Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I gotta move across Canada, so I'm selling stuff. Is it kosher for me to post a link to this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500464 ??

If not, uh, Dessau rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

There are people who like PP and don't love Io? I HEAR DA CRYING OF DA WORLD - AND I JOIN IN

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

spider_ross.avi posted:

Circle Of Dust.

KLANK

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

hatelull posted:

That one even had some "cred" with Thirwell on a track.

I'll defend that Argyle Park record - it was great. I also got like $75 for a 2nd copy of the cd I had kicking around.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

teethgrinder posted:

Ugh worst venue in Toronto. Especially in February. (It's a pain in the rear end to get to.)

Honestly it's almost enough for me to not want to go.

Thanks for solidifying my decision to go to Montreal from Ottawa instead of Toronto.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Puntification posted:

For around a week at the end of July/beginning of August I will be in Vancouver for a conference, since the city spawned some of my favourite bands it seems a pity not to see if there's anything happening at the time, do any of the Canadian goons know of industrial-type things worth doing or resources I could use to find out for myself? TIA.

https://www.gothic.bc.ca used to be very active, not sure now.
https://www.facebook.com/GothicBC might be the new incarnation. I lived in Vancouver for years and sure, bands come from there, but the scene is a wasteland.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

https://www.songkick.com/events/211...-tickets-button

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nineteen year old me just splooged RAM chips

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

The only correct answer (other than Corps D'Amour) is Io.

AJAM LIVES IN THE STEPPE

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

hatelull posted:

Totally not wanting to start a derail, but I think "More and Faster" showed up on UAIOE and that song is also arguably a KFMDM song about KMFDM.

"we abominate music we're hear for cash"

"Arguably?" They name check themselves, so it's definitely about the band. It is also the best KMFDM song about KMFDM. White and trashy and incredibly dumb.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Attak being someone's teenage nostalgia makes me feel older than En Esch. Just gonna crank Cum and be like, oooooooh that's good

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

The only KMFDM I'll listen to is DJ Me's KMFDM Songs That Don't Suck Volumes 1-2 Curated by DJ Me. Their bad songs are so bad.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

david_a posted:

Could be. From reading Wikipedia it seemed like Sascha always did most of the work, though. He claims to have written all the songs on NIHIL. From what I know En Esch and him had fairly dissimilar styles, so maybe the constant arguing helped tone him down :)

From taking a good look at their discography just now I'm actually surprised that the original NAIVE came before MONEY. I had the Hell To Go version and I assumed they had to churn that one out fairly quickly, not four years later. MONEY always sounded a bit... off to me. Probably due to the second half being pure filler after the record label rejected En Esch's contributions. NAIVE is on my mind since I happened to find the original last weekend at a library sale of all places for $1.

back in the old days, when the original Naive was out of print due to the Carmina Burana lawsuit, I used to scour used shops across BC looking for it. I once traded it on usenet r.m.i. for: Freeze Frame Reality, some lovely Chemlab cd, and $40. Once, I got $120. People mailed me cheques like we were cavemen.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

This makes me unhappy.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

PLEASE send the fake fat bill leeb PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

http://www.cafepress.ca/cp/customize/product2.aspx?from=CustomDesigner&number=1427368441

everyone buy this who is going to the concert and wear it to the concert and yell "YOU'RE OLD"

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

"Murder's coherent, volatile spleen."

Alliance of Sound or whatever it's called was going to be my favourite band when I was 15 (Puppy), 18 (haujobb) and say, 20-25 (vnv). Now it's those first two and guys who are 60 that we used to drive around and play fake air guitar to.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

Is anybody going to the Skinny Puppy tour location in Montreal?

Yes. Me and my buddies from high school.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

THREE DAYS UNTIL CHICKEN PECKIN IN MONTREAL

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

So the concert in Montreal was pretty good. Youth Code loving destroyed the opening set. I hadn't realized haujobb would get a crowd going like that, which was awesome. FLA managed to get a pit going, though Jeremy shouted over Bill a lot. I unfortunately was too far from the stage when SP came on to make heads or tails of what was happening. Also I met up with twiin.

Haujobb was great. FLA was embarrassing. Bill looked winded after bunny hopping for five songs. I thought he was going to fall asleep on his tom drum. Puppy...well, i have been waiting 20 years to see them, and it didn't dissapoint. Great, great show. Assimilate in the encore slayed me, and Dogshit was a nice treat.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

They're probably just getting old. It seems like once bands hit a certain age their setlists get very predictable, 1-2 songs off the new album and the rest mostly greatest hits, with very little variation from night to night.

Leeb is definitely getting old. It doesn't help that FLA just isn't that plum good.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

I have a hard time being nostalgic for Stabbing Westward given the persistent rumors I've heard about the lead singer since then.

I have a hard time being nostalgic for them because they were and still are terrible

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

BigPoot posted:

Rabies is a polarizing album but Al Jourgensen's presence makes it one of the most "metal" they did. I loved it, then hated it, and now I love it again.

It's an ok album with some great goddamn songs on it.

Too Dark Park might be their best, but isn't where I'd recommend starting. Simeone said Vivisect, another solid choice, but Remission is where it is 100% at to start.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Hedenius posted:

Laibach coming to Stockholm in march. gently caress yes!

Looks like I'm driving to Toronto in May. Yeeeeessssssss

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

UAIOE mostly is the best

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I used to exclusively wear a pale yellow tank top that said golden boy on one side and "KMFDN" on the other side and let me tell you I got laid so much

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Hm. I thought he was a real family man

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

The re work of Renascence on the first anthology is a crime against humanity.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

PinkoBastard posted:

I had never really listened to much by Project Pitchfork, but I just randomly listened to Alpha Omega and really enjoyed it! Which album should I check out next?

Io, Io, then Io.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Future Days posted:

Time for another WaxTrax retrospectacle kind of thing, I guess?

Well, that just confirmed my attendance. I saw KMFDM on the XTORT tour with Ray opening, and he joined them, and it was fantastic. En Esch is a force.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

PinkoBastard posted:

Civilization is great. Really to me, I'd say my least favourite albums by FLA are Millennium and FLAvour of the Weak. I'd really like to see them some time, looks like they put on a pretty energetic show. I really liked Ethnogenetic, as well.

Millennium is Leeb's greatest creation. How can anyone dislike Victim of a Criminal?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

magiccarpet posted:

I saw Editors open for Hot Hot Heat.
I am old.

Ditto. I still wear my United States of Mind tour shirt too from when i saw covenant with and one in like...,99? Christ.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Zauberschloss fuckin rules

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

NonzeroCircle posted:

Because I'm super behind the times I've only just discovered FLA's Millennium album and now I cant stop playing it. I'm a sucker for judicious use of Pantera samples.

some might call you...the Victim of a Criminal.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I'm at vnv nation tonight in montreal. 18 years after i saw then in la. I've peed 4 times already. This is the vnv report.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

teethgrinder posted:

I'm still on a post-concert high from seeing them last night ... impossible to be in a bad mood after.

Assemblage 23 in two days!

It was great. I would've liked to hear Solitary and I'm fuckin sore and old.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

teethgrinder posted:

Heh. People kept showing for Honour ... Ronan said we should be happy we got Joy.

My white-whale of a live song is Monochrome by Covenant. Four times and no luck.

We got honour, and i've seen Solitary/Joy three other times. No If I Was either, which surprised me given how hard they leaned on the last half of the catalog.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I was ready to post that there was no way it was better than Sequencer without even listening to it. But I tell you what....its close. Legitimately surprised after that last album, which I downright disliked.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Also,q that Lee Hazlewood cover is fantastic. I made myself a playlist with In Theory right after it...it seems to work.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

After two days of non-stop listening, I hereby declare The Blinding Dark the best album Covenant has ever released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I remember trolling him (VAC) mercilessly on irc circa 1998. He was a real stinker then and i bet he still is.