Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

Cometa Rossa posted:

Somebody name me a couple of really, really, really slow doom albums.

Mournful Congregation - The Book of Kings

also The Monad of Creation by the same guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Love Sex Machine has put out one of the heaviest, ugliest sludge albums I've heard in years. Fans of Abominable Iron Sloth would probably appreciate.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
If anyone's into dISEMBOWELMENT or death/doom in general, some previous members are now in a band called Inverloch that is pretty awesome and basically sounds like a continuation of where they left off.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

Gee Wizard posted:

I just downloaded the Split Cranium album because I'm a big Isis fan and Aaron Turner can do no wrong. This is totally 100% different from Isis, but I love it, and I want to listen to more punk metal. Where do I start?

You'd probably like All Pigs Must Die, Nails, and Black Breath

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Pallbearer's "Sorrow and Extinction" is up on Bandcamp so you have no excuse not to hear this awesome doom album. Worth listening to the beautiful acoustic intro of "Foreigner" at least.

http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/sorrow-and-extinction

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Are people talking about the new Conan album, Monnos yet? The first track had me headbanging within ten seconds of the fist riff and it only gets better from there.

e: Looks like it leaked months ago so I'm late on this but drat it's good.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
New Neurosis has leaked. Dunno if this is old news or not.

On the funeral doom front, Aldebaran has a new album that is pretty good. Sounds a lot like Mournful Congregation, way more than I remember them sounding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mj898PV82w

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
The correct ranking for Isis albums is:

Oceanic
Celestial
Panopticon
Absence of Truth
Wavering Radiant

I started listening at Celestial though so I'm probably biased toward their older work.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
The riff around 7:50 of Burning the Altar is the second heaviest thing I've ever heard.

The actual heaviest thing I've ever heard is the "riff" around 10:00 on The Mental Tyrant from The Unreal Never Lived. Play it on a good system and it feels like the oxygen is being sucked out of the room.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
The new Batillus is up for streaming here: http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/03/08/exclusive-premiere-stream-the-new-batillus-album-concrete-sustain-in-full/

The title track and "Mirrors" are my favorite. It's a great album and I love the industrial elements. I get a strong Godflesh vibe from "Concrete."

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Do you want to listen to somewhat blackened sludge, comparable to early Isis, Intronaut, and Swarm of the Lotus, with lyrics entirely about ancient subterranean slugs taking over the planet? Slugdge is the band for you. Despite the somewhat weird theme and the occasionally questionable clean vocals I have been enjoying this a lot. Loving the production, especially that bestial double kick.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Pretty interesting new project from Mike Scheidt of Yob, Tad Doyle (of TAD?!??!) and Aaron Edge. The album is about Aaron's day to day struggles with multiple sclerosis and it's predictably heavy as a galaxy.

Lumbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Some new disgustingly heavy and hateful sludge by Ruine, a project with members of Magrudergrind and Mutilation Rites: https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/ruine-regression

And if you haven't heard Mutilation Rites, go ahead and remedy that now. Clearly more on the black side of things than the doomy/sludgey one, but they're great nonetheless.