Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Any Ice Dragon fans? Their new CD recently leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3putO7CnuQ&feature=related

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hankki
Nov 10, 2009
Just wanted to post this:

Jesse and the Ancient Ones - Sulfur Giants

because holy poo poo this is just too good. Can't wait for the album!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sleep-Dopesmoker (2012 reissue)

Details on the Dopesmoker reissue.

Art by Arik Roper

Unfortunately there's nothing higher-res out at the moment so those hoping for a sweet new wallpaper will have to wait.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Art by Arik Roper

Unfortunately there's nothing higher-res out at the moment so those hoping for a sweet new wallpaper will have to wait.
It's a great cover. Pretty much exactly what I imagine when I listen to it. Looking forward to hearing the changes from the 2003 version for sure.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

hankki posted:

Just wanted to post this:

Jesse and the Ancient Ones - Sulfur Giants

because holy poo poo this is just too good. Can't wait for the album!

This reminds me a lot of The Devil's Blood, so yeah, it's pretty cool stuff.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Finally got around to listening to Ever Circling Wolves "The Silence From Your Room", I remember that it's a goon's band (HMorg?). Really enjoying this.

Other doom on the menu has included Church of Misery, Asphyx's latest, and more Church of Misery.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Zodijackylite posted:

Finally got around to listening to Ever Circling Wolves "The Silence From Your Room", I remember that it's a goon's band (HMorg?). Really enjoying this.

Other doom on the menu has included Church of Misery, Asphyx's latest, and more Church of Misery.

Thanks! (Yes, I used to be HMorg.)

Also wholeheartedly approving of Church of Misery. I saw them live last week (for the 3rd time) and they were amazing as always.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Frank Caskelot posted:

Thanks! (Yes, I used to be HMorg.)

Also wholeheartedly approving of Church of Misery. I saw them live last week (for the 3rd time) and they were amazing as always.

I'll be seeing them at MDF, can't wait.

It feels so odd these days when I want a friend to hear a song and the entire album isn't on YouTube. I suppose a live video will have to do.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

Don't think anyone's posted this yet, new Ufommamut track. It sounds like Ufomammut and it sounds awesome.

Here's another new Ufomammut
Aureum

Follows Empireum.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Art by Arik Roper

Goddamn.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Art by Arik Roper

When will this be released? Sleep's website didn't answer that question.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No-one seems to know, the Southern Lord site doesn't even have it up yet.

Edit:

:siren:New Bongripper track :siren:-Fisting (Unmastered)

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 4, 2012

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

Polegrinder posted:

Yeah I don't get all the hate for the new HoF album. It's probably my favorite along with Blessed Black Wings. It's miles better than Snakes. It's a diverse album in my opinion and has quite a few stand out tracks. I was hesitant at first when I heard Fertile Green, thinking it was going to be one chugging song after another, but there are some nice breaks. It's really good.

EDIT -

I really like the first song, it's probably one of my favorites off the new album :(

Thank you. I listened to this album and it was just great. I thought it sounded better and had better hooks/riff than Snakes (which I guess isn't that hard... I didn't care for that album... except for 'Frost Hammer')...

Tried to explain HoF's sound to a coworker and my friend chimed in "Listening to High on Fire is like getting punched in the face with a motorcycle... and the rider is a skeleton with gargoyle wings and his skull is a bong."

That felt about right.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

Tried to explain HoF's sound to a coworker and my friend chimed in "Listening to High on Fire is like getting punched in the face with a motorcycle... and the rider is a skeleton with gargoyle wings and his skull is a bong."

That felt about right.

"Heavy is about being pissed off and being a warlord and laying down... like, just like, someone like, that was a battle, just if they had an axe they just chop some dude in the head, and it landed... And you got a riff that plays the same way that way, that's heavy"
-Matt Pike

\/\/
Om :worship: 2012 is the best year. (24th of July though? 24/7/2012?)

Also Earth live are loving amazing.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 5, 2012

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
OM's new album Advaitic Songs release date announced : http://vimeo.com/39645699 (July 24th)

They're playing here tonight, but I don't know if I have the energy to go. :(
As if that wouldn't be enough, tomorrow : Earth. :supaburn:

Metanaut fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 6, 2012

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

If anyone here hasn't seen it yet, you should definitely check out the documentary Such Hawks Such Hounds. Along with Matt Pike being bad-rear end and Al Cisneros being a massive hippie, there's also Wino talking about how shrooms saved his life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdZw9VqwW4s

Looks like the whole film is up on YouTube.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Digging the new HoF album, but it doesn't seem like there's any REALLY good stand-out tracks like there were on Snakes (Snakes, Frost Hammer, Fire Spitter).

Good stuff though.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Digging the new HoF album, but it doesn't seem like there's any REALLY good stand-out tracks like there were on Snakes (Snakes, Frost Hammer, Fire Spitter).

Good stuff though.

Serums of Liao, Madness of an Architect, King of Days, Warhorn? I think Surrounded by Thieves, Blessed Black Wings, and De Vermis Mysteriis are my HoF trifecta. I'll pop on Art of Self Defense for something a little slower.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Well, I didn't mean to say there's no good songs, because there are plenty of them. It's just that there isn't any tracks that just completely punch me in the gut and melt my face off. Fury Whip was the first song I ever heard by HoF and it did exactly this.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Here's a cool band from Romania that combines sludge and hardcore to kick you in the balls

http://equivoke-mdl.blogspot.com/2012/04/void-forger-demo-2012.html

Their demo is free on Bandcamp.

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

By the way, we're bringing a few boxes of these on the road. Swing by and pick one up!

PS. If you're geographically challanged, they're on sale over at Ajna

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Well, I didn't mean to say there's no good songs, because there are plenty of them. It's just that there isn't any tracks that just completely punch me in the gut and melt my face off. Fury Whip was the first song I ever heard by HoF and it did exactly this.

What was that other thing Pike did, Kalas or something? This sounds like the halfway point between Kalas and HoF. I liked it way more once I realized it.

e: Kalas

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Houseplant posted:

Any Ice Dragon fans? Their new CD recently leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3putO7CnuQ&feature=related

Definitely better than their first two, The Sorrowful Sun is good, but so far Tome of the Future Ancients is really stellar. Best of all, it's FREE from bandcamp. Ozzy-era Sabbath and Electric Wizard fans should check these guys out.

Lear
Jul 6, 2007

"My third eye is squeegied quite cleanly."
Just got back from the Crowbar/Prong/Witchburn show here in Houston. Man, Crowbar can still sling that sludge. The pit was full of people that matched the music - big and heavy. Even a few (heavy) girls were in there pounding it out.

They played all the good staples you expect to hear from these pioneers (All I Had, on up to the newest album). The encore itself was that suffocating, heavy end of 'Cemetery Angels'. Only a band like Crowbar can really get away with that as the closer. Go see this band if you've never been to a sludge fest.

Prong was Prong. I mean, what can I say? They haven't changed a drat bit in 15+ years, but this is not the thread for Prong.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
Anyone into Fellwoods? Really digging their Wulfram album at the moment, I'm totally into the old proto-doom sounding stuff. I need to find more to quench my craving for Uncle Acid and the deadbeats!

Fellwoods - Brutal Hoof (Right song - they changed their name!)

Check out their bandcamp - name your price on the album.

Here's a few in this vein for people that like this style. Do you guys know any more?

Uncle Acid and the deadbeats - I can't get enough of this poo poo.
Witch
Venomous Maximus

Also I suppose The Devil's Blood, Ghost, Blood Ceremony, etc kind of fit.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Thanks a lot for the Fellwoods recommendation, this album is fantastic

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Rion.exe posted:

Anyone into Fellwoods? Really digging their Wulfram album at the moment, I'm totally into the old proto-doom sounding stuff. I need to find more to quench my craving for Uncle Acid and the deadbeats!

Fellwoods - Brutal Hoof (Right song - they changed their name!)

Check out their bandcamp - name your price on the album.

Sounds pretty good. Like somewhere halfway between Witchcraft and The Sword (of which you should check out at least Witchcraft, if you're not familiar with them already).

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Ugh I feel like a tool. I just found out that the vocalist from The Devils Blood is female. The entire time I just thought it was a reincarnation of Robert Plant or something...

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Currently sorting through my stuff and getting ready for Roadburn, we leave for Amsterdam Wednesday morning.

If you see a bunch of dumb-looking Norwegian goons at the 013, say hello to the blonde dude sporting this shirt:

Getting very excited about Om/Church of Misery/Sleep/Obsessed/Bongripper/so forth. :350:

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

ElectricWizard posted:

Currently sorting through my stuff and getting ready for Roadburn, we leave for Amsterdam Wednesday morning.

If you see a bunch of dumb-looking Norwegian goons at the 013, say hello to the blonde dude sporting this shirt:

Getting very excited about Om/Church of Misery/Sleep/Obsessed/Bongripper/so forth. :350:

Ugh, where'd you get that shirt!? I can't seem to find any for sale online anywhere...

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Polegrinder posted:

Ugh, where'd you get that shirt!? I can't seem to find any for sale online anywhere...

http://acidcoven.com/index.html

MrSlug
Nov 23, 2004
Anyone else going to see Weedeater this month? :drool:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm in Amsterdam at the moment with four friends coffeeshopping it up before Roadburn, getting into Tilburg on Thursday. We got to warm up with an amazing night in Bristol on Sunday - Slabdragger, Dopefight, Grifter, Church of Misery and Orange Goblin, definitely a gig I'll remember.

So if you want to say hi at the campsite, as ever I'll be the guy with the beard. (really though, I'm the guy with long curly brown hair and four other stoners, also my friend looks exactly like Ben Ward from Orange Goblin)

Can't wait!

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I'll be the beardless (shut up) goon with the mohawk and bigger, balder mate next to me. Been looking forward to this ever since the last one ended.

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

So apparently electric wizard is releasing a new 7" EP, "Legalize Drugs and Murder". I can't find much information on it though... as far as I can tell, it's sort of B sides from their upcoming album?

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Om has a new album coming out in July. Can't wait to hear it, everything they do is fantastic. They're like taking acid without taking acid.

John Baizley has also talked about the latest Baroness album. Seems like they are going with a different sound and approach to their music this time.

Mindfish
Jul 18, 2003
Professional Victim

Polegrinder posted:

Om has a new album coming out in July. Can't wait to hear it, everything they do is fantastic. They're like taking acid without taking acid.

I think they played some of the new stuff on Sunday. Also they had a keyboard/effects/guitar guy joining them.

edit: Yeah, they played Sinai. The guitar guy was Robert A. A. Lowe.

Mindfish fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 11, 2012

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

So electric wizard has two new songs out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RqJ9blAHHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxtRxHSa0Y&feature=relmfu

The first song sounds pretty much exactly like their last two albums. The second song is the more interesting one. I'm somewhat disappointed actually. I was hoping they'd make the production sound heavier instead of just rehashing the last two albums.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Mindfish posted:

I think they played some of the new stuff on Sunday. Also they had a keyboard/effects/guitar guy joining them.

edit: Yeah, they played Sinai. The guitar guy was Robert A. A. Lowe.

He played on God is Good. I'm curious to see if they add more instrumentation to the next album. Their first 3 were just Chris and Al, and God is Good added cello and flute. So I'm wondering if there will be more of that. It would be kind of neat if they went all out with the tibetan style/song structure they do and add some "weird" instruments or chanting.

EDIT - July is gonna be a good month, new Baroness album, Yellow & Green, out July 17th!

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl

Koldenblue posted:

So electric wizard has two new songs out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RqJ9blAHHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxtRxHSa0Y&feature=relmfu

The first song sounds pretty much exactly like their last two albums. The second song is the more interesting one. I'm somewhat disappointed actually. I was hoping they'd make the production sound heavier instead of just rehashing the last two albums.

I do agree with you, but I am liking both songs regardless.