Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"

moss piglet posted:

Are there any bands that sound like Angelspit or Dawn of Ashes that don't have a case of Edgy 15 Year Old Lyricist Syndrome?

Sorry of those two bands arn't Electro-Industrial, I don't know much about this kind of music.

Angelspit is actually my favorite industrial band right now because of their uncharacteristic pissed-off punk lyrics and that (to me, anyway) they sound totally unique from everything else that's going on in electronic music right now. But You might find the most recent works of BAAL, Velcra, or Acumen Nation to be somewhere in the ballpark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Just got back from a punk-as-gently caress Angelspit show in Boston. That was definitely the most intimate setting I've ever seen a band play that wasn't at their practice space, and as a four-piece with a live drummer, they are heavy as hell. Karl even passed the mic to me to yell "gently caress the revolution", which is something I didn't think happened at industrial shows. Anyone remotely near NYC or New Jersey should do themselves a favor and see tomorrow night's show.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

I'm not saying this just because I want you to resample the whole song again, but I liked the original orchestra hits a lot more!

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Is anyone else excited for the new Angelspit album coming out next month? They're sharing two tracks on their Facebook page, both of which I think kick major rear end. I know a lot of people basically have love/hate/nothing in between feelings toward their music, but they are touring the US next month and they put on an excellent show with live drums and guitar, so if they're stopping near you you should check it out.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Anyone else heard Chrysalide? I just randomly stumbled upon their album "Don't be scared, it's about life", and it's (I hate to use this term to describe electronic music and not metal core) BRUTAL. There's a definite SP influence throughout their album, but to me it's mostly interesting and refreshing. Lots of rhythm switches, tempo changes, time signature changes, etc.

(I'm in no way affiliated with them, I just feel lucky I found some good industrial and wanted to pass it along...)

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Seeing Angelspit live is weird. I mostly stick to the hardcore/metal/mosh pit scene but they've been my favorite band for the last few years. Every time I see them they're playing to a sell-out crowd in front of a dance floor, usually headlining, so I always think "hell yeah, fat synths? Massive techno beats? Superbitch vocals? This is gonna be a sweet dance party!" Then it's me dancing in front singing the words with a couple hundred goth kids behind me silently bobbing their heads. The band always has a ton of energy and rocks out, but the crowd is just a bunch of bummer goth kids. And me.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

And the teenybopper scene kids there to see Blood On the Dancefloor!

Seeing Angelspit twice this spring, once playing a punk-as-gently caress set in a tiny basement bar in Cambridge MA and then at a two-story nightclub in Philly, those were both sold out headlining shows and both crowds were bummer goth kids except me. They're a secretly nice crowd I guess though, a lot of people at the bar offered to help me and my friend get where we were going, assuming we were looking for a different show.

But yeah, this last tour was definitely an all-time low. A hundred or so five foot tall teenage girls screaming at me and pulling at my clothes because I'm trying to get in the front and they think I'm trying to steal their spot to see their "screamo" band. (Yes, they're calling Blood on the Dancefloor "screamo".)

The silver lining of that night was that no one gave a gently caress about Angelspit except for me, so I got to spend a good couple hours talking about making music with all the band members. One of the best things about them is that if they're not swamped with kids taking pictures and getting autographs, the band members will probably treat you like a peer and talk music with you until the lights come on.

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I want to make a mix of nothing but industrial sample collages

I don't think it's completely instrumental, but "Satanic Panic" by Pig is at least mostly samples. It also kicks major rear end.

afgrunden posted:

a combination of punk and industrial.

First band that comes to mind is Punish Yourself. I don't know much about them but Killing Joke is an obvious influence on them, as well as punk and early 90's industrial metal.

DaveSpillings fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

Twiin, I think it's pretty cool that Karl from Angelspit posted your video. I'm glad it's getting some attention around the internet!