Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I'm just getting started in playing ice hockey, and the OP is great for someone like me.
I used to play inline a long time ago, and am just starting to a) learn how to skate and b) really play hockey. Only been to a few sticks and pucks and am now going to my second drop-in with a friend of mine (two hours for $8 ain't bad). So far, it's been tough to get ice time without subjecting myself to potentially running over or otherwise maiming little children.

I'm in the Detroit area (Novi, specifically), and I know there must be a ton of options for hockey. Is there a website (like the one just posted for Minneapolis) that has a list of drop-in and other opportunities to play? Or any goons who are in the area, too? I'm starting to get the itch to skate and/or play more than once a week. I'm ideally looking for something beginner-level, as I'm starting from scratch in learning how to maneuver myself on skates.

And I'm considering doing some drop-in inline to help myself learn to stick handle, as it's cheap and very close to me. Anyone either do this or have opinions on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU