Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
[:SITD:], Frozen Plasma, and Terrorfrequenz are all doing remixes for me in my new single... I makes me miss my old EBM roots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
[:SITD:] did a remix for us...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P9WlivIbCg

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Hedenius posted:

Industrial bands stray into synth-pop territory all the time so I think this is the right thread to post this. The 1987 song At dawn by russian group Alyans (or Alliance).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUBVEKzsZ-k

:rip: Oleg. I've worked with both Oleg and Igor in the past... Two good people

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kamrat posted:

It was quite good, anyone know what the song is about?

Can translate if you want but basically dawn, darkness, sadness...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

boo_radley posted:

and here, hype it up!

Well pissssss, guess I should have been posting my [:SITD:], Frozen Plasma and Grendal collabs lol. Anyways, FP is back on tour... Ask Vasi to work with me more in the future please, tia

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

The Voice of Labor posted:

why are there so many covers of warm leatherette?

Because it's one of the first songs that kicked off both new wave and industrial music???

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got some pretty sweet collaborations with Frozen Plasma and [:SITD:] coming up!! :toot:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

SacrificialGoat posted:

The Sisters of Mercy are touring too this year and it's $150 after fees. They're a bucket list show for me but no way in hell am I paying that. What is up with these bonkers ticket prices?

Freight shipping and other costs has made touring very difficult for bands across the board. Between venues and ticketing services, our margins were already fairly low, but then a lot of venues are starting to increase their fees too, which in turn means bands need to tour at a loss (which many of us do), or try to pass those fees onto the attendee. Most of the bands I know aren't making more money than before, and things are really only increasing because of those passed-on fees. Sucks...we ended up just canceling our stuff rather than face the inevitable "why are things so expensive!" complaints... :negative:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Bayham Badger posted:

industrial is whatever makes people mad if you call it industrial

:hai:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

divabot posted:

Gabi Delgado died in 2020 and Robert Gorl released a new album under the band name Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft in 2021, Nur Noch Einer. I finally got around to writing a Wikipedia article for the album - I'd filled out the list of the other DAF albums in a big burst of editing around 2014.

Here's the Spotify link. I like it, but it's definitely a bookend for people who already like DAF. Delgado's absence is painfully apparent. But I think Gorl hits the DAF sound just right for most of it. It's like decades of DAF on one record without being literally a best-of.

I wouldn't object at all to future records like this, but I'd prefer they were under his own name and not as DAF.

Saw them live a few weeks ago and he just doesn't have the energy that Gabi had

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

divabot posted:

i mean also he's 66, but yeah

was it good as a Robert Gorl show tho?

Yeah, was on par with what he was doing last year too (standing completely motionless with his hands by his side while he spoke into a microphone). I assumed he would have been a bit more comfortable this year in a front man role but :shrug:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kaddish posted:

I've been slowly building up a vinyl collection and also re-remembered Spotify is missing a lot of 242 classics. For vinyl, my sort of rule is one record per band (vinyl is expensive and takes up space)

Trying to decide between Official Version and Tyranny. Leaning Official Version......

Quite Unusual (my favorite 242 track), was missing for years on there and has only recently been made available due to it being on a weird Belgian music compilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Been using loop earplugs both playing and attending shows for years. While they're not as great as fitted ones, I still highly recommend them.