Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Whoops I started book 3 before book 2, should I rectify this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The BBs were the scraps of whatever armies conquered the 7 cities sent on a mission to kill mages, this was after Kel was already emperor but I don't know the specific year

I feel Wiskeyjack and Dujek were hollow mary sue characters for the grunts to progress to over the course of the series i.e. omg WJ was killed but he was also as good of a swordsman as traveler

I haven't read the supplemental books, recall, or gotten far enough for WJ/Dujek's actual origin, if it exists.

/e- I guess you get some of WJ's origin with his sister but I cannot recall details off the top of my head, or if I'm confusing with QB

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

some spoiler tags would be nice with the supplemental books.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

IIRC it had to do with the tellan (or w/e) warren which makes no since since tool isn't a bonecaster

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

He wasn't bound the the gathering though iirc.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Finished the main series and after a malazan break I'll be going into the other ones. What's everyone's rec to start. I know crimson guard is generally frowned upon.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Are the stormchasers or w/e fleshed out in any supplementary novels yet?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I think there's a difference between the warlocks and coltain. The latter is just more of a BA close to ascendancy and who knows if there'd been any previous lives. The 'locks use anything i.e. the butterflies and have probably lived for a long rear end time.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Written by TCG so it's a wonder why the first few books portray him so

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I didn't realize the redeemer and him were the same until they mentioned the imas

Wasn't a big fan of that arc

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Rake was his first d&d character right?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That would be fun to see how bad your notes are on a reread

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

:capitalism:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I thought the major army just got magic balled very early in the campaign

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm going through the Malazan empire books on audio and I frankly have absolutely no idea what is going in return of the crimson guard except it's boring.

I think this is the low point but man it's low

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I keep expecting to see that I'm accidentally on the third book because of how short night of knives was. The whole "this was a single night" in the forward threw me, sure seemed like flashback and current.

I'm at chapter 17 of 27. I've been dreading looking at how much is left, but at least I might be able to figure out what's gonna happen before things might happen.

Probably not. Skinner is bad, traveler walks in a straight line, and there are others I guess. Although perhaps anything Malazan I should read before listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

my impression was that he just attempted to co-op the name.