Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«741 »
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

This Red Text Is Brought To You By The Fact That Paul Stastny Had To Go To FUCKING WINNIPEG To Get A Shot At A Stanley Cup.

P.S. Missouri is full of nothing but meth and so am I.

Fun Shoe

something something soccer game, jumped wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

All the mean things sellouts says finally took their toll.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

Gains Goblin

xzzy posted:

So that's why my knees have been hurting me lately.

Get well soon bewbies!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

xzzy posted:

For the record Iím never mean to him

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88T3ZHbvDM#t=43s

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

xzzy posted:

sellouts posted:

For the record Iím never mean to him

bewbies is the only user on this forum sellouts actually respects

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

"The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world, is to be in reality what we would appear to be; and if we observe, we shall find, that all human virtues increase and strengthen themselves by the practice of BORK BORK BORK." - Socrates

Hockles posted:

bewbies is the only user on this forum sellouts actually respects

This includes sellouts himself.

eXXon
Aug 19, 2002

Rollerblading is harder than skating. gently caress slight inclines.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

eXXon posted:

Rollerblading is harder than skating. gently caress slight inclines.

Some muthafuckers always trying to skate uphill

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

Sounds like a quality hamstring+glutes workout to me.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

First week playing after breaking my hand 3 months ago.

First game on monday was rough and I had to find my edges again. My game last night was much better and I felt closer to my usual self. Also, my flexibility went from average 33 year old to average 73 year old. My back got so incredibly stiff that I've started considering yoga. I've never been very flexible but it seems like its gotten tighter and I want to avoid injuring it at all costs.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

Just got back from the doctor and it turns out it's not my groin, but my hip flexor that's strained. I got a referral for physical therapy.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Thufir posted:

e: Injurychat - I hosed my wrist up 2 weeks ago in my last game and it is still kinda hosed but it's my lower hand so I think I'll play tonight and see how it goes.

If we're injury updating, my wrist has been jacked up for 2 months. Finally got an MRI the other day. Radiology report was:
"1. Obliquely oriented mildly displaced tear through the substance of
the triangular fibrocartilage.
2. Contusion in the volar aspect of the lunate bone with no
associated fracture.
3. Resolving volar and dorsal capsular sprain."

Going back to the ortho next week so I guess I'll find out what all that means. Played like 4 games with the wrist messed up. Can't shoot at at all but I somehow managed to score more goals than the rest of the year combined (2).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

Does a bruised ego count as an injury?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Does a bruised ego count as an injury?

I think that's just below cirrhosis.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Now I am super curious what this dude did.

"Some dude on the Nashville open hockey facebook group" posted:

I am writing this piece as a genuine public service announcement to all those who play amateur hockey at our current rinks in Nashville, TN. I do this in hopes that what has happened to me does not happen to any of you.

I have been "permanently banned for life" from playing in all leagues of the Nashville Predators Amateur Hockey Association (NPAHA) which in includes all leagues at the Ford Ice Center, all the leagues to be created at the upcoming Bellevue Center and all leagues at any future centers that will be managed by the NPAHA. I have also spoke in depth with the Centennial Sportsplex administration on their position.

The issue is "Player Contact With A Referee"

Both Centers will "ban for life" any player that makes contact with a Referee that they deem to be unacceptable, regardless of the degree of that contact, and, if they deem appropriate, file assault charges against the player.

They will not, and do not take into account:

1. that the player simply had a "bad moment"
2. the past hockey history of the player, i.e. no prior history of any penalties.
3. any mitigating circumstances that contributed to the "bad moment".

The Appeal process is just a "procedural" formality.

The Administrations' verdict is final and non-negotiable.

It is my hope that those of you who read this will "ingrain it" into your memory and consciously review it to yourself prior to stepping on to the ice for each game you are about to play to save yourself from experiencing the same fate as me. I also ask that you "spread this word" to those who are not members of this facebook cite so they too will not experience this fate as me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

Based on people's general unwillingness to admit any fault, the use of "bad moment" probably means he tried to murder the ref with a skate blade.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

Gains Goblin

So he ran a ref?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Thufir posted:

Now I am super curious what this dude did.

I mean, he's not trying to defend himself at all here. It seems he's accepted responsibility for the thing he did and understands that he deserves a lifetime ban.

So I'm guessing he picked up the ref, threw him to the ice, and impaled his helmet with an over-the-head tomahawk.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

This Red Text Is Brought To You By The Fact That Paul Stastny Had To Go To FUCKING WINNIPEG To Get A Shot At A Stanley Cup.

P.S. Missouri is full of nothing but meth and so am I.

Fun Shoe

some years ago a local former minor league goon that skated with us at our contract ice literally attacked our ref. they had a good donnybrook and that was that, he took a break, apologized, and life went on

of note: i won a fight with said goon. i think, anyway

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

Making friends in the NHL thread I see.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Looks like the dude is a goalie in his late 60s which just makes me more curious.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

We won 11-6 last night (50 shots to 26) in our final seeding game to determine where we'll be playing this season. I'm petty sure/hoping we're getting locked into div 4 because thats where we want to be. Our league put us against div 5 teams for seeding seeing as we're a newly built team and they had no idea where we should be. I felt bad for running the score up so high but it was a seeding game where we were knowingly playing a lower level team and winning helps us go up to where we need to be. They still scored 6 goals in 25 shots which would win most games. We controlled the puck better down low, pucks just kept going in, and we had three lines so they ran out of gas after the 2nd period.

My forward line had 16 points Things were just clicking. I ended up with a goal and 5 assists. Pretty sure thats the highest point game I've ever had and I'm happy that it was mostly assists. With this new team, everyone is roughly around the same skill level so its just weird having so much support and seeing people be where they need to be. I love it.

We went onto a PP. Our LW grabbed the puck in the corner, cut hard and came back up the boards. Both of our D men were covered pretty tight. Both opposing defensemen were focused on our center screening their goalie.

That left me (RW) wide open with no coverage in the slot.

I floated off the right boards around the top of the slot/right faceoff circle. The pass came and I ripped a one-timer slapshot through the screen between the goalies' shoulder and his ear, bar down and in. It was easily one of the nicest goals I've ever scored in my life. To see the pass come, rip the shot, see it go laser straight without fluttering or arching, then hear the ping and the whistle. It felt so good.

Looking forward to playing higher skilled teams. This team is so much fun to play with, everyone seems to be having more fun and I enjoy playing hockey once again. Should have quit my old team sooner.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

Nothing like a session of physical therapy to alert me to the fact that my balance, core strength, and hip strength are all actually poo poo.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Nothing like a session of physical therapy to alert me to the fact that my balance, core strength, and hip strength are all actually poo poo.

You can go to PT for literally any reason and they'll say "yeah you gotta do some core work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You can go to PT for literally any reason and they'll say "yeah you gotta do some core work"

Turns out having a strong core alleviates a lot of other physical health issues!

«741 »