Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm sorry to spam this thread all the drat time but loving Laibach. So good. If you're interested in what they played last night, here's the Setlist.fm page for the concert. The new versions of the old tracks were fantastic, especially Mi kujemo bodocnost, which was the first song I've ever actually felt genuinely threatened by live. That track was just so loving evil live that I was literally going :stare: for the whole song. Drzava was a bit of a letdown, the song didn't really resemble the original at all and was transformed into a weird happy techno dance song. That was probably the whole idea, but I wasn't really feeling it.

The crowd (surprisingly big, wasn't expecting a turnout of like over 200 people) obviously wasn't all that familiar with Laibach's earlier works, but took them enthusiastically enough and started moving around a bit more when Tanz mit Laibach and the rest of the set started. Hell: Symmetry was definitely a high point of the WAT + Alle Gegen Alle part, but the ultimate best section of the set were the first encores (America, Anglia and Francia). Francia was just perfect. The only things I didn't like about the concert were the people attending it. I love dancing and poo poo but there's a time and place for retarded spastic hippy dancing, and that time and place isn't Nova loving Akropola. Thanks for the rock hard smelly dreads in my face, stupid dude who felt that he absolutely had to push his way through the whole crowd right into front of me and start dancing at the weirdest times, I guess.

Anyway, I can't say those seven years of waiting didn't pay off :allears:
Saw the show in Sotckholm and I totally agree with this. Amazing stuff. I liked the new versions of the old tracks much more than I thought I would.

Oh and Eskil Simonsson from Covenant was there.

Great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

Doesn't sound bad at all. Reminds me, I should get around to checking out Edge of Dawn. Weird that I haven't considering how obsessed with Seabound I am.
Also make sure to check out Ghost & Writer. Frank Spinath from Seabound + Jean-Marc Lederman from The Weathermen. It owns.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Love the new Necro Facility. It's really poppy but who gives a poo poo. And in retrospect it's relly obvious that Lightbringer was very much a Necro Facility song.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Twiin posted:

Ladies and sirs of SA, I present to you my greatest work:

I had to pretend to be my friend's husband to get a very drunk Eskil from Covenant to stop hitting on her. It didn't really work. Instead, he challenged me to a duel. A chess duel.

Which of course made it obvious to me that he had heard so much about THE LEGENDARY AD·VER·SARY, and he was just too starstruck to ask for an autograph! So I wrote the nice kid out one.

You can't really tell in this photo, but he was actually drunk enough to be totally excited by the autograph. This is when my friend and I couldn't keep it together anymore, and we had to flee the scene.

Was this at the Laibach concert at Tyrol?

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

What's the status on AH, anyway? Are they officially over?
Yeah. Over and done.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Hey man, you gonna go see FLA this month in Stockholm? I'm coming over to see how my cousin is doing (he just moved there) and see the FLA gig on the 27th.
I'm totally going. It was fantastic last year. If you want to meet up for drinks before I'm game.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Totally, let's hook up. My cousin's a chill guy and his equally-chill Swedish girlfriend might come see the gig as well, not sure yet.

e: By the way, do you reckon I should have my cousin get the tickets in advance? Is FLA popular enough in Sweden to pull a full house? I'm pretty doubtful but I want to be sure, kinda don't wanna haul my rear end there and notice that they can't let me in :v:
It was pretty packed last year so I think I'm gonna get my ticket in advance.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

gently caress you, Germans <:mad:>

Project Pitchfork - Timekiller feat. Steve Naghavi live at M'Era Luna 2011

Why didn't this happen last year at Amphi :argh:

PS. Hedenius throw me an email to tuntuva@yahoo.com sometime before the FLA gig next week so we can arrange some sick poo poo :wink:
I won't be able to make it before the gig. I double booked the 27:th. But I will be at debaser so we can meet up at the concert. I'll send you an email with my facebook.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

I bought Covenant's Modern Ruin on a whim in Stockholm (since I was in, you know, Sweden) and now I just am not able to a) not play Lightbringer over and over again b) get the song out of my head. Easily one of the ohrwurmiest tracks I've heard in the last year or so. drat.

Modern Ruin is the first Covenant album I've heard and now I had to order some loving more (Cryotank and Europa).
All Covenant albums are worth having but if you really like Lightbringer that much you'll probably love Necro Facility's Wintermute. After listening to Wintermute is pretty obvious that Lightbringer is basically a Necro Facility song.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Never listened to Necro Facility at all but that album just went straight into my wishlist. I ain't afraid of a little pop in my industrial.

PS. not listening to Lightbringer at the very moment, not at all
Just keep in mind that the first two Necro Facility albums don't sound anything like Wintermute. It's very much a rip-off of early Skinny Puppy. A very good rip-off though.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

molotoveverything posted:

I really like crossroads, those songs and "what used to be" (imo) really do have a distinctive style. I've never heard of someone switching between modulated male/female vocals like that.

I like this single as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es-AarzpQ-w

unrelated, but I can't believe I've neglected to listen to funker vogt for this long of a time. I'm absolutely loving subspace, do they have any other similar songs? I love the guy's vocals.
All vocals are by this person btw:

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Furret Basket posted:

The German Will Wright.
Austrian.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

KMFDM - A Drug Against Wall Street. Basically a 2011 version of Drug Against War :haw:
Owns.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

DaveSpillings posted:

Anyone else heard Chrysalide? I just randomly stumbled upon their album "Don't be scared, it's about life", and it's (I hate to use this term to describe electronic music and not metal core) BRUTAL. There's a definite SP influence throughout their album, but to me it's mostly interesting and refreshing. Lots of rhythm switches, tempo changes, time signature changes, etc.

(I'm in no way affiliated with them, I just feel lucky I found some good industrial and wanted to pass it along...)
They are awesome. They remind me quite a bit of Last Rights era Skinny Puppy at times.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

spider_ross.avi posted:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it or i just missed it, but Haujobb released a new album this month.

Havent listened to the whole album yet, but "Dead Market" is a massive step forward for Myer imo. the music video can be seen here.
It's amazing. I have to listen to it a bit more but I'm almost willing to say it's better than both Solutions For A Small Planet and Polarity.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Quirk posted:

I did this only to make a few bucks from a horrible Alaskan goth zine, the owner filmed it and was so proud of his work.

http://youtu.be/U4bfSvepiVY

I was just as embarassed making it as you feel watching it but I really wanted a dub sack.
I suppose that means you very incredibly embarassed while making it. What was that music? Why the hell was this made?

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

somethingwicked posted:

Here's to 2012 and Revelations by Mind.in.a.Box :woop:
There are snippets up on http://www.infrarot.de/mind-in-a-box/revelations/2010248

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Great news!

quote:

Bruno Kramm his extremely happy to report that his band colleague and friend Stefan Ackermann not only survived a severe brain hemorrhage but also the critical first 6 months - against all odds. Today, the Das Ich singer feels a lot better.

Das Ich have scheduled a band rehearsal in April and hope to be able to reunite on stage late 2012.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

afgrunden posted:

Was going to post this in the recommendation thread but this seems like a better place? I have to admit I don't really know much about industrial, much less electro-industrial, but I was wondering if any of you know of some bands that make music that's kind of like a combination of punk and industrial. Like some kind of weird combination of Killing Joke, Laibach and Big Black.
SPK. But beware that they´re VERY punk and VERY industrial.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Oh, that's neat - VNV Nation is playing here in Finland in April. I might have to go even though I've never really bothered to listen to them that much (not a huge fan of Ronan's voice, I'm afraid), but I understand they're pretty kickass live. Also it's not often we get these kind of artists here, anyway, so I gotta take what I can.
I've seen them a few times live and they always put on a good show.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

boo_radley posted:

I picked up Chrysalide - Don't be Scared, It's About Life after listening to the video posted earlier repeatedly.

It. loving. Rocks.

The second song is "Traders Must Die" -- I thought this was a translation error for "traitors". Nope! It's about killing corrupt bankers and commodities traders for the economic crisis. The whole disk is about exacting revenge on crony capitalism.

The comparisons to Skinny Puppy are pretty apt, too. Lotta crazy key/ tempo/ tone changes.
Agree with this 100%. Get it as soon as you can.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
For those of you in London:

Laibach show ‘Monumental Retro-avant-guarde’ at Tate Modern – Turbine Hall on April 14th is now SOLD OUT! A possible additional date on April 15th is being discussed.

I would kill to be there.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Furret Basket posted:

I've never heard of a Stromkern track called Ruin(ed). Ruin, yes. Is it a previously unreleased remix? If so does that mean Stromkern are still stromming? Because I miss them dearly.
It's from a new(ish) EP called Dead Letters. They're back in action.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Twiin posted:

Thanks, man. Yeah, Andy's response surprised me, but what more can I ask for, really?

This is today's surprise:

RODNEY ANONYMOUS

Between that post and Haujobb changing their FB cover photo to 'we deserve better', there is a little teenage version of me who's head just exploded.
That owns. Haujobb always struck me as more mature guys anyway.

EDIT: Didn't see the whole video until now. It's great. And couldn't be more timely.

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 22, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Man, I've been going to sleep to this Haujobb song for 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV6TH8bnYuw

Are there any other good cold spacey ambient bands out there in a similar vein to Haujobb's atmospheric stuff?
Delerium's Spheres I & II are a really nice for this type of stuff.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Does anyone know what happened to Standeg? They released an EP and an album back in 08 and seemed to have disappeared from the face of the earth since. A shame since I really loved them.

For those who don't know Standeg is (was?) two former members of Haujobb. Among other things they made an amazing version of Homes & Gardens (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2J6qugiG4U).

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
So y'all should probably get the recording of Monumental Retro-avant-garde It's really good.

And it has the best version of Across the Universe ever recorded.

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 22, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

A Swedish guy trying to explain American iconography to us. Okay.

Does it not occur to him that it was the state flag of Georgia (and is still flown above the South Carolina state capitol) because of the Civil War?
Norwegian.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
So I've been listening both to the new And One album and the new PAKT (ie. the other part of the old And One) and I'm surprised at home much I enjoy both of them considering how awful And One was just before the breakup. Recommended!

Neither band is a million miles from what And One used to sound like but PAKT seem to be going more for the harder edged stuff.

PS: Also just going to leave this here. I assume some of you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5B0nyI2fA

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 15, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Gushing Granny posted:

What's Industrial like these days? The last time I followed it was about late 2010. I still bought Covenant and And One's new album (yes, I know they're not Industrial), but thought they both left something to be desired. Any great new or newish releases?
If you like the harder stuff I have some recent albums to recommend.

Little known band (so far, but they will be huge) Chrysalide have released two amazing albums: Lost In A Lost World in 2007 and Don't Be Scared, It's About Life in 2011.

New Decree album in 2011 (Fateless). It's amazing.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
I'm totally in love with Hirsute Pursuit at the moment. This is the sexiest music ever made basically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN40oAfzf_4

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
So I've been listening a bit to the new Dead When I Found Her album. If it would have been only the track New Age of Reason it would have been a masterpiece. And now you get eleven more!

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

What is the loving point of doing loving anything (especially "my own music") now that Front Line Assembly - AirMech exists in this universe. Just gently caress it all, I hate everything gently caress poo poo rear end.

This album genuinely makes me angry because it's so good. This is also the second FLA album that just happens to sound exactly like how my music would sound if I actually were able to make my music sound exactly like it is in my head. Civilization was the first and now there's this and gently caress you LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

gently caress ME THIS IS GOOOOOOOOOD!

But I think this is a pretty much a Noise Unit/Synaesthesia album more then an FLA one. But who cares what name they use, it OOOOOOWNS!

PS. The Brostep parts are pretty much perfect and remind me that I love tthat sound when used sparingly. It's why I loving hate Skrillex and love Hecq's Avenger.

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 17, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Twiin posted:

I think it is unlikely! But they might change their mind if they hear that a lot of people want a physical release.

IN OTHER NEWS:

http://coilhouse.net/2012/11/on-misogyny-in-industrial-music/
So the guy who directed the Throat Full of Glass video for Combichrist is called Chad. Why am I not surprised?

Love this article by the way.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Twiin posted:

i should not be allowed to do mashups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT8CdJXZPCA
This is amazing.

Edit: If you haven't listened to Legend by Fearless. Holy poo poo! THIS IS AMAZING!

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 31, 2012

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
New Thyx album status: amazing!

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

What are you retards talking about, this owns
gently caress yes! Let's just go through the FLA checklist:

Silly lyrics: a given.
Slick production: yes!
Sweet melody: yes!
4/4 factor: off the charts!
Leeb shamelessly jumping on a current trend in electronic music: gently caress yes!

Conclusion: OWNS!

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Baby Sathanas posted:

Okay you're right. I'm going to stop being a baby. It owns.
Requesting name change to only Sathanas over here!

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Hopefully it's ok to pimp out a friend's debut album.

The Aesthetics of Failure by The .invalid

If you're in the UK, you might have caught him doing a support slot recently, or seen him as part of Cease2Exist at Resistanz, but he's now released his debut album and (in my biased opinion) it's pretty awesome. There's samples on the link and it's well worth giving them a try, since his sound is kinda hard to describe with aspects of EBM, futurepop and terror EBM all thrown in there.
Hey, I was just about to pimp out your friend's album without being his friend. Read an interview over at Brutal Resonance and listened to his demo and the samples of the new album. Very impressed. Definitely one to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
A few things:

New Covenant is the best since Northern Lights. Very good.

Debut album by Technomancer is fantastic. An Apoptygma Berzerk cover and co-produced by an ex-member of Apoptygma Berzerk. Good news for everyone who weren't thrilled by Apoptygma Berzerk turning into Avril Lavigne.

New Architect is ridiculous. Just so loving good. Can't wait for the painter to be finished so I can listen to it on my new Dali Zensor 7's.