Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Coil's Queens Of The Circulating Library is being reissued in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

there's a new Pig album, and I like it :stare:

Yeah, I felt a little disappointed in the last PIG album (from earlier this year?) and most of the recent KMFDM albums. However, this is pleasently surprising! I had the fortune of seeing the 2002 KMFDM Sturm & Drang tour feating PIG. Honestly it was truly one of the best industrial shows I've ever seen. So in an unfare manor, all KMFDM and PIG releases fall short of living up to that experience. Thanks for sharing!

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
laibach covering leonard cohen :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03lVhBL_Nls

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
quote is not edit

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

is laibach ok?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I am sure that LAIBACH is ok, but I also do not pretend to fully understand LAIBACH.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Halloween Jack posted:

I am sure that LAIBACH is ok, but I also do not pretend to fully understand LAIBACH.
Ditto.

That said, the Cohen cover is the first thing of theirs I've heard that I would actually regularly listen to.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Stolen from the post-Grunge thread.

If this actually happens, then happy to see Skinny Puppy get a show in 2023 but seeing a band notorious for a stage show complete with video, lights, special makeup effects and props in the middle of the afternoon in a desert has ZERO appeal to me.

Maybe those festival grounds have indoor venues, or they get an after dark set time?

Lots of nostalgia on that bill regardless.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 7, 2022

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I absolutely do not trust any NA festival to successfully book Sisters Of Mercy

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

teethgrinder posted:

Ditto.

That said, the Cohen cover is the first thing of theirs I've heard that I would actually regularly listen to.

Not even Jesus Christ Superstar? tough crowd

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The entire Sound of Music album is very approachable, and then you have funny stuff like Geburt Einer Nation, or club bangers like Tanz With Laibach or edgy martial stuff like Ti, Ki Izzivas. There is something for everyone.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Boy Harsher are a bit cheery of late. So I was letting YouTube feed me algorithm music yesterday, and it fed me Sexual Purity, from Ukraine, who basically just do what Boy Harsher do: sp00ky bleep music behind a female voice drenched in reverb.

All their stuff is on their bandcamp: https://sexualpurity.bandcamp.com/. You'll probably enjoy it.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
DJing for a Kontravoid show in two weeks and I am hyyyyyyped.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I'm going to Bimfest this weekend. Lineup is absolutely stacked, except Nuclear Sludge and Sierra have both just pulled out :smith:. Still tons of great artists, but was really looking forward to both of them.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

why are there so many covers of warm leatherette?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
because it rocks rear end

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Thank you for reminding me that I haven't listened to Decoded Feedback for years and need to remedy that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IlRMSW3Xhc

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

The Voice of Labor posted:

Because it's one of the first songs that kicked off both new wave and industrial music???

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

while these theories are not entirely without merit, I think the deciding factor is that it's an easy song to cover. 4 notes, 1 beat

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

The Voice of Labor posted:

https://alexreed.bandcamp.com/album/warm-fireplace

Because it can be festive

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got some pretty sweet collaborations with Frozen Plasma and [:SITD:] coming up!! :toot:

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
i got us the new cEvin Key album on winyl for Christmas. after half a listen, I think it's good. more percussive than The Ghost of Each Room, as inscrutably hard to completely classify as Music For Cats.

I'd call it ambient/industrial and I suspect I'll listen to it a lot in the new year

I think I find post '92 cEvin generally more interesting than post '92 nivek even if the ohGr albums have a place in my heart

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Same but opposite. I don't hate cEvin's side projects but I've never been able to shake the feeling that the best tracks always ended up on SP albums. I'm also way more into the earlier side project material.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't know how many people remember them but according to a Facebook post Pat Briggs of Psychotica has died. They were working on a new album, too.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
New Laibach sounds really great. Love the drums on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8imjLXxlwYA

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Future Days posted:

New Laibach sounds really great. Love the drums on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8imjLXxlwYA

Yeah it's loving fantastic. I thought Zarathustra was already a step into the old school 80's direction, ESPECIALLY live (their best live show I've seen), but this goes full-on into that stuff, except this time with 40+ years of musicianship shaping the sound. It sounds amazing.

Hoping they'll have the album available at their merch stand on their upcoming tour - as it happens I'll see them twice, as I'm visiting family in Helsinki when they're in town and then I'll come back to Berlin just in time to see them again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Amelia Arsenic re-appeared after falling off the face of the planet again and released a new track:

https://ameliaarsenic.bandcamp.com/track/oxytocin

I only saw it during the holiday rush so I listened to it once, kind of liked it and then forgot because I've been so busy. Not an indictment of it, just there's too much going on to really listen to it!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Saw the Front 242/Nitzer Ebb show in Berlin. Liebknecht was bang on as an opener. 242 (still) whips rear end live while Nitzer Ebb kinda sucks, NE have zero business going on after 242. They do play a shorter set at least apparently. I left 9 or 10 songs in because they were so boring

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 10, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a cyborg mug posted:

Saw the Front 242/Nitzer Ebb show in Berlin. Liebknecht was bang on as an opener. 242 (still) whips rear end live while Nitzer Ebb kinda sucks, NE have zero business going on after 242. They do play a shorter set at least apparently. I left 9 or 10 songs in because they were so boring

I've seen Nitzer Ebb twice live and thought they were absolutely fantastic both times. I saw them with Liebknecht opening too, oddly enough. Like, good enough that both times I put on Nitzer Ebb albums on the way home and then after listening for awhile thought "this is fine but it sounded way cooler live."

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Well, I have been listening to "Love is still Alive" all morning.

Jeffe
Apr 18, 2001

Viva Ze Bool!
I know it's not exactly hardcore industrial but in the same vein being German bleep-bloop music, I heard a song that has a woman singing (in German) and then at the end of every line a guy says something which sounds roughly like "fer dech tich". It's a very chipper tune. Does anyone know what it might be?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jeffe posted:

I know it's not exactly hardcore industrial but in the same vein being German bleep-bloop music, I heard a song that has a woman singing (in German) and then at the end of every line a guy says something which sounds roughly like "fer dech tich". It's a very chipper tune. Does anyone know what it might be?

Sounds like Blutengel.

Jeffe
Apr 18, 2001

Viva Ze Bool!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Sounds like Blutengel.

Oh, no, definitely not them, this was cheery music that almost sounded like it was done on an Atari. That is not to say Blutengel can't cheer someone up at times!

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Jeffe posted:

Oh, no, definitely not them, this was cheery music that almost sounded like it was done on an Atari. That is not to say Blutengel can't cheer someone up at times!

Welle:Erdball?

Jeffe
Apr 18, 2001

Viva Ze Bool!

mennoknight posted:

Welle:Erdball?

Ooh, that might be the artist, sounds like it, and they have a song "something something musikexpress" that the DJ on Twitch also played later in her show... but none of their songs on iTunes seems to be the one I'm looking for yet, I'll keep digging. What I've sampled sounds like a lot of fun stuff though!

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Welle:erdball is the OG chiptunes as pop music band.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

thotsky posted:

Welle:erdball is the OG chiptunes as pop music band.

idk which song precisely it is, but yeah it sounds like it'll be Welle: Erdball. Their older stuff is way, way better than the newer releases. Everything up to and including Operation: Zeitsturm is absolutely great, but the releases after that one are very much treading water with diminishing return.

Edit: and I think one of the key band members left a couple of years ago as well

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Monoton und Minimal still slaps.

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
YEARS late to the party but did anybody ever truly figure out if steve naghavi got hacked that one time?

i'm thinking of going to munich for the and one tour later this year but i don't want to spend a significant amount of money on flying out to see a fascist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Word is that was all Steve. :shrug: