Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Gary Clail and Tackhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Thanks for the info. I don't have Under Gail Succubus so I'll get on that pronto.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

blatman posted:

I think this is the right thread for this but I don't know what genre anything is anymore, i've been binge reading one of the UFO threads while listening to this for like a week and it's pretty rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO3r0nOm3LU

You're in the right place, friendo.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

divabot posted:

hope you got in there quick! Focus is now up, replacing Gigapus++.

Doh!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

thotsky posted:

I don't get why people are down on Tin Omen. It's a Ministry tune in the style of their best work, with probably the best vocals and lyrics Skinny Puppy ever did on top.

It's not one of my favorite Puppy albums, but Tin Omen is a roaring track - I didn't know this was a thing.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Politikil was amazing live, but kind of forgettable on the album. I think their post-reunion stuff seems mixed where everything is clear and defined, but missing "oomph". Its sort of fussy.

Of their post-reunion albums, DaddyuWarbash is my favorite song - it seems to capture the spirit of the old band, at least for me.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Local scene here in 80's LA consisted of legion upon legion of hair metal bands.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Cool beans - seen them all live at one point or another, but its been ages since I dragged my rear end to a show. This may do it for me where the nearby 2023 Cruel World show didn't. (Numan is playing that one as well, plus The Soft Moon).

And I don't know who or what the gently caress vampirefreaks or davey suicide is until I saw the post above. 2nd my eyeroll.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
The only track I like on With Sympathy is "She's Got a Cause".

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Just got home from the show. They still have it, and it was nice to see Ogre out of the makeup and having fun with the crowd during the encores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Kaddish posted:

Man, I totally forgot that I had read that book when it came out - and I remember very little about it.

I remember him summarily, insultingly dismissing bands like manufacture and controlled bleeding like his poo poo didn't stink. I also remember the story of Ogre's skinny, purple-haired, militant-vegan girlfriend that was with him on one leg of a Pigface tour, and how the rest of the musicians dubbed her Skeletor.