Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

drat I am sure enjoying this Black Rainbows album at work right now.. I need more stuff just like this for background music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The things I find while letting youtube run on autoplay while at work.. anyone heard this Purple Hill Witch before? Really diggin it

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

listened to that new Bell Witch album last night.. listening to the new Minsk album right now... two seriously epic journeys to experience

Dyna Soar posted:

i don't think you really get this kind of music if you think it's just about having fun
pretty sure music created based solely on what feels awesome is fun to play/listen to

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

you should get mightily ripped and experience that Bell Witch sound live

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Dyna Soar posted:

hof is great

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

any Philly goons going to see Bell Witch tomorrow? bandsintown emails just reminded me today. I hate driving into the cities to go to shows by myself

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

If being in NJ is good for one thing, it's that pretty much every noteworthy show rolls through the general area somewhere within 2 hours distance

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

re: horns chat a little bit ago - I had this stuck in my head and couldn't remember where this was from until now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ocueobWkA

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

lmao, that "Take My Breath Away" cover is great

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

motherfucking Down tonight.. shame I wasn't born early enough to see Anselmo with Pantera, but this is gonna kick all kinds of rear end

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Down was absolutely sick last night.. and check out Mountain of Wizard, they were great live too, all instrumental stoner stuff

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yob is the best. I already have my ticket to see them when they come through Brooklyn, but apparently they added a second show two days later in Manhattan. Giving serious thought to grabbing a ticket to that one as well.
you should cause I'm going to that 2nd one

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Iron Maiden was awesome in an arena but only because I was on the floor like 10 feet from the stage. lol cheapest floor tickets for Sabbath at MSG right now are $400. I'd love to see them but I could go to like 10 other shows for that kinda money

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Xenochrist posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet, windhand's latest album is streaming: http://www.npr.org/2015/09/09/438655152/first-listen-windhand-griefs-infernal-flower

It's pretty great.

I'm loving that NPR keeps streaming awesome music early.
aw yes, just got my digital download link from Relapse/bandcamp reminding me that I preordered this :getin:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Giant Squid broke up, which is a huge bummer but totally understandable because they made no money and have families.

aw they were one of my favorite new recommendations from this thread

I'm spinning the new Graveyard right now, Innocence & Decadence... it's great, like always from these guys. If you like bluesy/psychedelic hard rock this is right up your alley

complete with replica vinyl cd!

got a pretty cool shirt with it too

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

ER20's are the truth. I forgot them once in the past couple years and it happened to be when I saw Gojira and Mastodon, took a couple days for my ears to recover

Seeing Yob on Saturday :dance:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

guys

I just saw Yob play Clearing The Path To Ascend in entirety

Holy gently caress

I think I can die happy

Take me lord, I'm ready

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

hooooly poo poo lol, gonna buy that for my brother for christmas

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Snowy posted:

Are Kings Destroy any good? They seem like douchey tough guy NYHC dudes but keep popping up on shows with bands I like.
They weren't too bad opening for Yob. The last song they played was a longer one and was good, all the other songs were kinda meh tho. I was pretty into Black Cobra who played after them then too.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

here, take my money henchman! I like it. I could deal with the vocals being a bit louder in the mix at times, but that's just like my opinion man

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I was wondering if there was a band simply just called "Riff"

There is. Argentine classic heavy metal/hard rock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTxDG3JQbo8

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

fyodor posted:

Did we ever talk about Egypt's album Endless Flight? It's pretty darn good.

https://egypt1.bandcamp.com/album/endless-flight
poo poo I had no idea this was out, I love this band, thanks

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

lol check it out it's a chris cornell clone in a stoner rock band

https://outoftheearth.bandcamp.com/album/out-of-the-earth

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

You're not allowed to post here anymore Laserface sorry

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

just bought my ticket for Sleep & Windhand on 6/21 in Philly :getin:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

also I just discovered Doom:VS and I like them very much

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

new Black Rainbows - http://blackrainbows.bandcamp.com/album/black-rainbows-stellar-prophecy

chill fuzzy psych stuff, I love everything this band has done

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

If Zakk can play Sabbath songs without needless wankery that might be cool, but it's Zakk so

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

seeing Sleep & Windhand in a few hours :slick:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Indeed, saw them the 2nd night in Philly and it was really good, like as good as Yob live. They had awesome merch too, I got my first ever tour poster

and this shirt

also there was a guy dressed in this

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

BONGRIPPER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsDz5qphC3c

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

used that one, will listen tonight thaanks

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

got my copy of the new Inter Arma today and played it twice.. it's real good imo, probably gonna be my favorite from them overall now. There's a lot of cool poo poo blended together on this one

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

this is cool, like everything I listen to that comes from Iceland is cool https://0000000.bandcamp.com/album/null-void

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Polegrinder posted:

I can't hear or talk but it's worth it

http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/er20xs.html

should really just add this link to the OP

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Freedom Hawk is a thing

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

rargphlam posted:

the body was too loud for my friend, i am afraid he's a false, please advise

:sever:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm a fan of Windhand and I liked them live but it's easy to see why they're always going to fit more as an opening act for a band like Sleep

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Snowy posted:

What's some other feelgood doom like Kadavar that I can play around normal people aka non doom/metal lovers?

I usually stick to the scarier stuff but it's nice to have some options at work when we're taking turns playing music. Kadavar had fun riffs, clean production, and was fast enough that nobody complained.

heh I just had to try to find music to play on long car rides with a friend who likes stuff like Disturbed, Korn, etc but not really into metal... looking through my library now, this is some of the stuff I chose to try to expand his horizons:

Wo Fat
Orange Goblin
Mondo Drag
Egypt
Year of the Goat (sorta like Ghost)
Valkyrie
Mountain of Wizard
The Sword
Alabama Thunderpussy
Baroness
Black Pyramid
Black Rainbows
Black Magic Darkness
Crypt Sermon
Down - NOLA
Elder
Freedom Hawk
Fu Manchu
Graveyard
Jess and the Ancient Ones
Khemmis
Kvelertak
Kyng
Mastodon - Once More Round the Sun
Royal Thunder
Sheavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Polegrinder posted:

Welp, Uncle Acid finally played Florida and it was incredible. They are so good live. They played a lot from Blood Lust, a couple from Mind Control, and I think 3 or 4 from the newest album. They also played Dead Eyes of London from their very first album which I was surprised to hear. The Shrine and Danava were really good as well. Danava blew me away, I was not expecting them to be so good live.

You're making my decision between seeing them or Pig Destroyer tomorrow that much harder