Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008
Came home to a package o' vinyl on the porch. Abysmal Grief and L'Impero delle Ombre. Should be a good evening. Been lovin' me some Italian metal as of late.

Abysmal Grief:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JILbW204sJE

L'Impero delle Ombre:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-StmI9N-58

Also, is there a grindcore thread somewhere or is it alright to post that stuff in the generic metal thread?

Ghost of Orbo fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008
'Nother band I'd nearly forgotten about. Was reorganizing my music after a fresh OS install and found some free albums they recorded years and years ago. I guess they're signed now? Anyways, here's some doom recorded in a Lovecraftian (duh) miasma.

Brown Jenkins - Ashes of Angled Things

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008

Dyna Soar posted:

This is black metal

Depends how finnicky you wanna get with your genres. That was a bad example, but there's definite elements of doom in there. Then again, the tempo is reminiscent of most other 3rd wave USBM acts (Xasthur et al.)

Off to the correct thread.

I still think there's plenty of doom in his work, though.

Ghost of Orbo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 7, 2011

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008

MrBling posted:

There isn't really much doom-black metal. I guess that maybe Dragged into Sunlight, but they're not really all that doomy either.

I'd say Austrasian Goat fits into black-doom. Kind of like if Thergothon went black metal and got all suicidal on us.

Ghost of Orbo fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Apr 8, 2011

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008
TBH, I like their recent output more than the wall o' doom sound like on Cthonic Rites.

Tomb of the Blind Drugged was outstanding. Olly's the one who rec'd Black Hole to me on another forum. That man is a walking, talking encyclopedia of all things horror and doom.

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008

Xlyfindel posted:

I've been on a bit of a drone kick this week, but I'm having trouble finding something that suits my taste. I really dig a bunch of the recommendations in the OP and figure maybe yall can point me in the right direction. Random/glitch/noise types just don't do it for me right now. Early Earth seems so close, super simple and focused on the guitar's tone, but the sound is way too clean.
Its hard to explain, maybe an example of what I want will help: http://soundcloud.com/modemo/evil-procrastination

It doesn't have to be that simple, but maybe something I can play around with, or play over, or keep on in the background w/o getting too distracted. I dunno... Doom Goons, can ya help a brother out?

Try Black Boned Angel.

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008

aliencowboy posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for funeral doom along the lines of Ahab and Skepticism?

Evoken cross into Funeral Doom territory pretty often. The section starting at 6:50 is utterly bone-chilling.

Ghost of Orbo fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 19, 2011

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008
Has The Wandering Midget been mentioned yet? poo poo name, but they've got some good riffs.

Vocals remind me of The Wizar'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Orbo
Mar 16, 2008

H2Eau posted:

Hah, I'll pass that on to the Wizar'd guys, though they undoubtedly already know of it. Doesn't quite have Will's nasal whining but it's close!

Ha, cool. Have to admit, though, the only Wizar'd stuff I've got is that first EP and the Smoldering Sinners 7" that came out on Rusty Axe. Did that label go under, or what? They kept putting out freaky black/noise projects and I always thought it was weird that they had released stuff by The Wizar'd.

Should definitely check out their other work. The last album especially.