Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm sorry if this was covered elsewhere in the thread, but I couldn't find anything on this:

I'm buying the Kindle editions from Amazon.com - this is great because I only read Gardens two years ago and stalled, but the Kindle makes it easy to pick up the next book.

There are two editions listed for most of them: The Tor Edition, and the Transworld (Bantam) editions. They vary a lot in size and page count.

Tor edition of MoI: http://www.amazon.com/Memories-Ice-Malazan-Fallen-ebook/dp/B004JXVYO0/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1328992608&sr=8-1 Listed at 945 pages.

Transworld edition: http://www.amazon.com/Memories-Malazan-Book-Fallen-ebook/dp/B0031RS696/ref=tmm_kin_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1328992608&sr=8-1 Listed at 1204 pages.

Why the massive difference in page count, or is that mistaken? Are there other practical differences?

The paperback I bought for Gardens uses the Bantam/Transworld cover instead of the old goofy Tor cover, even though it's published by Tor, so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

If you click on the "Kindle Edition" link in the first of those two, you're taken to the second one, so I think it's basically the same?

I clicked both links and got different ones. First is the Tor edition at $9.99, second is Transworld at $7.54. Different covers and all. Dunno why you're getting the same for both.