Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Why don’t they run draft leagues of the people who want to play and make the league however many teams the can comfortably fill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah, the Florida part is the least surprising part of the story. But I won’t be shocked to see the same stuff happening elsewhere. I know some people in this thread think they’re totally safe by playing “private ice,” but it only takes one person. And at this point, I’m not willing to take that risk. If you are, keep on truckin I guess, and I wish you good luck.

I decided to play again because in my province of 5 million we're getting around 100-150 new cases a day. This is with school reopening.

Covid has shut down a ton of my social life so I view hockey as my one "risk activity" right now. My social bubble is very small, in no small part due to two of my closest friends having anxiety and they don't seem to want to see anyone right now for the most part.

So I'm trying to balance my mental health with the looming threat of Covid is all. You can bet if I was in Florida or some poo poo I wouldn't be playing though. Or anywhere in the US. It's loving astronomical how poorly the Trump administration has handled this.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

As much as they want you to, you don’t have to justify your choices to anyone here.

Have fun. I am extremely jealous.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

The only hockey I'm getting is loading up nhl.tv playing an old game and working out for an entire NHL period.

thanks for reading my blog

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

doctor 7 posted:

I decided to play again because in my province of 5 million we're getting around 100-150 new cases a day. This is with school reopening.

Covid has shut down a ton of my social life so I view hockey as my one "risk activity" right now. My social bubble is very small, in no small part due to two of my closest friends having anxiety and they don't seem to want to see anyone right now for the most part.

So I'm trying to balance my mental health with the looming threat of Covid is all. You can bet if I was in Florida or some poo poo I wouldn't be playing though. Or anywhere in the US. It's loving astronomical how poorly the Trump administration has handled this.

I mean that seems safe enough so long as there's adequate contract tracing and all going on. I'd totally be back playing if my state had that positivity rate per population.

But lol I live in South Carolina and we are a literal plague state.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

Fun Shoe

I haven't been playing and I miss it a lot but I just can't justify the risk. Once there's a (viable) vaccine and/or it dies down enough I'll be back at it though.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

The rink in San Francisco has started doing masked, 7-per-side scrimmages. No locker rooms but you can change in the lobby. I'm not that desperate yet.

I strapped on rollerblades for the first time in my life last week and it was brutal. Not like skating at all. Not sure how people do both tbh.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Someone on my rink with a confirmed case. They shut down all leagues......... for one week.

They last played on Sunday (my wife’s night) and Monday (my night). Yeesh.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 18, 2020

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Last night my team was talking about how different rinks aren’t being careful and how the season would be cancelled any day now. One of them coaches his kids team and was saying it was weird that the rink they played at let them use the locker room, and that he even had to kick a kid out of the locker room for not wearing their mask.

Then some other dude said we only had two more weeks of wearing masks while playing until the hoax was ended with the election. I think I need to play further away from New Hampshire.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

there's a guy i like playing with despite his terrible facebook politics, but we sure as hell didn't invite him out this year since he's been posting plandemic nonsense.

they opened up the dressing rooms at our rink but pretty much only the goalies use them in my group.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Crosspost: Hockey season 2020

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Mad Max On Ice looking pretty good

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends

Plaster Town Cop

What burns, never returns

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lmao just the-read the email from our HD

quote:

We are not certain that playing hockey with or against a player who has COVID-19 is considered “close contact”, but to be safe, we are shutting down all adult games for a minimum of one week.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Holyyyyyyy poo poo, that is denial of the highest order. Have it engraved on something you can pass down through the generations.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

It's a no check league you see. Can't have close contact if you can't check.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

In 2020 I am not backchecking to stop the spread of disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Would screaming "COVID" as you shoot the puck increase the odds of it going in the net?