Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

soundsection posted:

MONARCH

Maybe more funeral/drone than you are looking for, but I think they are excellent.

Love these dudes. THe vocals take a little getting used to for me, and it never really fits the rest of the tone, but the songs are really great if you like the early Earth style drone and sludgier slower stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Metanaut posted:

Is Sleep always this expensive? The tickets are 35 euros here, which is a lot compared to usual prices.
You realize that Sleep had not been playing together as a band for many years, right? They basically reunited as a super-group now that Om and High on Fire are gaining popularity. I think they didn't intend to tour again as Sleep, but they did that ATP show and people loved it, so they toured on Holy Mountain again.

Anyway, I paid probably almost 50 to see them in San Francisco, and it was super loving worth it. Matt Pike is always insane live, and it was great to hear Holy Mountain all the way through, though the Dopesmoker excerpts was really why I went.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010
Dude, Orange Goblin do Sabbath better than anyone! This cover of Hand of Doom is seriously one of my favorites, I probably listen to it more than the original now. The funky drums and bass pocket are out of control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDeJV9g0N5g

Edit: also, I think I'm in the minority, but my favorite Om album is the last one, where Hakius left and Steve Albini produced it. God Is Good. It's got a little more technical drumming, but I think the overall build and sound is "there" in a way that it wasn't on the previous albums. Either way they are super loving killer live, so go see them (and any Sleep related project) every time

reichsten fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 1, 2012