Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Delizin posted:

I haven't had to do any of the TDRL stuff, but as far as submitting evidence, you should get a copy of all of your records from the VA then go through them to find the ones that you think best support your claim and turn them in. Of course the VA already has access to all of these records, but by submitting these ones separately it helps ensure that they look at these in a little bit more depth than they might have otherwise. You can also have letters from family, friends, coworkers, etc. that support your claim if it is something that can be observed by non-medical personnel or if it helps put together a picture of how your disability affects your life.

From how I understand the TDRL re-evaluations work is that they will be looking for evidence and medical opinions that your condition has stabilized so they can assign a permanent rating. If they think you are doing better and it is likely to stay that way they can remove you from TDRL and even return you to active duty to finish your contract. If your condition is still unstable they will probably continue your TDRL until it stabilizes.

For this exam, you probably won't be seeing your usual provider. Instead I think that you it will be sent to another doctor similar to a C&P. What this doctor includes in their report will strongly influence what happens to you.

I'll tell you what my DAV rep told me about these exams: Make sure that you don't play it tough with these guys, tell them exactly how everything is on your worst day.

Edit: Also I remember some people on pebforum.com (great resource btw) talking about having to do their TDRL interviews for mental health over the phone, so that might be the case too.

The thing is, I dont think this is a TDRL thing, I dont see it anywhere on there. Just says "what has been done" and below that " PTSD order for review exam" or something like that, I checked my ebenefits and see an appointment order is in, but nothing scheduled yet. My worry is did I do something wrong? Or did I just get selected? poo poo is odd man especially with how im at odds with my provider and prolly waiting for a new one. We just arent making progress at all with quality of life. And on top of it all I get a letter from them saying that "hey maybe things are better" lol, jesus christ

I read online that they cant lower my disability pay without a chance to appeal or whatever, Ill just go in and be polite and honest. All I can do.

I remember an appointment that sounds similar to this one, was at the VA hospital when I was AD still, guy just recorded exactly what I said and when it was re read to me I was so embarrassed but it was the truth.

It just really sucks having to explain myself again to another new person

all apologies fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
It probably has nothing to do with anything you have done. If you were put on TDRL then by regulation they are supposed to pull in you for exams regularly to re-evaluate your condition.

Here are some of the applicable regs that I pulled from pebforum:

38 CFR VASRD §4.129 Mental disorders due to traumatic stress (if applicable to your particular situation), it states:

"When a mental disorder that develops in service as a result of a highly stressful event is severe enough to bring about the veteran's release from active military service, the rating agency shall assign an evaluation of not less than 50 percent and schedule an examination within the six month period following the veteran's discharge to determine whether a change in evaluation is warranted."

As such, in accordance with DTM-015, December 19, 2011 Change 3, August 8, 2013, Attachment 5, TDRL Procedures, 2. RE-EXAMINATION AND RE-RATING OF TDRL MEMBERS, it states:

a. Initiating the TDRL Re-Evaluation Process. No later than 16 months after temporarily retiring a Service member for disability or after the Service member’s previous re-evaluation, the Military Department will use DoD medical treatment documentation and VA corporate databases, including VISTA, VETSNET, CAPRI, SHARE, Virtual VA, or follow-on systems, or veteran-provided medical records to obtain available medical treatment and disability examination documentation. The Military Department PEB will review the available medical evidence to determine if the documentation is sufficient to conduct the TDRL re-evaluation of all diagnoses present during the period of TDRL evaluation without the requirement for additional physical examination of the Service member.
b. Conduct of Disability Re-Examinations. VA will schedule and conduct future examinations in accordance with part 3 of Reference (h) for Service members placed on TDRL via the IDES process if the D-RAS has established a need for a future examination. The Military Department concerned will use VA’s VISTA, VETSNET, Virtual VA, and SHARE applications to determine if VA cancelled (or rescheduled to a later date) a future examination for a serviceconnected disability. If VA cancels a future examination, VA will not schedule additional future examinations and will not prepare additional rating decisions. The Military Department concerned will obtain a copy of the most current rating and medical evidence upon which the most current rating was based using the VISTA, VETSNET, Virtual VA, and SHARE applications. If the existing medical treatment documentation and examination reports are not sufficient for the Military Department concerned to conduct the re-evaluation process, the Military Department concerned will comply with their responsibilities in chapter 61 of Reference (j) regarding the TDRL, to include performing TDRL examinations and ratings when necessary.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Yeah my mom said when I got out I mentioned something about 6 months. Ill take a deep breath and just go tell them the truth about how I feel and ill bring my wife and let her explain poo poo too. It sucks getting this in the mail becuase it puts you on the defensive and just makes my anxiety shoot through the roof...I hate exposing myself to new people, especially someone I know who is just plain out there to judge.

I read online that if they decide to lower it that I can appeal and get a hearing. I know for loving sure nothing has gotten better and these fucks know it, im there every week spilling my heart out loving wasting time and waiting on waiting lists man.

Thank you for the help. Everything should be okay I guess.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. I got told to expect one at 5 years, but potentially some randoms along the way.

Apparently the main thing that they are looking for is a) you keep up with your meds, and b) you keep up with treatment and appointments. Unless the doc has stamped your files with "miraculous recovery", this shouldn't really do a drat thing, unless your condition is stable then they might put you on the permanent list early.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Anyone have any experience with requesting this "c-file" or "claims file" I am reading about everywhere? I am finding about 10 ways to do it. and Well I wanna get it right if I need to be digging up evidence and poo poo all over again. Do I need to provide any kind of older proof? I mean all of my care has been at the VA so when this exam comes I should just talk to them and they will see my care and appointments and poo poo when they decide to change my stuff or not right?

I just dont want to get hosed man this is not a good time for this poo poo to happen lol

all apologies fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 16, 2015

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Finally got a letter about my claim i filed in july...apologizing for the delay

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Please reference new thread for veterans issues/benefits:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750680

v/r
Nostalgia4Infinity

• Locked thread