Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Twiin posted:

I won't play Combichrist anymore. Even if he wasn't totally played out, I'm so loving sick of his racist/sexist shock jock bullshit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting sick of this. I missed the racism though- what's that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I really liked Waste of Love.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

Judging from his Twitter account, his record label just sued him.

If I didn't know that he's a douche, I'd feel for him 'cause it sounds like his life is kind of falling apart.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

One of my all-time favorite bands is/was (their band existence is in limbo) Orgy. Punk Statik Paranoia wasn't a good album but I still play Candyass and Vapor Transmission regularly.

Do you like Julien-K?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

hatelull posted:

I love COIL's soundscapes and ludicrously priced limited releases as much as the next faceless internet persona, but I honestly read that as a Depeche Mode reference. A loser is me?

Oh god, I thought it was just me.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Furret Basket posted:

Now Laibach know how to do covers.

Let It Be, for example.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Entropist posted:

I like the Mirrorshades stream: http://mirrorshades.org/wc/radio.shtml
It's still up and running even though the person who maintained it died, apparently... Basically it's a playlist on shuffle, but there's lots of good stuff in it.

Aw poo poo, he died over a year ago. Sadness.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Are the Gothsicles the friendly and cheerful people they come off as in interviews?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Furret Basket posted:

Complaining about Project Pitchfork lyrics :psyduck:

I believe that the Gothsicles addressed this already.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

teethgrinder posted:

:hfive:

It needs to be because nobody listens to it.

Rammstein being a massive exception. I'm shocked that they can play in stadiums here.

I'm constantly amazed that any of it exists to listen to, honestly, given how ridiculously tiny the scene around it is. Makes me sad to think about.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

TBM mix guitars and synths and that's usually a pretty direct route to my heart.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I just can't forgive Orgy for being that band that everybody thinks "Blue Monday" is by.

Julien-K is aces though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I liked "E-Race Generation" but overall Helalyn Flowers is pretty meh. Reminds me of Lunascape, whose "Chemical Lingo" was on a handful of comps but was the only vaguely interesting thing on their album.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Could be worse, after one of their recent tours the Cruxshadows came out of a restaurant to find their vehicles broken into and all their equipment stolen.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I think this must be the biggest and best compliment I've ever gotten for anything in my life. I'm serious.

You and Quirk both.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

somethingwicked posted:

I went on the 2010 Gothic Cruise that Covenant played on. Eskil kept himself hidden most of the time but he seemed like a nice fellow when he would show up for some of the late night clubs. I was talking to some of the girls on the trip and they were telling me that a couple times he would go door to door, piss drunk at about 3 in the morning trying to get girls to go swimming with him.

Interesting guy.

I knew some folks who went on that cruise a couple of years ago. They came back with video of Rogue singing "Yesterday".

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Quirk posted:

These versions of these songs are for Doom specifically, but its by my fake band I'm gonna make a thread about soon:

http://youtu.be/xJ46giSZV0I

Aw man, I can't wait to give you money.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I saw the Lovecraft's website, it looks like a really awesome bar.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

It doesn't me mad, persay, but it definitely communicates that whatever it's stamped on is not something I'd be interested in.

Yeah, agreed. I can't make a connection between this and what you've posted.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I have no loving idea what just happened.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The music you've posted isn't stupid, though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

You're sharing a genre with the people "English License" was written about, you're fine.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

What's the status on AH, anyway? Are they officially over?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I somehow didn't realize that I hadn't heard Tactical Neural Implant yet.

Oh my.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Uhhh, is there supposed to be something else than this annoying-rear end loop of cartoons'n poo poo? What the hell is this bro

e: also, Laibach covers Bob Dylan's Ballad of a Thin Man

:stare: holy

loving

shiiiiiiiit

this is one loving sick track.

e2: I mean holy loving poo poo bitch. Good lord. This has to be one of the best Laibach interpretations ever, and that's saying loving something.

e3: Everyone in this threadEveryone who claims they like music needs to listen to this right loving now. This is quite possible the best song I have ever heard in my whole drat life.

If you haven't seen it, the short film the images in that video are taken from, Skhizein, is loving amazing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Furret Basket posted:

A friend of mine went to pick up a band from the airport today for DV8Fest. "I dunno, I've never heard of them." He says, "They're called, urm, Grendel."
:stare:

I'm just trying to come up with a circumstance in which a person is responsible to pick up Grendel but has not heard of Grendel.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

How is Für euch, die ihr liebt? I loved Helium Vola but Liod left me cold.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I'd be okay with Bella Morte being divas if their music hadn't turned into the hot topic mess that it has been for a couple of albums now. drat shame.

At least I still have my copy of Where Shadows Lie.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I like the more electronic direction KMFDM has been going in, but then my faovirte KMFDM album is Symbols, soooooo

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Cleaner posted:

And instead we got stuff like Save Me. Which sounded like Linkin Park.

Woah, now, let's not say anything we can't take back.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I got to thinking about Zombie Girl and checked out their Wikipedia, which linked to this (I had to hand transcribe this and left in all the typos, gently caress those guys):

quote:

RBS: The new "The Halloween" EP is being called the comeback of Zombie Girl and it has been a while sense you released new music. Why the wait? Is the EP worth the wait? What can we expect to hear on it?

Renee: Totally the labels idea and once again an example of speaking to Komor and not me. This came as quite a surprise. I was notified by Komor aprox 2 days before the label needed lyrics from me, all vocals, art work and photos. Since there was nothing left in the studio as Komor took everything, including equipment that I am still paying for. I was at a loss as to how to perform this miracle. 2 DAYS NOTICE! He got a paid advance, etc. I was totally in the dark. so they went with remixes of previous ZG tracks, Komor used some buddies of his and some chick from a bar he frequents to do a spoken word thing. Then he says "Oh look, I had to do this all myself, Renee did not pull her weight, she is breaching contract. She still has half the studio. That is so much B.S. This entire thing was so unfair to me. He did this to make me look bad. When he told me he would f*ck me over and I'd wish I never met him... he was right. I am looking to work with a new producer and musicians now. As for doing ZG shows now, I have all the music, background etc. I am ready.

Is this a warm up EP? Is there a full length in the works?

Yes. But including what I've stated above...
Because I am female, it has given the other guy seemingly more authority when it comes to Zombie Girl shoes/etc. I am talking about Komor. He is no longer my producer and has managed to convince a great number of promoters out there to believe that There will be no more zombie Girl shows, etc. THIS IS NOT TRUE! I am not giving up something so dear to me and zombie Girl, besides being ME, is my baby. I am accepting offers for ZG shows NOW. If you want one let ME know. Do not ask Komor. I have been back stabbed on many levels by that guy and in fact I am thinking of writing a book about this. Any publishers interested? Contact me.
I have been pushed aside in conversations because I am a female. I have had people speak down to me because I am a female.
I have been physically assaulted and the person got away with it because I am a female and was told by Komor that this person (who out weighed me by 100 lbs. or more)
and who was a intimate friend of Mr. Komor- would send bad asses to hurt me worse if I did not drop the police charges.
I dropped the charges. Had I been a man, you bet things would have gone differently for both Komor and his violent 'friend'. I have been placed in the same hotel room with Komor, because I am a woman, the name registered should be the man's name. I say B.S. no more. I am not a second class citizen here. There's so much more discrimination in this biz when you are a female unless you suck a lot of c*ck and I have too much self esteem now after all I've gone through. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I am very strong now.

What's your Halloween costume going to be this year?

I am going as an abused female. I've lived it so it will be easy.

When we did the first part of this interview we contacted Renee. We had no idea about the falling out between her and Komor. However with the answers we got back from her its only fair to let the other half of Zombie Girl "Sebastian R. Komor" reply...

RBS: Lets talk about the first part of the interview. We asked Renee what took so long for this Ep to come out and the reply was basically that its all your fault and you did it on purpose to make her look bad. Whats your side as to whyt he Ep took so long to come out?

Seb: This is rumour control, here are the facts: For one due to obvious personal conflicts I had to basically set up my studio again somewhere elsei n the same town, as I found half my studio left out in the backyard, don't get me wrong I like being outside and a studio outdoors could be cool, but maybe on my own terms and time. So it took awhile for me to set my studio and the equipment up again, not to mention I went on a drinking binge to sort my head out and such things. That being said other projects needed my attention, so it was a bit of a rollercoaster ride this whole thing. In fact the Hallowen EP was planned to be released like 2 years ago but again for obvious reasons poo poo got postponed, I mean to release a decent product shits gotto function, poo poo just wasnt functioning, and through that focus faded. However now the label reminded us of this Halloween release, so I got on the horse to get it done. However communication as simple as one might thing it is became quickly another rollercoaster ride. I did my parts writing for vocals..lyrics..now deadlines are like trains..you either get on the train in time or you miss the train. Specially a release that is set for a Halloween date. I mean I guess you are persistent you could convince the world to postpone Halloween this year because this band Zombie Girl is late with the vocals...dunno. This is also why I ended up doing the vocals on the title track as well sometimes you just gotto get on the horse and go from A to B, one way or the other. Also asked some local talents/friends here in Edmonoton to participate, which they did in great ways on the 2nd track on the EP. The lyrics on the title track was also mostlt written by Matt Mitchell from the USA. So thanks to all these people and the great remixes this EP came together with the aid of people who believe in music and have in so many ways been very helpfull musically and personally here in Canada. I would like to say a big thank you all. \m/

The second part of the interview is where things get interesting. The question was "Is the Ep a warm up and will a Full length be coming?" Before she got a tad off the topic Renee stated "yes". What about you? Will you continue the Zombie Girl franchise or will you be moving on?

Seb: I think, oh wait I need to go LOL first, ok there. Um, off topic yeah, OK back to topic: That is a good question aint it? Truth to be told I had a lot of fun writing and producing the songs, as well as playing life although we only did like 3-4 shows. But yeah this is something that needs to be discussed with the label. Certain facts needs to be laid out so all parts understand their position in Zombie Girl. I mean no point in trying to figure out what to do if someone just doesn't kfn get it you know. I mean being called an x-member and producer when your's truly have done it all from A-Z with this band, not to mention the last EP I mean some matters bviously are not overly clear to some individuals. Music is passion, to me music is life. But there are times when you need to deal with the business part, thats when emotions cant do the talking. How I see it is simply: ok, talk poo poo left and right...go blablablablabla, but none of that get poo poo done or sorted. Oh thats right..thats why contracts are signed hey? I dont know, my biggest consern with this whole thing is how I feel fans are let down and you know mising out on gigs and just hearing all this noise online. Thats what really bothers me about this ordeal. So a new album? I can see it happen, but not this way. I'm done working with irrational people who have little or no sense of understanding, wait, will to understand both sides of the card. Its really true, some people are meant do to music some just should stay the gently caress away.

I cannot loving believe they didn't ask him about what she spent most of the interview talking about.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

It's such a shame they have so few views! They seem so enthusiastic about what they're doing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

It's pretty much Angelspit continuing to do what they do, and I like that, so I'm happy.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

boo_radley posted:

They're good, but a lot of their art looks like supplements to role playing games.

If you can't admit that you're a horrible nerd, you have no business listening to industrial music. :colbert:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

I used to be a big HuG fan but I don't like the way they keep flirting with a nazi aesthetic. I don't think they have any actual nazi sympathies but I definitely think they're guilty of courting an audience that does.

That poo poo was tired in 79, for gently caress's sake.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Cleaner posted:

dumped it onto VHS tape back and forth a bunch of times to make it look old.

See, this is the way to do it, rather than simply inserting VHS errors in post a la Sex Offender Shuffle.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Godmachine posted:

Having just moved out to the Bay Area, I'm loving the night life out here. I finally live close enough to decent clubs to go out every/other weekend. It's mostly places that play your typical VNV-type stuff (which I'm fond of), but some of the classic nights reminded me of my roots. I nearly flipped poo poo when I heard OMD - Electricity being played in a club. It had been about 4 years since I heard that in a club, which was back in San Antonio.

Apop does a really nice cover of that.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I like Combichrist a lot, I just hate the whole "Please be offended!" thing he does. It's so childish.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Slappy Moose posted:

I've found that giving no shits about what a band says or does or looks like goes a long way to just enjoying the music. I really like their songs, so even though he's super gay (like I keep hearing) about trying to be offensive, it doesn't bother me.

It gets into his lyrics, as in "Fuckmachine" and "Give Head If You Got It". "Joy to the World" is pretty great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

All three of those songs are great. :colbert:

Sure, but with the first two, the lyrics are sufficiently "Please be offended by me!" to be distracting to where I can't enjoy them.