Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gasmask
Nov 30, 2006

Breaking fingers like fractals

Fruitcake posted:

Sleep's playing tonight at Terminal 5 in New York City, anyone else going? I'm driving all the way from MA, it's gonna rule and its my birthday. :whatup:

Also I checked the website and they still have tickets for sale.

I'll be there too, coming from CT - seems like the kind of thing that could be a perfect birthday show, I hope you have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:stare:

Sleep need to do a European tour, for the love of all that is heavy.
Yeah really. It just feels so wrong that I haven't seen them.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Fruitcake posted:

Sleep's playing tonight at Terminal 5 in New York City, anyone else going? I'm driving all the way from MA, it's gonna rule and its my birthday. :whatup:

I'll be there, stoked as hell. I can't imagine a better birthday celebration.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
new sourvein rules

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Polegrinder posted:

The Heavy Eyes, very 70's bluesy stoner metal. The bandcamp EP is very rough, they really emphasize that point lol. If they sound this good on a rough recording I can't wait to hear a properly produced album.

I love this poo poo, do you know these guys or something?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Fruitcake posted:

A bit late, but I was at the show and it was amazing. At times I was a few feet from the stage and my ears hurt through earplugs, quite impressive. Winter really impressed me, for an opening band I had never heard of, they put on a great show. Sleep were amazing, better than last year's Brooklyn Masonic Temple show. I spent most of the show being the bane of shorter peoples existences front and left.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just a question to those going to the current Sleep tour:
Are they just playing Holy Mountain with bits of Dopesmoker or is there any new stuff?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Just a question to those going to the current Sleep tour:
Are they just playing Holy Mountain with bits of Dopesmoker or is there any new stuff?

No new stuff.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
At least we can settle with the prospect of new Kyuss for the time being (or at least a "Kyuss Lives debut").

Think I'd much rather listen to a follow-up to Dopesmoker, though.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

uncle jimbo posted:

I love this poo poo, do you know these guys or something?

Haha, no.

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

Is it wrong that I'm going to see EYEHATEGOD simply for the fact that Church of Misery are opening?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Psychedelius posted:

Is it wrong that I'm going to see EYEHATEGOD simply for the fact that Church of Misery are opening?

No. EHG are amazing live but CoM would be even more amazing to see.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Psychedelius posted:

Not Bristol on Saturday by any chance? Because The Fleece is doing a small doom festival:

EYEHATEGOD + Church Of Misery + The Gates Of Slumber + Witchsorrow + Dopefight
+ Thread + Hang The Bastard + Crossbreaker

£15.

I know I'm gonna be there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

£15.

:drat: that's good value.

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl

Idioteque Dance posted:

Not Bristol on Saturday by any chance? Because The Fleece is doing a small doom festival:

£15.

I know I'm gonna be there.

Me too, I can't wait. Saw a poster for this at the Electric Wizard gig in March and had to buy tickets when I got home that night.

The Gates Of Slumber have pulled out though, unfortunately. I was really looking forward to watching them :(

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

Oh I wish I was there. It's Vienna for me so it's Eyehategod, Chāchi obu Mizarī and Torn From Earth from Budapest.

Should be great, especially because I'll see Boris and Russian Circles just a few days later. Can't wait for the drummer to get his "WWOOOOOOOO" on.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Psychedelius posted:

Oh I wish I was there. It's Vienna for me so it's Eyehategod, Chāchi obu Mizarī and Torn From Earth from Budapest.

Should be great, especially because I'll see Boris and Russian Circles just a few days later. Can't wait for the drummer to get his "WWOOOOOOOO" on.
Just found out Boris and Russian Circles played here a couple of days ago. How did I miss that :(

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

I'll shout "PLAY A FAST ONE" in your honour. Everyone's gonna love it.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
How is The Sword live? I know there are better bands and everything, but I kinda liked the new one and they're playing three blocks away for like $12 next week. Is that worth going to?

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
The sword are really good live.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Idioteque Dance posted:

Just found out Boris and Russian Circles played here a couple of days ago. How did I miss that :(

I went to see Boris and Russian Circles in Manchester, it was awesome. :D

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's a small chance Ufomammut will be playing support for a confirmed Neurosis gig in Dublin next month. :drat:

Also final Eve Tour from Ufomammut:
http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/?p=2788

\/\/\/\/

So jealous.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 25, 2011

seafood28
Nov 14, 2007
Sled Island in Calgary has been amazing so far. I saw Sleep and The Sword last night, and tonight I get to see Red Fang (and The Sword again). Sleep were incedible.. now that I have experienced Dopesmoker live, I can die happy.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar
Just came back from Cathedral. In one word, it was intense.
The place they played in was ridiculously small, and I managed to stand right at the stage, which was only as tall as my hip, so we were very very close to the band. They played from a little after midnight to 2h30 in the morning, and I gotta say that I didn't know Lee Dorrian was such a frontman. Not only did he headbang, jump and dance around the stage as expected, but he also pretended to hang himself with the mic cord (twice) and even stuffed his mouth with it while acting like a zombie during Night of the Seagulls. He gave the mic to the audience quite a few times too, and I got to sing the chorus for Corpsecycle and Carnival Bizarre. He also called my wife a witch. :lol:

We also walked out of the house with Lee Dorrian's signature on my Garden of Unearthly Delights booklet and two drumsticks. Awesome.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

uncle jimbo posted:

How is The Sword live? I know there are better bands and everything, but I kinda liked the new one and they're playing three blocks away for like $12 next week. Is that worth going to?

If you liked their new album you might as well check them out, especially for 12 bucks.

I, however, can't stand that record, so I had planned to skip the show they played in Vancouver a couple days ago. I decided to go when I found out that Dead Meadow were opening, and I definitely didn't regret that choice because they were great. I loved seeing them do some extended jams on my favourite old tracks like "Sleepy Silver Door" and "Indian Bones." The Sword, on the other hand, were totally lame. Their new material was actually worse live than I anticipated, because the singer really sucks and their new drummer is not very tight. I thought that the live setting really revealed how bad their new stuff is compared to the old. I enjoyed "To Take The Black" and the tunes off Age of Winters (including "Iron Swan" as the encore, which was pretty cool), but everything else bored me half to death. Luckily, the Rickshaw Theatre has plenty of seats.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Juaguocio posted:

If you liked their new album you might as well check them out, especially for 12 bucks.

I, however, can't stand that record, so I had planned to skip the show they played in Vancouver a couple days ago. I decided to go when I found out that Dead Meadow were opening, and I definitely didn't regret that choice because they were great. I loved seeing them do some extended jams on my favourite old tracks like "Sleepy Silver Door" and "Indian Bones." The Sword, on the other hand, were totally lame. Their new material was actually worse live than I anticipated, because the singer really sucks and their new drummer is not very tight. I thought that the live setting really revealed how bad their new stuff is compared to the old. I enjoyed "To Take The Black" and the tunes off Age of Winters (including "Iron Swan" as the encore, which was pretty cool), but everything else bored me half to death. Luckily, the Rickshaw Theatre has plenty of seats.

I am having a hard time justifying a weeknight drive to see Kyuss Lives partially because the Sword are opening. I can probably justify the cost of tickets and gas anyways, but man I don't like the newest album.

seafood28
Nov 14, 2007
I got to see Dead Meadow in a room of 100 people last night. They had just finished, and Biblical was about to go on, when the police showed up and shut down the party. Weak.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Yoshiaki from Church of Misery were right in my face at Hellfest, and I tasted his sweat.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Mordekai posted:

Yoshiaki from Church of Misery were right in my face at Hellfest, and I tasted his sweat.

Did it taste like weed? I bet it did.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

There's a small chance Ufomammut will be playing support for a confirmed Neurosis gig in Dublin next month. :drat:

I don't think this is happening. Refraction would be fun just to see those lads freak out

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
Got a link to the new Boris video yesterday http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/music-videos/558-boris/2765-hope-riot-sugar/
Wata.
I don't even know wtf, but I'm mad as hell right now since I missed them last time they came through.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

http://thegrandastoria.bandcamp.com/album/caesar-enters-the-palace-of-doom

Has this little band been posted yet? Found it on a blog. Very neat tunage going on here.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post
Meant to reply soon after the show, but... I was busy.

Beast in the Field in Nashville were SICK. I know most of the people there were there to see Black Dahlia, but Beast drone/doom'd the poo poo out of them with four heads and eight cabs. I could feel the sound pressing against my skin.

loving intense.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Got my tickets to see Clutch and Corrosion of Conformity yessss

NuclearGuru
Jan 4, 2011

Roasted Donut posted:

Got my tickets to see Clutch and Corrosion of Conformity yessss

I'm going to this as well, it's gonna be awesome. I'll be seeing them in NYC, what about you?

In other news, I've been diggin this EP by Blue Aside: http://blueaside.bandcamp.com/album/the-orange-tree. Excellent space doom in the vein of Sons of Otis (note the name of the second track) with some really great riffing and songwriting. Vocals are split between some growly-type stuff and thick harmonies which is pretty cool.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Meant to reply soon after the show, but... I was busy.

Beast in the Field in Nashville were SICK. I know most of the people there were there to see Black Dahlia, but Beast drone/doom'd the poo poo out of them with four heads and eight cabs. I could feel the sound pressing against my skin.

loving intense.

I loving love this band and it sucks they probably won't be touring Europe any time soon.

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Also final Eve Tour from Ufomammut:
http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/?p=2788

Is there a reason Ufomammut never tours in the states? :smith:

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

katatonic posted:

Is there a reason Ufomammut never tours in the states? :smith:

They're from Italy.

:smith:

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
Chicago folks: Bongripper playing a free show at the Empty Bottle this Friday and I was just informed they will be running full gear, something they haven't done in a while. Gonna get pretty rowdy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

So, am I the only one that actually liked Kyuss' Wretch? I got it for my birthday and love the album, but it looks like even the band has disowned it. I really don't get it. I'd cut Big Bikes off of the album, but other than that it's great.