Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy
I just emerged from finals and finally got around to picking up Murder The Mountains. This is amazing, I'm glad I have a new jam for 4/20. That said, my favourite stoner rock has to be Truckfighters and Fu Manchu, I prefer that to pretty much everything else I've heard within the genre(s). Any suggestions regarding comparable tunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy
Have you guys listened to The Heavy Eyes? I haven't seen them discussed here. I don't know whether to explain them a bluesy Truckfighters or a fuzzy Radio Moscow. Either way, enjoy! I am giving them my five dollars.

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy

moctopus posted:

I've been dying for this album. Kept screwing up the date in my head and thinking it was coming out earlier than it was.

Ha, me too. Its because it was initially slated for a Fall 2013 release, unbeknownst to me it got pushed back to 2014 and what I thought was going to be this record wound up being The Chairman EP. Whatever, it was worth the wait.

I love Mind Control. I watched a YouTube video of 'untitled new song' filmed with a phone at one of their recent concerts and thought 'boy this is going to be great.' That tin can-effect opener sounded just like the crappy quality video I had seen, instantly jogging my memory and then the fuzz kicked in and I basically had a religious experience.