Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wark Say posted:

Hello fellow goons. Question: Is there a recent-ish Stoner band/record that you can recommend that's not allergic to extended range guitars/basses (7 or 8 strings, mostly)?

Pallbearer uses 7s nowadays.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It may not be healthy, but I've found myself ohohoing the fucken wizard

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Detective Thompson posted:

and also no David Lee Roth, which is a huge plus

what the gently caress

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Frank Caskelot posted:

My band Ever Circling Wolves did a social distancing play-along video to a track from our latest full-length. Hope you enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIofshf_ToU

This rules!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Boston kicks rear end even all the overplayed radio hits.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This rules.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t even care how this is going to sound I’ll defend it for the album art alone.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Eat The Rich posted:

hey whats up with the connection between bikers and desert/stoner metal?

60s counter culture and drugs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

yessssss

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:chloe:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

tbh I would be down to hear Sleep make an album of 2 minute tops rippers

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Baroness doesn’t seem like a very high ego band or anything they’re just professional as hell and take their music/tours/etc pretty serious which is cool imo. Baizley is an insanely hard working dedicated guy. I don’t really know what it means to say they think they’re bigger than they are when their albums are consistently highly reviewed and they seem to get more successful every year. Not saying anyone’s opinion is wrong or anything just my 2c!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Thirteenth Step is awesome and I feel like it sort of defined a large chunk of 2003 for me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Song and video are good as hell I hope they drop an album in 2022

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no loving way I’m reading all that

:same:

Chola posted:

Guys, Peruvian stoners El Jefazo just released a live album of our show at Chile's legendary Woodstaco Festival in 2019. It's instrumental stoner doom with heavy Sleep, Melvins, Earthless, Church Of Misery, etc., etc., influences. Hope you like it lol. You can check it out here!

https://eljefazostoner.bandcamp.com/album/tormenta-mental-live-at-woodstaco-2019

Thanks for posting this!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ingmar terdman posted:

Also, this thread is probably the closest fit for complaining that Kikagaku Moyo is breaking up and their last US tour isnt coming to me

Aw man what :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Admitting/realizing something is a problem is the first step to working on every problem. It’s a good thing and I hope him and his family can get through this. Like it obviously sucks, and I’m let down by him, but facing it even after years of hiding it is purely a positive thing as long as he takes active steps to truly face it and right things.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kvlt! posted:

Trying to resist the temptation to buy the clothes from the Land video Matt Pike is selling. A SHIRT worn by Pike is not a piece of music memorabilia but rather a rare historical artifact.

Don’t be a coward, buy it and take a nice whiff of it when it arrives

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kvlt! posted:

Why are you assuming my post was my first reaction? It's almost like there's a difference between what people think and what they post. I read the article and was like "wow what a piece of poo poo" but I don't really see the point of posting "wow what a piece of poo poo", whereas I think the PR thing is an interesting thing to share and talk about.

Maybe you post every thought that comes into your head but I don't.

Even goons fall into the trap of assuming everything created or posted is backed by the person posting its beliefs.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Quantum of Phallus posted:

type o negative ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

muike posted:

listened to windhand for the first time cuz i was looking for some doomy inspiration and i'm so hooked. mad i didn't get into them sooner

I love their sound so much. Songwriting and production both are :swoon: I hope they drop a new album soon.