Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

SimRonan is also all over this: https://www.facebook.com/SimRonanNotAfraid/videos/262309784472791
15 years later, still hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
SimRonan wasn't done yet, now he came up with a mashup too: https://www.facebook.com/SimRonanNotAfraid/videos/890208467835483
Makes more sense than the Xenturion Prime one :v:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

teethgrinder posted:

Is that the Epsilon Minus guy?
I wasn't around yet at the time but I think so, and I think he was also a goon.

Ms. Happiness posted:

Why does Simronan hate Sweden and love swords?
Because of that drat Swede, Eskil from Covenant, who is doing similar things but better. And well, the real Ronan loves singing about swords, so that part is an accurate simulation!

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
That's amazing

Do you two consort
while he calls your ships to port?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Aw. I'll be seeing Dive in two days at Wavefest here! And Zanias and Agent Side Grinder. Quite curious how the new Agent Side Grinder will be, I haven't paid much attention.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Looks like they're playing with Cold Cave here in March and I have never seen both
I saw Cold Cave here recently and it was surprisingly good. Apparently the guy is known for low-effort live shows but he brought a full band here and put up a good performance.

Prop Wash posted:

Incidentally based on this thread it would seem that Boy Harsher is touring literally the entire world. They'll be coming through my area with Kontravoid in March :toot:
This made me check and apparently we'll get a show too in February. Cool! I saw them here in 2017 too and it was excellent. But apparently now they are getting too hip and the show might sell out before I know if I can make it...

Entropist fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 19, 2018

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

mennoknight posted:

How is there any top anything list that isn't just Laibach 25 times

In the case of ID:YD they usually skip things like Laibach because they try to focus on acts that wouldn't get much press coverage in other outlets / outside the 'scene', as far as I know.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
That Slack is still going! You can mail them (with the subject Telekon) to get an invite.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Oh, I saw a documentary about it some months ago. Not sure if it's the same one but that was quite interesting, though unfortunately they showed almost nothing of the actual performance(s).
And yes, I would recommend the podcast, it's good. They also mentioned there again that they don't write about Laibach and other large groups because other sites do it well, but they do cover them on the podcast.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Heh, cut.rate.box has been one of those bands that have been on my "to get" list for forever since I heard them on internet radio in 2004 or whatever, but I never encountered a way to get their stuff, even in the era of mp3 downloads.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

teethgrinder posted:

Oh sweet, can't wait!

Also, I can't say I've enjoyed Apop this much in 15+ years:

https://pitchblackdrive.bandcamp.com/album/nein-danke-2-track-teaser

Oh, nice! I've been listening to the Welcome to Earth reissue a lot lately and it's still such a good album. This and the new SDG remix album are a good sign for their future direction!

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
And you do have to remember that it was released in the year 2000, which it reflects really well, imo.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Prior as in Age Of The Disposable Body? That was a masterpiece and I'm still listening to it a lot with Brexit still being a big thing and all.
I did like the old aggro Grendel also with their typical thump but I definitely prefer where they've gone since.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

teethgrinder posted:

Nothing against this song but wtf! I tried googling and don't see any reason why this would be THE top m.i.a.b. track on Spotify.

That was off his one "out of character" album and the video for that was a minor Youtube hit at the time IIRC. I remember it making the rounds well outside of the usual scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

teethgrinder posted:

I don't see anything on YouTube that looks big beyond ~200K views ... any idea what it was? Very possible it's gone by now.

Pretty sure it was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoGpLl-SUfk

I guess 200k views was a lot back then and there are various later reuploads of the song without video which probably captured most of the modern youtube-is-my-music-player views. Or it just wasn't that much of a hit, only among the internet nerds I knew :v: