Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
Throwing in a shoutout for a local band I'm mates with.

The Wizar'd

They absolutely crush live. They played the third Hammer of Doom festival in Germany (Link). Killerrrrr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

Ghost of Orbo posted:

Has The Wandering Midget been mentioned yet? poo poo name, but they've got some good riffs.

Vocals remind me of The Wizar'd

Hah, I'll pass that on to the Wizar'd guys, though they undoubtedly already know of it. Doesn't quite have Will's nasal whining but it's close!

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

Ghost of Orbo posted:

Ha, cool. Have to admit, though, the only Wizar'd stuff I've got is that first EP and the Smoldering Sinners 7" that came out on Rusty Axe. Did that label go under, or what? They kept putting out freaky black/noise projects and I always thought it was weird that they had released stuff by The Wizar'd.

Should definitely check out their other work. The last album especially.

It was Matt from the now defunct Sydney band Shackles that hooked The Wizar'd up with a label, but I can't remember if it was Barbarian Wrath or Rusty Axe.

They have another band, Space Raven, that used to be pretty similar to The Wizar'd, too, but are pretty much 80's heavy metal now. Not that that's a bad thing at all.

Most memorable set I ever saw The Wizar'd do was a pisstake of all their own songs, with Horned Lord as a thrash song and Crushing Gothic Slime as a psychadelic pop song. Also their latest album is pretty killer, the title track is rad.

Myspace link

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
The Wizar'd have got a few tracks from their new effort up. Really solid album.

Ancient Tome of Arcane Knowledge
The Moss that Grew on the Sorcerer's Grave
Long Ride Home