Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatslam
Apr 9, 2009
I think I read somewhere that HUGENELK were goons so I thought I would give them a shoutout here so that they can maybe see it.

These guys rule, they got me into this genre of music and I would put them as my 2nd favorite band ever; just under Sleep and right above The Sword. They put out some killer riffs and the singer has the best voice in doom, definitely glad that I gave these guys a listen.

Now that I got that out of the way, all of you goons need to listen to them, the closest thing I can really compare them to is Valley of the Sun or The Heavy Co. in terms of sound.

e: Slightly unrelated but can anyone suggest any drone bands that are similar to Earth or old Boris? I tried to get into Sunn O))) and Ahab but I don't really like that every song is 24 minutes long with like 3 notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Meatslam posted:

e: Slightly unrelated but can anyone suggest any drone bands that are similar to Earth or old Boris? I tried to get into Sunn O))) and Ahab but I don't really like that every song is 24 minutes long with like 3 notes.

Have you tried Nadja and Author & Punisher?

Edit: edited the links in.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

Froderick posted:

Slabdragger is loving amazing, I can't stop listening.

http://championedition.bandcamp.com/album/regress

Just picked up a copy on discogs but it has to ship from The Netherlands. Which reminds me, is there a reason most of the stoner/doom sellers are in Europe?

I'm really pissed right now that this is the first bandcamp link I've seen without a big buy thing on it. I just want to pay them for a digital version of the music. What the gently caress.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

-Dethstryk- posted:

I'm really pissed right now that this is the first bandcamp link I've seen without a big buy thing on it. I just want to pay them for a digital version of the music. What the gently caress.

Huata has the same thing for their latest release. It's because the album isn't out yet or something, it's only set up for streaming. Their previous album you can buy.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Meatslam posted:

I think I read somewhere that HUGENELK were goons so I thought I would give them a shoutout here so that they can maybe see it.

These guys rule, they got me into this genre of music and I would put them as my 2nd favorite band ever; just under Sleep and right above The Sword. They put out some killer riffs and the singer has the best voice in doom, definitely glad that I gave these guys a listen.

Now that I got that out of the way, all of you goons need to listen to them, the closest thing I can really compare them to is Valley of the Sun or The Heavy Co. in terms of sound.

Hey, thanks! 2nd place behind Sleep sounds pretty good to me, haha. That reminds me- I need to put our old demos back up somewhere now that Megaupload is dead. If you're interested, I'm currently playing doom with Psilocybin, and I'm hoping to get another band going in a more jammy, hard rock kind of vein. Our second drummer Max is playing groovy psych stuff with Three Wolf Moon, also featuring members of Black Wizard.

Meatslam
Apr 9, 2009

Frank Caskelot posted:

Have you tried Nadja and Author & Punisher?

Edit: edited the links in.

Author and Punisher sounds good, but they aren't really what I'm looking for. Do you know any drone bands that are closer to Colour Haze or Earthless in terms of sound and atmosphere?

Juaguocio posted:

Hey, thanks! 2nd place behind Sleep sounds pretty good to me, haha. That reminds me- I need to put our old demos back up somewhere now that Megaupload is dead. If you're interested, I'm currently playing doom with Psilocybin, and I'm hoping to get another band going in a more jammy, hard rock kind of vein. Our second drummer Max is playing groovy psych stuff with Three Wolf Moon, also featuring members of Black Wizard.

Good to see you're still making killer music, and if you do get around to uploading those demos I would love to hear them.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

Juaguocio posted:

Oh cool, you took over the bass role for Psilocybin. I recall hanging with Dragos back when he was in Shores of Tundra...good times from what I can fuzzily remember. I'll try to make it for the March 2nd show, should be rad.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Meatslam posted:

Good to see you're still making killer music, and if you do get around to uploading those demos I would love to hear them.

Demo 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?qljmde3a52xy3ok
Demo 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?la69ws6gkh33r1q

We redid some of these tracks for the album, but there's a couple there that you may not have heard. I actually prefer the version of "Sunken Treasure" from the second demo to the one that's on the album.

ethan posted:

Oh cool, you took over the bass role for Psilocybin. I recall hanging with Dragos back when he was in Shores of Tundra...good times from what I can fuzzily remember. I'll try to make it for the March 2nd show, should be rad.

Cool, I hope to see you there! Mendozza are one of the best bands in BC, so it's a great honour to open for their CD release show. Weirding are also playing, and they're always a treat to see.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
oh man HUGENELK are (were?) awesome. I've been reppin you to my friends who are into stonery old-school rock.

gonna check out that version of Sunken Treasure, it's my favourite song on the album.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aww man, Wiht just broke up.
I've been listening to The Harrowing of the North over and over again for the last few weeks, it was brilliant.

Meatslam
Apr 9, 2009

I really dig Stoner Groove, thanks for the upload!

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Seems Scott Kelly (of Neurosis) and John Baizley (of Baroness) are doing some kind of joint acoustic tour?
I'll be checking it out on Friday, but has anyone heard of this, or been to the gig?

Orbital Sapling
Oct 30, 2011

by angerbeet

King Faraday posted:

Seems Scott Kelly (of Neurosis) and John Baizley (of Baroness) are doing some kind of joint acoustic tour?
I'll be checking it out on Friday, but has anyone heard of this, or been to the gig?

That sounds so awesome. John Baizley and Scott Kelly are both loving cool, incredibly talented people.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Orbital Sapling posted:

That sounds so awesome. John Baizley and Scott Kelly are both loving cool, incredibly talented people.

I'm super pumped. This is in New Zealand, by the by. So anyone in Auckland, the gig is tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday is in Wellington.

It's the start of a NZ/Australia tour, I believe.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

News of the new Ufomammut

Album art is by the wonderful Malleus

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 1, 2012

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
I haven't seen anything here about the new Behold! The Monolith album, it's pretty goddamn solid, very High on Fire-esque. Price is a bit high for the digital though, but I can't complain too much.

http://beholdthemonolith.bandcamp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLpnBX22364

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

News of the new Ufomammut

New Ufomammut album news is always good news.

Astrotrain posted:

I haven't seen anything here about the new Behold! The Monolith album, it's pretty goddamn solid, very High on Fire-esque. Price is a bit high for the digital though, but I can't complain too much.

http://beholdthemonolith.bandcamp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLpnBX22364

Awesome! I liked their EP better than their full album, but so far this one has a lot of momentum to it.

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 1, 2012

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Bongripper posted:

ordered the third pressing of "satan worshipping doom" on 2LP. this time it will have gatefold sleeves.

For those of you who missed it the first 2 times. It should be coming again. Really excited.

Speewah
May 28, 2011

King Faraday posted:

I'm super pumped. This is in New Zealand, by the by. So anyone in Auckland, the gig is tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday is in Wellington.

It's the start of a NZ/Australia tour, I believe.

Do you have any of the aussie tour details? I'm struggling to find them.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Speewah posted:

Do you have any of the aussie tour details? I'm struggling to find them.

Nabbed this from the venue website.
Hopefully that gives you some clues.

It was awesome, by the way. Orbital Sapling was dead-on about them being cool dudes, came out after the show and shook hands and chit-chatted.

e: Went to the Heathen Skulls website and got some more details. Same as above, just not in teeny-tiny.

AUSTRALIA – Tour dates

Saturday 4th: Perth @ The Civic
Tickets available from https://www.oztix.com.au
Support: Andrew Ewing (The Devil Rides Out)

Sunday 5th: Adelaide @ Fowlers Live
Tickets available from https://www.moshtix.com.au
Support: Mike Deslandes (Coerce)

Monday 6th: Geelong @ The National Hotel
Support: Matt Sonic (of the High Time)

Wednesday 8th: Canberra @ ANU Bar
DOOR SALES ONLY, no pre-sale tickets available.
Support: Marcus De Pasquale (Looking Glass, solo)

Thursday 9th: Brisbane @ The Zoo
Support: Blackie (The Hard Ons)

Friday 10th: Melbourne @ Corner Hotel
Tickets available from https://www.conerhotel.com
Support: Blackie (The Hard Ons) + Matt Sonic (of the High Times)

Saturday 11th: Sydney @ Manning Bar
Support: Blackie (The Hard Ons)

Sunday 12th: Hobart @ Brisbane Hotel
DOOR SALES ONLY, no pre-sale tickets available.
Support: Ocean

King Faraday fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 5, 2012

Speewah
May 28, 2011
Thanks heaps mate

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

If y'all have a chance to see The Body/Braveyoung on the current tour I would do it. Saw them in Durham last night, it was loving awesome. The song they played together off their split was menacing as gently caress.

No records though, I really wanted All The Waters... and Nothing Passes on vinyl :(

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

alg posted:

If y'all have a chance to see The Body/Braveyoung on the current tour I would do it. Saw them in Durham last night, it was loving awesome. The song they played together off their split was menacing as gently caress.

No records though, I really wanted All The Waters... and Nothing Passes on vinyl :(

Agreed. I wasn't at the show, but I used to be good friends with the Braveyoung guys (I'm wearing the guitarist's slippers right now - long story), and they work hard as hell. Definitely support them if they come near you!

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Doesn't look like anyone posted this yet, but the new Earth album is out. Already ordered my copy, I'm pretty stoked about it.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

alg posted:

Definitely gonna go see them in Providence. What was the setlist like?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Crimson Sox posted:

Definitely gonna go see them in Providence. What was the setlist like?

The Body played stuff off All the Waters..., Braveyoung I am not sure because I hadn't listened to their album beforehand. Together, they only played Song 2 off Nothing Passes.

I talked to the vocalist from The Body before his set, he said they couldn't play a lot off Nothing Passes because it would've been too much or something.

I'm honestly not that good at this sort of thing, I kind of get into the music and forget to listen for individual tunes :shobon:

edit; I got that Earth album from In Vinyl We Trust for $16. Didn't think it was out for awhile

alg fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Koldenblue posted:

Doesn't look like anyone posted this yet, but the new Earth album is out. Already ordered my copy, I'm pretty stoked about it.

Didn't think this was out until Valentine's Day, thanks.

Meatslam
Apr 9, 2009
Looney Doom

I think the creators of the new Looney Toons listen to Candlemass

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Meatslam posted:

Looney Doom

I had to Google this because I couldn't believe that it was real and unedited. This is the greatest thing.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

edit: this isn't the right metal thread for this

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 9, 2012

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

aliencowboy posted:

Album art for the new Municipal Waste. Hopefully it'll be better than Massive Aggressive.

[Awesome Picture]

Astronaut artery indigestion.

Falls Motel
May 2, 2009
So I'm playing in a band called Lungs, I wanted to post some of our material and get feedback from you guys. Sorry for the Facebook link, but that should take you directly to the music player application.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lungs/112475152026?sk=app_2405167945

For any Minneapolis residents, we're playing Clashed Attitudes on Radio K this Sunday from 2-4PM. Going to be a live set, maybe a half hour or 45 minutes worth of music, then spinning records and getting interviewed. We're also playing Hell's Kitchen on the 18th, part of a Roller Girl event, which promises to be a fun time.

Thanks for listening dudes.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Meatslam posted:

Looney Doom

Daffy Duck: Still owns.

amplifier worship
Aug 26, 2010

The slave is doomed to worship time and fate and death, because they are greater than anything he finds in himself.

Falls Motel posted:

So I'm playing in a band called Lungs, I wanted to post some of our material and get feedback from you guys. Sorry for the Facebook link, but that should take you directly to the music player application.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lungs/112475152026?sk=app_2405167945

For any Minneapolis residents, we're playing Clashed Attitudes on Radio K this Sunday from 2-4PM. Going to be a live set, maybe a half hour or 45 minutes worth of music, then spinning records and getting interviewed. We're also playing Hell's Kitchen on the 18th, part of a Roller Girl event, which promises to be a fun time.

Thanks for listening dudes.

I'm really enjoying this, but i don't want to click "like" 'cuz you're at exactly 555 and :ohdear: . In any case, the mix is boss, quality translates well to a large stereo setup eq'd for sludge and cranked loud, so whoever produced it did their homework.

e: oof, that nice downturn in the riff at around 7:30 of sermon pretty much makes the song, why did it have to end so soon? that should've been the place to build the whole thing back up again! gives the drums some breathing room to gently caress around with alternate rhythms, and works so well with what comes before...

amplifier worship fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 10, 2012

SunkenState
Mar 28, 2011
Just wanted to give people a heads up that Pallbearer are releasing their first album on Profound Lore Records on the 21st. It's old school doom with Ozzy style vocals. You can listen to the songs off of their songs from their 2010 demo here:
The Legend
Devoid of Redemption
Gloomy Sunday

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Any UK beards going to the ATP festival in May?

SLAYER - Performing Reign In Blood
SLEEP
MELVINS
WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM
YOB
+ MORE TBC

My friend who was supposed to be going pulled out so I'm probably going alone :( If any of you UK goons are heading, let me know.

Travelling from Ireland just to see Sleep. Can't loving wait.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 12, 2012

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wanted to share some information about a new compilation being released tomorrow by Satanik Recordings.

It's entitled Swamp Abyss Sorcery and it contains some of the finest examples of independent heaviness native to Florida in recent history.

Bands included are: Shroud Eater, Druid Lord, Fatal, Hollow Leg(ex-Bloodlet), Orbweaver(ex-Hate Eternal), Flyingsnakes, Hot Graves, Party Time, Extremely Rotten, Holly Hunt(ex-Floor), and my band: Fire in the Cave.

edit: Click here for a free download of the comp!

West fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 14, 2012

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone checked out Juan Montoya (ex-Torche)'s new band Stallone? Their first EP is on bandcamp and I love it. He was clearly the guy in Torche who was way more into the heavy stoner sound than the other members and it shows, I enjoy it far more than Songs for Singles (if it's fair to compare the two like that).

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Any recommendations on bands similiar to Baroness? I really like how they go between furious noise and just jamming with southern rock stylings.

I've already been listening to a lot of Sleep/Isis/Electric Wizard, but I guess I'm looking for something that's a little more dynamic instead of a wall of noise. Isis nails the southern rock vibe though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Any recommendations on bands similiar to Baroness? I really like how they go between furious noise and just jamming with southern rock stylings.

Kylesa's Static Tensions is kinda similar, Mastodon's Crack the Skye sound a lot like Baroness as a lot of their stuff is in the same keys.