremities, Dirt and Various Repressed Emotions album in '90. I first heard it on a industrial compilation that I picked up because it included Ministry, Godflesh, Die Krupps and few other notables. Makes me wish there was an album of the whole show out there somewhere.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
This is industrial visually more than musically but I'll share it anyway because It makes me feel like I'm on a way to a processing plant to be turned into soylent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsWH7kNWQOA

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
Saw the KANGA/CMB/Blood of Others/SØLVE show last night! BoO and Solve were aight (I think I liked their music, but the live sets weren't really engaging), loved CMB, and KANGA was phenomenal. She's also super sweet and I'm glad I got to chat with her before and after the show.

Considering myself very lucky that in the past year I've seen 3TEETH x2, PIG, Ghostfeeder x2, IAMX, Grendel, and now KANGA. Now I need another show to go to, I HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
Guess who met Alice Glass last night :3:

Hell of a show, by the way. I regret not being closer. Crowd was into it.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I've always adored Killing Joke's track Age of Greed from the Extremities, Dirt and Various Repressed Emotions album in '90. I first heard it on a industrial compilation that I picked up because it included Ministry, Godflesh, Die Krupps and few other notables. Makes me wish there was an album of the whole show out there somewhere.

Strangely enough modern Killing Joke is angrier and heavier than ever, and actually pretty good.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

david_a posted:

Revco's You Goddamn Son of a Bitch Live is a gem. Not exactly industrial, but Big Black's Pigpile is also loving awesome.

Beard Dandruff fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 14, 2018

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

So...Psyclon Nine has a tour date in NYC in August. Did rehab finally take with Nero, or...?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apparently the Sante Fe shooter listened to Perturbator

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
First track from Front Line Assembly's Warmech is out: https://frontlineassembly.bandcamp.com/album/warmech

Really digging it. And just realized that Warmech was the last album Jeremy Inkel worked on. I hope he's producing slick beats in the big Vancouver in the sky. RIP.

And in related news Rhys Fulber will be releasing an ablum under his own name. The track I've heard sounds pretty sweet: http://www.releasemagazine.net/rhys-fulber-to-release-solo-album-with-body-techno/

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

to be fair Dangerous Days is a pretty good album.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

We're getting Gary fucken Numan in Finland in December :hellyeah:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

TOOT BOOT posted:

There are enough school shootings in the US that I guess pretty much ever genre listened to by lonely guys will have a shooter who listens to it pretty shortly :smith:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

The Columbine killers were infamously quoting KMFDM on their manifesto website.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
happy world goth day from Gothminister!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I can't keep up with all these Die Sektor albums and remix albums but this is :coolfish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1h-cL4VuA

I have a feeling Vivisect VI is one of this band's favorite records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff1SLj4IK50

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 24, 2018

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Well this certainly could be interesting...

Tickets go onsite Friday (6/8).

11/21 San Francisco, CA - The Warfield
11/23 Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot
11/24 Denver, CO - Fillmore
11/27 Minneapolis, MN - Skyway Theatre
11/29 Joliet, IL - The Forge
11/30 Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre
12/01 Detroit, MI - Majestic Theater
12/02 Toronto, ON - Rebel
12/04 Rochester, NY - Anthology
12/05 Washington, DC - Fillmore
12/06 New York, NY - Irving Plaza
12/07 New York, NY - Irving Plaza
12/08 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
12/10 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
12/11 Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theater
12/12 Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey
12/13 Houston, TX - House of Blues Houston
12/14 San Antonio, TX - Aztec Theater
12/16 Phoenix, AZ - Marquee
12/18 San Diego, CA - House of Blues San Diego
12/20 Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda
12/21 Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 5, 2018

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Carpenter Brut were so fun live in March that I'm going to see them again in October!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sheesh no RI/MA Date at all?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
PIG is touring with Killing Joke looks like. I would rather just see PIG.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Why are you so broken :(

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
That's a great pairing. I hope they come to Norway.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
YESSSSS PIG/Killing Joke and Kanga/Cyanotic/Rabbit Junk/etc in the next few months!

Anyone in UK going to the PIG show this weekend? When it was announced it was to be the only 2018 show, but the other night my friend who DJ's hinted that PIG might join Killing Joke and then look what was announced! Raymond says more dates will be added as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Whispering Machines posted:

YESSSSS PIG/Killing Joke and Kanga/Cyanotic/Rabbit Junk/etc in the next few months!

Anyone in UK going to the PIG show this weekend? When it was announced it was to be the only 2018 show, but the other night my friend who DJ's hinted that PIG might join Killing Joke and then look what was announced! Raymond says more dates will be added as well.

Man I would love to see that tour, I suspect it doesn't get to this side of the atlantic though. I would like to go see PIG again but I have too much on to go down to london atm, will have to hope he adds some dates in the north.