Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Zaiquiri posted:

Has anyone seen the Thrill Kill Kult on their tour or does no one care about them anymore? I missed them when there were here and am wondering if I missed out on anything.

I saw them last time they toured like a year ago. I thought it was pretty good and I intend to see them again this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

My favorite has always been War

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Ugh, I was hoping that the negativity about Kunst was overblown, but damnit, it's awful.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So, new Front Line Assembly album this July. I'm pretty excited. Album cover here http://www.mindphaser.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fla-cover.jpg

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Anyone heard about Primitive Race? So far all we know is "We're an industrial project featuring Chris Vrenna, Luc Van Acker, Raymond Watts, Chris Kniker and more! All will be revealed in good time."

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

FLA was just touring with Haujobb, but they didn't come to the states :(

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I just wonder why the hell people would want merch for a band that hasn't put out any music yet

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Is this really the place for cancerchat?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Echogenetic sounds pretty good. Nothing really stands out after a few listens, but it certainly wasn't a disappointment like IED.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Quirk posted:

Those are pretty good, I've listened Quake II to death the last decade and a half.

Here is an album I've made called 13a: http://youtu.be/eLvnIc1GMNE I hope some people will like it, I'm working on making a bandcamp and stuff for it.

This is some good stuff, can't wait for the bandcamp.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So Hate Dept. put out a new album called New Ghost. It's pretty good.
http://hatedept.bandcamp.com/album/new-ghost-2

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So I saw Velvet Acid Christ last night. I thought with all the serious-rear end music and the corpse paint that he'd be all serious business, but he wasn't at all. The light show was pretty impressive for a 12 dollar ticket.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I don't remember where I heard about Deadliner, but I'm really digging them.

All but their latest album is free here

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I'm totes going to the Maryland show. I was hoping for more old stuff too, but I'll take what I can get.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Okay, so I'm interested in Laibach, what album should I start with?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I started with WAT. Pretty good so far!

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Skinny Puppy was superb

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

hatelull posted:

What encores did you get?

We got Far Too Frail and another which I forgot

Konstruct posted:

Saw them in Charlotte, got a double encore with Assimilate being the final track. It was a fantastic show, although Army's of the Universe sucked something fierce.

Oh god, Army of the Universe's frontman looked like Ben Stiller, but with a wallet chain down to his knees. I like how he kept trying to get the audience to do this weird hand thing, and nobody was having any of it. And then he took off his shirt. Jesus.

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 13, 2014

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

What's with all the Metropolis hate, anyway?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

The Cleaner posted:

Not a popular opinion, but I gotta say I'm over the whole "industrial music video made up of borrowed film clips" thing. And here's why:

I think Skinny Puppy did it as a unique thing 20 years ago with Worlock. Took Ogre days of editing on an old VHS editor (and gawd those things are tricky) and at the time it worked as a cool homage to lesser-known horror and also a statement against censorship that they were up against at the time. Also while bands like Ministry and NIN did use stock footage, they also spliced in their own filmed-scenes to make it their own.

Today I feel it's simply being lazy. Because you can do SOOOO much more in 2014 with just a computer and a local film-graduate willing to work on a budget. Sky is the limit. FX can be done on any modern computer. Actors/actresses are willing to work cheap (Free actually, but I recommend compensating people, always) and even animators will work with most low budgets. You can use online forums/craigslist/internets to pretty much find anyone skilled at doing anything in the visual arts and commission them. Again, your own imagination is the limit. This was a genre made up of alot of very creative and unique videos, and rarely today do I see much original that isn't clips from popular films edited in 20-minutes on a laptop with the bands logo at the beginning.

Fake edit; This isn't a stab at 3teeth or anyone in particular. Just a rant. If anything, I wish many of these new bands would make an original video cause their awesome music deserves something original.

I don't like the idea that "real art" has to be hard. You get the same arguments out of classic/prog rock enthusiasts who poo-pooh electronic music in general.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Just got the new Thrill Kill Kult album. Seems ok, but nothing really jumps out on a first listen.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I feel like just listening to their music is a form of aural rape

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I'm especially fond of this cover

https://soundcloud.com/michaelarthurholloway/magic-dance-david-bowie-cover

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I'm really digging the new Velvet Acid Christ album. It feels like they took Ghost in the Circuit and made a whole album out of it.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Squeeeeee. I don't think there could be a better lineup, and that's what I said even before the VNV change.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Nothing really stood out to me on the new album until I got to hear it live. I think Violet is their best.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Is it just me or were Youth Code tweaking their way through that 20 minute set? I mean it was a decent performance but neither of them could sit still for more than a second.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

vivisectvnv posted:

Feeling unfulfilled...no Assimilate encore at the STL show :(

What's up with his walking boot though?!

We got Smothered Hope which is just as good imho. No idea about the footwear, I assumed he just hurt his foot or something.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I first got into industrial from the soundtrack to The Matrix. That, and some late night show on MTV that showed the music video for Closer uncensored.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

They're pretty active on facebook. I guess it's just taking forever.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

You monster

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Looks like we're finally going to see some material from Primitive Race. Only 3 new songs and a bunch of remixes, though.

http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/product.php?prodnum=MET+981

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Anyone else seeing Covenant at Empire on Friday?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I don't know how it escaped notice, but Primitive Race finally put out an album on the 7th. At first listen it's pretty good.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

So there's a new Haujobb album out, and it's pretty good.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Preview of the new Youth Code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSIJq0MHq8

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Oh man, so good

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/youth-code-commitment-to-complications-interview

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

I'm going to the Youth Code show in Baltimore too, wanna meet up?

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

deong posted:

Out of nowhere, Skold will be playing in Denver 5/10. Did he ever put out more than the 1 self titled album? It looks like he's doing a self tour, but I'm not sure.

He put out one called Anomie a few years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Pig put on a pretty good show last night but honestly I liked En Esch better. It kind of bothered me that Watts needed to read his own lyrics off of a tablet for most of the show.