Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Just scheduled an appointment in March to have a portrait of Matt Pike tattooed on me. Will report back. Post your favorite Pike pics so I can choose which photo to use as a reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Kvlt! posted:

Just scheduled an appointment in March to have a portrait of Matt Pike tattooed on me. Will report back. Post your favorite Pike pics so I can choose which photo to use as a reference.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Kvlt! posted:

Man, this is harder than you'd think. I can't find a photo with just the right amount of sweaty and the right amount of doughy for the full Matt Pike experience.

I hope your artist will be able to capture those essential qualities.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Elissimpark posted:

Man, this is harder than you'd think. I can't find a photo with just the right amount of sweaty and the right amount of doughy for the full Matt Pike experience.

I hope your artist will be able to capture those essential qualities.

He's done 5 musician portraits on me so far so if anyone can do it, it's him!

All these pics are great lmao im lucky I have some time to choose

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If it were me I’d definitely have to go with the Saganesque version, I love that photo

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

This immediately came to mind and gets my vote.

Coincidentally this is the photo I got signed from his patron last year.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Snowy posted:

If it were me I’d definitely have to go with the Saganesque version, I love that photo

That is a good pic, but Pike with a shirt just seems 'wrong'.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Robert Facepalmer posted:

That is a good pic, but Pike with a shirt just seems 'wrong'.

True, it just seems like it would lend itself well to a tattoo design

I’d also accept a chubby shirtless tattooed Matt done by Dani Queipo

https://i.imgur.com/ZThCDLF.jpg

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://youtu.be/JLD10JcsXuY

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I wonder if Wata uses the brand name Hizumitas now or just her original big muff it was based off of

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
High on Fire was one of my favorite shows of the past decade.

Snagged one of these guys after the show.

I wish I would have grabbed this tee at the time, which is amazing.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I too wish I got that shirt on that tour :(

Sometimes they do short runs of it though.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Illuminado posted:

Richard Pryor would have worn the hell out of that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Illuminado posted:

High on Fire was one of my favorite shows of the past decade.

Snagged one of these guys after the show.

I saw this on a guy at a Melvins/Napalm Death/Melt-Banana show and initially thought it was a clever bootleg, but he informed me otherwise. I also regret not buying it as HOF's website says its sold out.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

titty one titty two

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

https://www.rezn.band/shows

REZN just announced a west coast tour.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The new Big Scenic Nowhere album is out. I listened to it while falling asleep last night. It’s less overly desert rock, bit more proggy. Still sounded pretty good.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

trem_two posted:

The new Big Scenic Nowhere album is out. I listened to it while falling asleep last night. It’s less overly desert rock, bit more proggy. Still sounded pretty good.

It’s so good. Tony Reed is just a fuckin solid vocalist. And I love just about everything that Gary Arce touches. I’m a big ol hoor for some spacey riffs though. Per Wiberg’s synth stuff is a nice touch, really ties the mood together.

Heres a link to it so as not to gently caress the bandwidth of this page.

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
The last Funeral album is pretty eeeeeehhhhh

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Here's some good blackened funeral doom instead

https://youtu.be/Fh85oMR0WEE

abske_fides
Apr 20, 2010
I was just listening to some Nortt the other day. Complete blast from the past. Is he even active anymore?

soundsection
May 10, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Whose got some good drone metal recs? I've exhausted Sunn O)))/Earth/Boris and all the other usual suspects' catalogues and need more

some lesser known albums (maybe)

Like Drone Razors Through Flesh Sphere - DRONEREXIA
Fall of the Grey Winged One - Aeons of Dreams
I Corax - The Cadaver Pulse I: Sealed In A Radiant Larval Maelstrom
Les Joyeaux de la Princesse - Douce France
Omahara - s/t
CZLT - Junkyard

and if you are into less metal oriented drone

Rafael Anton Irisarri - Solstalgia
Loscil - Equivalents
CHVE - Rasa

you probs know these guys but im posting it anyway because im obsessed with this band

Neptunian Maximalism - Solar Drone Ceremony

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yo, i made a web toy for the rap and r&b RSF, but i figured it could work for this forum too so i decided to get this thread on there
it basically makes a "playlist" out of all the videos posted in a thread

here's the playlist for this thread, it hasn't COMPLETELY finished scraping the thread at the moment, so while you can listen to it still, it won't have every song in the thread just yet
each page of a thread takes (on average) up to 10 seconds to scrape so you can imagine this one's taking a little while lmao

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

didnt see it when i skimmed the thread so uhhh this album is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-MYe0SL9Q

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

hbag posted:

didnt see it when i skimmed the thread so uhhh this album is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-MYe0SL9Q

I want a reunion of the band playing the songs like that

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
At the very least everyone should listen to Walk Like an Egyptian from that album, it's a doom classic.

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Yob’s got four days at st Vitus end of feb: https://dice.fm/bundles/four-nights-of-yob-at-saint-vitus-j7g9

I’m bummed I now live in Florida, otherwise I’d be at all four days. So for you tri-state goons, enjoy the gently caress outta that for me!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Boris have a new album out today. Will listen in the morning.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ingmar terdman posted:

titty one titty two

lmao oh man

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Man, I'd be all over this:

... if I were a Eurogoon

... and there wasn't a plague going around.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

HoF, Fu Manchu, Green Lung

drat that's one hell of a lineup!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Man, I'd love to see Black Mountain play again.

I fell off Monster Magnet hard after Dopes to Infinity. Is their later material worth a dive?

I know their last release was a covers album, and I remember the choices being (for me) obscure as gently caress and I skipped it. I think the only artists I recognized was Hawkwind, which seems absolutely right for those dudes.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 21, 2022

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Trabant posted:

Man, I'd be all over this:

That is a glorious line up. My goodness.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

hatelull posted:

I fell off Monster Magnet hard after Dopes to Infinity. Is their later material worth a dive?

I know their last release was a covers album, and I remember the choices being (for me) obscure as gently caress and I skipped it. I think the only artists I recognized was Hawkwind, which seems absolutely right for those dudes.

It's all over the place imo. They tried to recapture the success of Powertrip for like 3-4 albums but that ship had sailed. Wyndorf eventually overdosed, went sober(-ish? I think?), but kept producing music. They somehow even got the label to let them "reimagine" and re-record of a couple of the later albums. There's usually a couple good songs (definitely on the short/catchy side) but you're out of luck looking for another Tab.

I think they have a much bigger (or at least more enduring) fanbase in Europe so I'm not surprised they're headlining that festival.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Boris have a new album out today. Will listen in the morning.
I'm listening to it now. It's experimental and very different than NO. Wata on vocals is cool. It's awesome that they can change so much stylistically from album to album.

I was about to say "this doesn't really feel like a metal album, though" and then I got to The Fallen haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
40 Watt Sun put out a slowcore/folk album yesterday in other S/D/S going non-metal news.