Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol
Checking out No right now, up to "Common Species". Definitely sounds like a mix of Aaron Turner pining for the pre-Celestial days of Isis, or he's been listening to a fuckload of Deathspell Omega. Neither of these are bad things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
:stare: That sounds pretty loving insane and I wish I had heard of it before now so I could have already listened to it 30 times.

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

muike posted:

:stare: That sounds pretty loving insane and I wish I had heard of it before now so I could have already listened to it 30 times.

After Wavering Radiant I didn't think he had this in him still. Consider me proven the gently caress wrong.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I just wanted another Mosquito Control, but this'll do. This'll do just fine.

Diseased Yak
Jun 23, 2006

It's only a mild infection...
I can scarcely believe my good fortune. Check out the show that's happening where in live in September:

Will be my first time seeing any of these bands (except for Rwake, who are local dudes) live. I'm most excited for YOB as I worship them like they deserve.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Diseased Yak posted:

I can scarcely believe my good fortune. Check out the show that's happening where in live in September:

Will be my first time seeing any of these bands (except for Rwake, who are local dudes) live. I'm most excited for YOB as I worship them like they deserve.

Holy poo poo I am so jealous of this bill.

And RE: the goon asking about OMG, I didn't really like it on first listen, but it really grew on me, and now I would strongly recommend it. I found it a bit too abrasive and noisy on first listen, but on subsequent listens I picked up more melody, and ended up really loving it. The whole album is available to stream on their bandcamp if you want to try before you buy.

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

Diseased Yak posted:

drat... GODDAMN. So jealous of you. None of these bands are rolling through my town. Please post about the show afterwards so I can get even more jealous/live vicariously through you.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
Pallbearer's "Sorrow and Extinction" is up on Bandcamp so you have no excuse not to hear this awesome doom album. Worth listening to the beautiful acoustic intro of "Foreigner" at least.

http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/sorrow-and-extinction

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

bleedbackwards posted:

Pallbearer's "Sorrow and Extinction" is up on Bandcamp so you have no excuse not to hear this awesome doom album. Worth listening to the beautiful acoustic intro of "Foreigner" at least.

http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/sorrow-and-extinction

I love their album so much. The whole thing just has this absolute feeling of despair and emptiness.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Finally got my copy of Advaitic Songs and oh my :swoon:

Om keeps getting better by every album.

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Metanaut posted:

Just got my copy too, and I have been playing it pretty much continually when I'm at home.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The bass tone on State of Non-Return is so cool.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
I think that NAAM have been mentioned a few times in here. They have a new video out.

http://noisey.vice.com/music-video-premieres/naam---starchild

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
How about these guys, just found them:

FROM BEYOND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r59Debpth6I
Very Sabbathian

Also I found out about this band the other day. As far as I can tell they only released one album back in 2009. I've really been enjoying it.

S:T ERIK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OjXlpAkMqs

Falls Motel
May 2, 2009
Hey dudes, my band Lungs (http://www.facebook.com/lungsmusic) is leaving for a mid-west tour tomorrow and playing a kick off show at Club Med in Minneapolis. If you guys wanna come see us, here are the dates:

July 27 Minneapolis at Club Med
July 28 Fargo, ND at the New Direction
July 29 Lincoln, NE at the Bourbon Theater
July 30 Kansas City, MO at 44th and State Line
July 31 Columbia, MO at Cafe Berlin
August 1 Lafayette, IN at the Hilltop Fortress
August 2 Detroit, MI at the Old Miami
August 3 Chicago, IL at the Ultra Lounge
August 4 Milwaukee, WI at Quarters

Here's a live video if you wanna check us out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3veOMX8mO0

bus stop
Jul 19, 2012
nah
Briton Rites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEUYhFbNAao

Haven't seen them mentioned yet. Just pure oldschool sounding doom, they only have one album out and it's really worth checking out if you haven't heard them before.

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.

Diseased Yak posted:

I just heard about this show last week, and I'll be there. It's a bit of a drive, but like hell am I going to miss it.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

bus stop posted:

Briton Rites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEUYhFbNAao

Haven't seen them mentioned yet. Just pure oldschool sounding doom, they only have one album out and it's really worth checking out if you haven't heard them before.

Hell Yeah, thanks!

Also guess who missed Nate Hall (U.S. Christmas) and Mike Scheidt (Yob) playing acoustic stuff at the local record store a couple weeks ago because he was at family reunion at the beach? That's right, me! :(

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 29, 2012

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Hell Yeah, thanks!

Also guess who missed Nate Hall (U.S. Christmas) and Mike Scheidt (Yob) playing acoustic stuff at the local record store a couple weeks ago because he was at family reunion at the beach? That's right, me! :(

Family reunions: not metal.

What the hell would "family reunion metal" sound like, I wonder?

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
I thought this would be the best place to post this question.

I saw that in the Southern Lord store they sold a " The Power of the Rift 2012" poster, and I enjoy posters. So I sent an email of what the size of the poster would be (Since the store has like no information except price) and the response I got was "sorry i don't know that information."

... uhh... what.

Any one have a guess of what the size would be?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

FarmerHank posted:

I saw that in the Southern Lord store they sold a " The Power of the Rift 2012" poster, and I enjoy posters. So I sent an email of what the size of the poster would be (Since the store has like no information except price) and the response I got was "sorry i don't know that information."

... uhh... what.

Any one have a guess of what the size would be?

It's 85 x 141px :v:

Looks the designer is Justin Bartlett. Here's his site and his email is justin@vberkvlt.com. I bet he'd know.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

OM are coming to Dublin in September. 3 times seeing Sweaty Al in one year might be too much for my mind/pores to handle.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

FarmerHank posted:

... uhh... what.

Don't expect much of customer service from Southern Lord. Have now had a few bad experiences with them and any email replies are always terse and sometimes a little rude.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Speaking of SL, I see they're reissuing HoF's debut. Is this worth my time/money? I haven't heard it before, so I was wondering whether it was actually good, or just the fact that it is HoF means it will sell.

Also, recs for stuff similar to OM?

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

HoF's debut is some of the best stuff they've ever recorded, if not the best.

EDIT: Also, have never had a problem with SL, and I regularly order from them (I'm Belgian).

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

nomapple posted:

Speaking of SL, I see they're reissuing HoF's debut. Is this worth my time/money?

Yes, it's loving awesome.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Went to Bardo Pond last night and HOLY poo poo. I was floored. Their whole sound comes to life and their performances were rock solid. Immensely eargasmic walls of sound. They also played some new songs and I tell you what, if we get a new record this year it'll very likely be going straight on the AOTY list. They were so good, at the end of a couple of particularly good new songs you could hear most people around me saying "god that was loving incredible" and whatnot. I really hope I get to hear them again before too long because I didn't want them to end.

There was also a guy at least in his 80s, with long hair, black shirt and huge beard rocking out at the very front and absolutely loving it, which is always a good thing to see.

Kylesa tonight... Rammesses tomorrow... Baroness next Tuesday... CoC the day after that... what the hell, Bristol?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A new track from the next Ufomammut, ORO OPUS ALTER - LUXONA.

The whole album's up on their YouTube now.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 8, 2012

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
U.S. Christmas is playing a show in Asheville NC this Saturday night. I'm thinking about checking it out.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I hope it's appropriate to ask this here, but does anyone know where I can buy the Fuzz Manta album from 2009, Smokerings. Or, hell, any of their others for that matter, but especially Smokerings.

I've done internet searches, had a look at Kozmik, etc., but can't find it anywhere. Am I missing someplace obvious? (I'm in the USA). Thanks for any suggestions.

Here's why I want this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQiJ3hhTdU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I hope it's appropriate to ask this here, but does anyone know where I can buy the Fuzz Manta album from 2009, Smokerings. Or, hell, any of their others for that matter, but especially Smokerings.

I've done internet searches, had a look at Kozmik, etc., but can't find it anywhere. Am I missing someplace obvious? (I'm in the USA). Thanks for any suggestions.

Here's why I want this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URQiJ3hhTdU

I looked for about 15 minutes and only found this (which I assume you found as well) and this (half way down the page).

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Yeah. Thanks for looking on my behalf. I'm not too keen on an international order and a 4-6 week wait, but it looks like my only option.

Much appeciated!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

nomapple posted:

Speaking of SL, I see they're reissuing HoF's debut. Is this worth my time/money? I haven't heard it before, so I was wondering whether it was actually good, or just the fact that it is HoF means it will sell.

It's much closer to Sleep than HoF's later material, and also happens to be one of the most devastating collections of riffs ever put to tape. I've heard good things about the reissue, too- folks are saying that the bass and drums are much clearer, without compromising any of the power.

I would love to turn back time and see them when they were touring that album in Midwest dives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUeOTOGUimM It's pretty funny to see Matt getting heckled. How times have changed.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Juaguocio posted:

I would love to turn back time and see them when they were touring that album in Midwest dives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUeOTOGUimM It's pretty funny to see Matt getting heckled. How times have changed.

Christ, it has been a rough 12 years for Matt Pike's body.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alcoholism will do that to you.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Metanaut posted:

I just read that the Om tour has been postponed due to injury. What gives?

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Emil broke his arm skateboarding. Seriously.

Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

Emil Amos broke his arm in a skateboarding accident.

efb, etc

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
That's the best way to break your arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The European tour hasn't changed, the US one just got delayed a few months.