Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Quirk posted:

These versions of these songs are for Doom specifically, but its by my fake band I'm gonna make a thread about soon:

http://youtu.be/xJ46giSZV0I

Wow, this rules. Better than coffee at 7am.

Edit: Wow,even better and better!

This single-handedly made a lovely morning into an awesome one

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Misspelled 'violent' there, unless it was on purpose :v:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Quirk posted:

I started making this album in 2006 and started over 3 times because my sound sucked my songs sucked everything sucked. Years I've studied what NIN and Manson and Chemlab and everybody did to make something unique and successful, studied A&R after I went through the their thing in 05, marketing, every aspect of what other people would be in charge of if this was a label record. I'm creating a caricature of myself, which I had to bite the bullet that I'm an internet elemental. I'm every stupid emo posting facebook ramblings, bitching about exes, self mutilating, spergin wonderfuck that gravitated to sonic the hedgehog. I posted the instrumentals in the games forum along with the lyrics, and the feedback I got was pretty much expected. I want those that hate it to hate each and every aspect of it, because they don't get that I realize how stupid it is, but I just don't care. Since starting writing this thing, I've gone through 5 computers on this version of the album alone, had to put up with an rear end in a top hat engineer for years to learn, became friends with my favorite bands, moved out of AK for the first time ever, I got people waiting to push me into Hot Topic, and Birthday Massacre is down to let me tour with them god drat I have to make sure every little aspect of this is done right if I'm going to make sure it's successful. This will be it, not the start of a career or anything just one album. If I can successfully commercially sell myself then people will look at that as gold portfolio material. Then maybe I can get a normal 9 to 5 job maybe at a marketing company maybe the'll call me back from one of these interviews and maybe I can some semblance of stability :suicide:

As I bow out from the thread now, I'm pimping my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/mdpofficial

This is awesome also. Wait, are you the guy who recommended Birthday Massacre in the 'Best of 2010' thread? Because if so I love you even more.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

deong posted:

Apparently there is a new Birthday Massacre. Show's release date of tomorrow.

Bleh, mostly remixes :(

You got me all excited.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Thanks to whoever recommended Santa Hates You a few pages back, I'm really digging their sound. Plus, that lady :swoon:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Slappy Moose posted:

Aesthetic Perfection - The Great Depression was pretty good though, the overemphasis of lyrics detracted from it but the beats were awesome. Thanks or that one.

That's actually why I loved that song :shobon:

His lyrics are a huge cut above most similar stuff, and his rage comes across as real, not some cheesy shock-shtick.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

spider_ross.avi posted:

Havent listened to the whole album yet, but "Dead Market" is a massive step forward for Myer imo. the music video can be seen here.

Thanks for the link, love it, although the music video was bizarre. EBM set against a backdrop of two guys fixing up a lovely old car :psyduck:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Necessary Response - Tomorrow works amazingly well with T2 as a 'music video'. In fact, this is way better than most official music videos.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Secks posted:

Bat has made almost the entire Xorcist discography available for public download.

So cool. I love Xorcist.

I love when bands do awesome stuff like this, and it's not even ruined by some crappy compression method either. Definitely tossing him some cash.

I haven't listened to them before and I'm really digging the lushness and variety and weird samples, it almost reminds me of an industrial KLF for some reason.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

In other news, Grendel has their own energy drink! :psyduck:

http://www.infrarot.de/grendel/timewave-zero-energy-drink/2011354

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Armor-Piercing posted:

I didn't see anyone else mention it, and I completely forgot about it too, but the new Chiasm album, 11:11, came out a few weeks ago. I haven't really given it a concentrated listen yet, but I've gone through it a couple times and I'm liking it a lot more than her previous work. There's a video for the first track, Petals.

Thanks, this slipped under my radar as well. Isolated was one of my most favorite electro-industrial songs ever, I hope she can bring something equally awesome.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

kangal posted:

It occurs to me I should leave this here:

http://soundcloud.com/daoctopusss

Holy poo poo this rules. I can't find them on Itunes, is this available somewhere else?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

kangal posted:

Apart from a few tracks off the B-13 soundtrack, I've never been able to find Da Octopusss in the US (or anywhere else). They claim they just released a new album, so I'm hoping something turns up soon.

It's out for purchase :)

http://daoctopusss.bandcamp.com/

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

I should have included this in my last post, but I wanted to specifically say that "Weirdos, Outcasts, Geeks, Dreamers and Rebels" often harbor disturbing power fantasies and seek empowerment from fascist, misogynist conventions.

To be honest, I can't support what some bands put in the imagery they present, regardless of whether they claim it's ironic and regardles of whether they mean it. Boyd Rice, for example, comes across to me as a creepy idiot with delusions of intellectualism, who does inappropriate things and claims he was taking the piss if he gets called out.

I went and read and his Wiki, what a total tool. "Gee these people paid to see me, how can I piss them off the most?!" :downs:

quote:

He has also used found sounds, played at a volume just below the threshold of pain, to entice his audiences to endure his high decibel sound experiments.

Rice coupled his aural assaults with psychological torture on audiences in Den Haag, the Netherlands, by shining exceedingly bright lights in their faces that were deliberately placed just out of reach. As their frustration mounted, Rice states that he:

..continued to be friendly to the audience, which made them even madder, because they were so mad and I didn't care! They were shaking their fists at me, and I thought that at any minute there'd be a riot. So I took it as far as I thought I could, and then thanked them and left

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Listening to Da Octopusss right now, and just sounds like lo-fi generic electro to me. I like the gimmick though, and bet it sounds good in a club or live.

I love them for about 15 minutes then my ears need a break. It's actually exhausting somehow, in a way that other industrial bands aren't. Still, I really dig their grinding, dystopian sound and I'd like to hear about other bands that are similar. They are terrifying (in a good way) with a little :420:.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Armor-Piercing posted:

Can I get some recommendations of (good) bands with female vocalists? At the moment I think I've only got The Birthday Massacre and Chiasm, not counting bands with occasional/backup female vocalists like Blutengel. I'm not looking for any particular subgenre at the moment, though I generally favor poppy stuff.

Fake edit: Collide, too. Haven't listened to them in a while.

Santa Hates You has Jinxy, one of the most kickass female vocalists around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqQl2CFdEvw

Edit: How do you look up something with a generic name like Collide on Youtube? All I get is some stupid pop song.

Sloppy fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 21, 2013

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Baby Sathanas posted:

I released a bunch of unfinished poo poo that will never be finished last year that this thread might like the sound of. It's a mixed bag and I didn't even clip the first track properly but there you go.

Been enjoying this, thanks.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I remember not being very impressed with Grendel's Timewave Zero when it came out, but I didn't remember why. I went back today to relisten and see if I could make it click, and it's like...not even EBM, more like 90s house or something :psyduck:

Oh well, back to Harsh Generation.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

DeusExMachinima posted:

Not EBM? I don't like their vocal style and it's definitely on the smoother side than terrordeathmurdercore or whatever the hell. But not EBM?

Yeah, it just sounds like ok generic electronic, none of the darker or more introspective musical elements I associate with Grendel or EBM in general. I'll give it a few more listens and see if it grows on me, though. I didn't like Harsh Generation that much at first either but now it's one of my favorite albums.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

A track from the new Aesthetic Perfection album is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ha-Obl2-g

It's not bad I guess, but it sure is weak compared to what he used to do :(

I think this track of his represented the tipping point where EBM began to dominate the music I listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx4Zw34MOY4

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Diary of Dreams owns and Adrian Hates owns and it seems like his new side project .com/kill owns, too. It's quite a bit more straightforward, aggressive and heavy than Diary of Dreams, but in a very clever way so it doesn't sound like a generic EBM band or anything. I really recommend you guys check it out.

Goddamn Adrian has to be one of the most depressed people ever. This poo poo is just so loving dark :stare:

e: I mean Diary of Dreams is probably one of the bleakest bands ever, but this is just some straight-up worryingly angry poo poo

That's pretty awesome. I was worried when that other post was talking about wobbles, but it seems he used them very sparingly. Everything else loving owns.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

DeusExMachinima posted:

The jerks from E Nomine who toyed with my heart by not releasing anything for years and years have started a new band Schlafes Bruder ("Brother of Sleep"). They released an album in December and did a music video for E Nomine's last unreleased demo. It's... it's a thing.

I've never heard these guys and their music rules, that video is godawful though. So much...sweat and saliva :psyduck:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Quirk posted:

Chumbawamba's Tubthumber album is the only angry industrial pop ska album I can think exists. Are there any other bands that have put out similar to this? I've been listening to it for 16 years now and it never gets old, but I've always wondered if I've missed something.

They are not an industrial band, but all the elements of this album and the tone easily falls under the umbrella of today's definition of the genre. I actually feel it is the embodiment of industrial rock and come to think of it, I've actually listened to this album more than I have most of the essential industrial rock albums of the mid 90s. It is a frustrated semi nihilistic snide sarcastic look a social climate where you're getting hosed by the government, life, whatever, turn to drugs. Let's get drunk.

I'd love to know this also, I love Chumbawamba to death, even if they did go off the deep end toward the end (but who can blame them, they've been doing their thing since the 80s). An industrial cover album of the best Chumbawamba songs would blow my mind.

Always been partial to the Mary, Mary Stigmata remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOxsvx-HVU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Haha, what the christ. Graves will be a pop star within 5 years if he keeps this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOG6KlVErMs

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Quirk posted:

Those are pretty good, I've listened Quake II to death the last decade and a half.

Here is an album I've made called 13a: http://youtu.be/eLvnIc1GMNE I hope some people will like it, I'm working on making a bandcamp and stuff for it.

I always like the stuff you make and post here and this is no exception. Thanks!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

This is gonna get really lovely really quickly. Kind of like "Antibody."

I have to say I agree with what he is saying here, even if his last album was utterly awful. Whatever makes you happy, Mr. Graves :shrug:

The Great Depression was the song that pulled me into this stuff and I'll always love him for that. Maybe when he runs out of money and has to go back to accounting we'll see some raging again.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I'm a bit obsessed with Project Pitchfork's Rain. I've had trouble getting into them before so this was kind of a gateway drug into the whole Black album. Their back catalog is huge, what other songs/albums should I dig into next?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

teethgrinder posted:

I dedicate this to CAT rear end Now!!! https://soundcloud.com/dmyer/s-o-u-l-s

Some people have the PWEI (re-)release in their hands now. Apparently half the tracks are demo quality and half are studio. Reviews all over the place. One song has Clint just shouting "gently caress!" haha. No idea when I'll get to hear it!

Wow, this is loving stellar.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Baby Sathanas posted:

Industrial music makes me feel the opposite of depressed. Anytime I feel down I just put something particularly noisy on, crank it up and I feel super happy again immediately. I feel like I can do anything when I'm listening.

I don't think I'm a particularly depressed or unhappy person either. The genre just affects me at a very fundamental level and makes me feel great, like no other type of music ever has.

Nerd is right though.

Yeah, industrial/EBM always cheers me up. I also really like it when I'm focusing on something nerdy like a building design project for school, I just get zoned out and warm fuzzy inside.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Konstruct posted:

Just finished my first music video since signing on with a label. Let me know what you guys think. I dropped the growly Ogre style vocals and just went with my natural voice. Huge move for me to step out of my comfort shell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXFjzr30Vfk

I like the vocals a lot, the video was a bit repetitive though.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

I'd never heard of these guys until I saw Imperative Reaction posting about them on Facebook, I definitely dig it though. It reminds me of early NIN in some way I can't quite put my finger on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmwNwrXvFzc

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

The new VNV nation is really growing on me. The first listen sounded pretty same-y, but there is a lot of depth there that keeps drawing me back.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Armor-Piercing posted:

I looked back a few pages but didn't see this brand new Aesthetic Perfection video for Big Bad Wolf.

It definitely sounds like it is from the same album as Antibody. It's catchy enough though.

I like to think Graves is some twisted genius who created his first two albums just to set up an elaborate troll of the obscure genre that wronged him as a child.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Yeah, tape is just stupid. Records I can understand, but there was no redeeming value in tapes. None. Half these kids weren't even around to suffer through using the drat things. The day I could afford my first CD player was one of the highlights of middle school.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Are there any good tracks at all? After the last album and Big Bad Wolf I don't think I can stomach a full listen.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Saw this on Facebook, essence captured.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

dmboogie posted:

VNV Nation's Resonance album is out, consisting of... symphonic remixes of previous VNV songs?

I'm a huge VNV fanboy, and even I found it hard to listen to. The orchestration is perfectly nice, but man do Ronan's vocals not work in that environment. Further is one of my favorite songs, period, and its arrangement on the album just completely paled in comparison to the original, or even the Lifeforce cover.

Yeah, I've often thought how much better VNV would be without the vocal tracks, and they go and do the opposite :mad:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Future Days posted:

Laibach - "We will go to Mt. Paektu"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fYbSfDSmU

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

This is awesome

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Been loving Sixth June ever since someone linked it in this thread a long time ago, any other similar bands you guys would recommend?

Sixth June for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Godmachine posted:

Not really industrial but one of my favorites. Check these bands out:
Linea Aspera - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JplpqHkPw
She Past Away - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2x_kHCy4w
Lebanon Hanover - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPw7nlluRdc
Cold Cave - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWyWJr0FlYI

These are all excellent, thank you!