Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I bought a travel trailer in cash last may and I am wondering if I can claim it as an itemized deduction. There's no loan on it. It has sleeping, kitchen, and restroom facilities. Is it just interest from the loan that can be claimed or is it taxes too?

Tenchrono fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Something that I have been curious for awhile:

If a youtuber buys a car and uses it solely for traveling to / from filming places, etc, are the expenses/ the car able to be written off on the persons personal taxes if it was bought using income from another job?

For example, say I buy a car to use as transportation for my ultra hipster coffee review channel using my personal money. I fully intend to make my bean water reviews my full time job but my mom is my only subscriber and I need to source funds from my other job, can I write off the costs of the car and the expenses required to use the car from my personal taxes or only the income that comes from my hipster bean water reviews?

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

sullat posted:

That sounds more like a hobby to me.

Thats what I was thinking, got bored on the plane and figured I'd just post.