Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

But seriously, if you get the chance, plan a trip to Germany one summer and visit Amphi (for a more contained festival) or Wave Gothik Treffen (for a trillion billion bands scattered across the city for several days). It's pretty insane to see literally tens of thousands of goths and other relevant people dancing to your favorite bands.

This. I went to Wave Gothik Treffen one year and was absoutly blown away. I'm from Colorado, where most acts either don't bother to stop or come mid week. Going to Leipzig and being surrounded by goth culture was surreal.

Friday I'll be seeing Genitortures :woop: with Hanzel und Gretyl/Iconocaust. The Venue is pretty small, but it has pretty good sound. I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
With the De/Vision talk.. maybe one of you can help me.
I swear the beginning of Apocalyptica - I Don't Care sounds like a De/Vision song.. but I cannot find which. Is it maybe a similarity that I'm exaggerating? The first time I heard the song on the radio, I was in shock and awe thinking it WAS De/Vision... until I realized it wasn't them.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I like AFI, Blaqk Audio, AND VNV Nation... So thanks! I never knew about this.
AFI - "Miss Murder" (VNV Nation remix)

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

somethingwicked posted:

I can't get enough of Inkubus Sukkubus covering Spellbound by Siouxsie and the Banshees.

On a serious note, Razed in Black played his Everything's Gone Green cover during the Triton Festival and it was amazing. I actually do enjoy the majority of his covers.

Razed does awesome covers. I love the Disintegration that he does. I wish he'd tour the US again.. Other than Florida that is. Colorado always get's skipped.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm so excited. Icon of Coil will be playing Denver!!! poo poo yea!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
gently caress Yea! I'm going Saturday, not sure if I'll make the Sunday show. $20 a night isn't bad. I wish it was somewhere other than Casslemans though. Not sure if its bad, but I've never been.. I'm so excited!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Apparently there is a new Birthday Massacre. Show's release date of tomorrow.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Oh..drat. I had to run off to work, didn't get a chance to look much. Now I'm disappointed too.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

Going to a festival in Denver looks like a great time.

Saturday & Sunday Aug 13/14th @ Casselmans 2620 Walnut Street Denver CO 80205
Sat, August 13th: $20 advance/$25 DOS (21+) Doors 2PM
ICON OF COIL
Dead Hand Projekt
The Strand
Diverje
Cursed Chimera
Torso
Kontrolled Demolition
Super Stereo

Did you make this? Holy poo poo was it awesome. I was worried Icon's set was going to suck. I didn't like the first song, sounded remixed... But everything else, awesome. They were everything I hopped.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

I did! Saw Dead Hand Project and IoC and loved them both. Having the final encore be Headhunter was fantastic. Did you catch what they said about this show being somebody's wedding present?

Hmm, I didn't. I couldn't understand poo poo when they talked though.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
HAHHA. It looks like a goth highschool senior picture. Um, remind me.. Skinny Puppy is a serious band? HAHAH

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh my loving god, just look who Angelspit are touring with.

Wtf... I don't really understand what I just read. Is there a lot of assumed knowledge to the article? what is 'scene' music? How have there been 3 allegations with out police involvement?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

The Cleaner posted:

I'm assuming it is just BS hype perpetrated by the band to head to the top of a "scene" which is mostly MSI-wannabe mall-goth hellectro hot-topic PAY ATTENTION TO ME MOM emo-dustrial music.

But hey I don't judge.
Looks like it might be short for Scenecore..

A collaboration of several current genres including post-hardcore, metalcore, "crunkcore" and several other various '-cores'.

I still don't quite understand what the gently caress.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I like the She wants revenge version. Apop went downhill as soon as they started to sing about pokemon..

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Got my VNV ticket.. how's Strantanz? I listened a bit, and they just sound really angry.. I'm no longer filled with teenage angst. Are they worth watching?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I just ordered my Rammstein floor ticket! $101 for the loving Denver Coliseum. So pumped though.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

FYI Ronan is wearing a Sonic the Hedgehog cap.

Edit : Jesus that Irish madman can move.

HAHA I was totally there. Awesome show.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

hatelull posted:

I'm seeing this on Wednesday. Flying to loving Denver for it. I'm very happy it is an awesome thing.

I just picked up my tickets for this.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
^^ so true.
Does anyone know what his day job is? At least, I think they still have day jobs outside of music.

VNV always puts on an entertaining show. I find it funny every time when he makes fun of people for just standing with how 'this fat guy' can move on stage.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Does Orgy belong in here? They are touring again! and will be in Denver Feb 22. I'm excited! But looking at the wiki page, looks like there was an infight and the original lineup broke up. Not sure if I care.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm from the US, and I did a trek to Leibzig Germany to go to the Wave Gotik Treffen. It was awesome. I speak lovely high school German, and had no issues getting around. Once I hit Leibzig, it was soo strange. There were ~10,000 people for the festival I heard, and I'd say 90% or more were dressed in goth from lolita -> future and everything between. It was incredible and so surreal. I'd recommend it to anyone that is interested in any of the goth/industrial scene. Currently they only have 40 bands confirmed. But last year had over 130 bands. They seem to be conservative about listing band confermations, I'm guessing they got burned and pissed people off in the past.

I made this a big euro-trip, starting in Amsterdam then going south east to Czech and then back north to Leibzig.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Yea... VNV Nation is one of the bigger selling shows here it seems.

Empires is defiantly a good starting place. FuturePerfect would be my next suggestion.

As for Combichrist, I really prefered Andy's IoC days more. But live is awesome.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

The VNV Nation experience:

Hey! I was there tooo; same side of the stage even. Although your picture looks a little more centered than I was.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
They put on a good show last year. They did a 2 day set. First was Chombichrist, 2nd day was IoC. I thought that was pretty cool. If you can make it, its worth it. I'll probably be at the Denver one.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Furret Basket posted:

Damnit, I haven't touched the internet for days, I reeally want to see this

but it's 404ing for me. :(

Looks like they updated the article, changing the url.
http://www.idieyoudie.com/2012/05/kinetik-update-2012-ad%C2%B7ver%C2%B7sarys-performance/

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
IOC is touring for what its worth. Denver in September!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Twiin, did you drop the Denver show on the 20th? A guy gave me a flyer last night and I think that's what he was saying.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Twiin posted:

I'm not on the Denver date -- my last show is the Ohio one before that. There was some kind of miscommunication on that which led to me being on the initial flyers/promo. There was even one dude who posted on my FB page about how he just bought his plane ticket to Denver to come see me play. :(

Well drat. I was hoping to ask you about stairs and everything.. I'm guessing you don't have another tour/date in mind when you will make it here?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
The Birthday Massacre apparently have a new album out today, Hide and Seek. I've not gotten it yet, but I will. I've been pretty happy with most of their stuff so far.

edit:
Actually, they put some stuff up on SoundCloud

deong fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 9, 2012

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

Anybody ever been to Milk in Denver? What's the vibe like?

Milk is decent. 1 side is dark wave or what ever. 80's, depeche mode, New order etc. The other us like the basement at the church. Future pop, industrial, goth rock.

I've been a few times, never ran into drama. It's the usual 'goth' crowd in Denver. A lot of familiar faces if you hit any of the shows.

Oh yea, and I think Wed night has no cover. I saw something on their Facebook.

deong fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 15, 2012

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

teethgrinder posted:

Just saw Imperative Reaction in Toronto tonight ... and while they were outstanding, best I've seen them (third time), it was so depressing. Like maybe 60 people tops.

Opening, Everything Goes Cold were pretty drat great too.

edit: Also, who is Evan Patterson (the drummer) and why is he a big deal? Google is confusing me further. On YouTube footage he looks like he's 15.

This is what the Denver IR show was like. They tried hard to get the crowd into it.. but we didn't know the words well enough.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
A23 will be in Denver soon, and I wasn't sure if I should go or not. I used to like them a lot, but then just kind of fell out of sync with new stuff that had come out. Defiance was the last album I bought. I had heard that the live show was basically Tom Shear standing still, starting his sequencer and just singing.. Not much of a live show. Was that incorrect, or maybe has his live style changed over the past 6 years?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Well, because of y'all, I just got my ticket to A23. I hope your happy.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm not familiar with Mortiis. Looking at the Wiki discography, um, where should I start? I listened to a few youtube videos and it sounds decent.

Last night I went and saw A23. Pretty good show, he played a good mix of the old and the new songs. I was big into them up through storm, then kind of lost track of anything new that he had put out.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

boo_radley posted:

So, uh, what kind of software would I use to remix two songs together? Assume I'm terrible, my idea is terrible, the source songs are terrible and that nobody would like or listen to the result.

I hope you plan to share this abomination to us here..

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm trapped in a sewer, with a confessed arsonist Brock! Help me!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
um... I think this is the right thread.
:frogsiren:Orgy is touring!:frogsiren:
warning, music auto plays on the site. player at the top left.

They will be touring with a horrible band, vampires everywhere. But I'm excited. I never got to see them back in 2000. I hope they aren't too egotastic to play all of the hit songs. According to Wikipedia, they were going to work with Skrillex..

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

DeusExMachinima posted:

I just discovered the OP and I'm not reading 2,000 posts to find out, but has anyone mentioned Razed in Black? They haven't done too much (or anything) since '03, but they're pretty "authentic."

I love the hell out of Romell Regulacion. He also goes under DJ RiB and Transmutator for house stuff. But like you said, he's basically disappeared from the music scene. I saw him at Black Sheep in Co Springs long ago, and it was the best thing ever. He's a short man, at like 5'4" when wearing platforms.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'll be going to KMFDM tonight. :woop:
I prefer skold era KMFDM the most.. but should still be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Ms. Happiness posted:

So jealous! HAVE FUN!

It was a great show. They played a good mix of popular hits and new songs. Megalomaniac/Drug Against War were pretty crazy. Good mosh pit antics. I tried to crowd surf, but the front rows were not paying attention and I just did a slow grabby decent to the floor while informing everyone how much they suck.