Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Kongh's new stuff is loving rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lLMuCPHxUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
It was the usual Isis / Neurosis that got me into this type of music in general, but it was a local metal bands cover of The Cry of Mankind by My Dying Bride that got me interested in looking into MDB's back catalogue, and then Katatonia, Anathema, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzUYqQY_rKY

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Friends Are Evil posted:

Lord Mantis?

I guess this is more black metal than grindcore, though.

That was amazing.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

QPZIL posted:

SUNN ■]]] BEAR NO RELATION TO SUNN O))) OR SOUTHERN LORD IN ANY WAY.

Wow... yeah, that's not shady at all.

It doesn't stop there. Just take one look at their "artists"...

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

big scary monsters posted:

It's a pretty weird collection of cover bands, and looks to me like it's probably just one or two actual bands under a whole load of different names. Anal Aardvark made me laugh though.

e: Really hope Bogshitter is a Bumsnogger tribute band. Although their only track so far is an Enya cover. :psyduck:

" FUCKBUCKET are brilliant. Really execellent."

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
What's some more kick rear end, balls to the wall stoner rock that fuckin rocks like Gorgon by Sandrider? Something I can blast with my windows down, going 110 on the highway, outrunning cops like a badass (on my way home from work at my corporate IT job in my honda civic).

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Hell yeah.

ElectricWizard posted:

The obvious choice would be Truckfighters. You probably know them already, but there's never a bad time to post some Truckfighters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMPA4xPFpg

Speaking of Truckfighters, I just discovered they're coming to Nashville for some bullshit festival that I don't feel like paying for. Tempting though.

edit

Awesome, haven't heard of them.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Came across this loving kickass band named Sunnata http://sunnataofficial.bandcamp.com/

Holy poo poo I love this and cannot stop listening.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

zenless posted:

Ugh, want to see Yob but have no interest in Enslaved.. why isn't YOB headlining??

I guess that just depends on which tour date you're catching them on

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Possibly Chicken posted:

Does this whole thread live in East TN? I'm from Knoxville and for sure gonna be at the YOB show, Just wondering who's gonna sing for Witch Mountain.

Live in Nashville. Both TN shows are 4 hours in either direction. loving hell.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

SAHChandler posted:

Yeah their vocals are what hooked me. I hope they start doing shows outside of Nashville soon (talk about topical :v:)

Wait, there's a good stoner band in Nashville that actually plays shows around here?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Stravinsky posted:

Your joking right?

No. Just moved here not too long ago, haven't been able to find much about the local scene (besides Loss, Inferi, Yautja, Alraun, but haven't seen them play anthing local lately)

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Cross-posting from the metal thread since I love this thread so much. I hope you don't mind a little shameless self-promotion real quick.

I put together a website for metal tour dates in the US and Canada - www.metaltours.us. I got tired of searching through all sorts of bullshit to find shows coming by me so I made this site. There's no reviews, interviews, top 10 lists, or any of that - just metal tour dates. It auto-publishes the feed to the facebook site and the twitter feed, and I've got a mailing list you can sign up for that I'll use to send out weekly/monthly updates.

Anyways, this page just started off as a personal project of mine that's sort of taken off (hit 666 likes 2 days ago on the fb page, almost at 800 now, and I submitted the link to reddit/r/metal last night and it's getting a lot of good feedback, so I wanted to share with you goons. Right now it's just one guy (me) doing the updates whenever I find them, but I'm hoping this thing can get even bigger and become the go-to place for this stuff. Hope you guys like it!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This is exactly the kind of website I've been looking for. To a "T."

Nice work.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Sweet, I just found out a band is coming to town that I don't really follow but that I would sure go see live. This is rad.

That's awesome thanks guys. Tell your friends!

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

yesssssssssssssssssssss

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can't wait for this one. Eve is still one of my favourite metal albums ever.

double yessssss

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

UFOMAMMUT US Tour Dates!

Ffffuuuuuuuu of course not coming near TN. Might have to travel for this

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Dyna Soar posted:

i've been slowly getting into ASG. I haven't ever really liked them, and when Blood Drive came out and got some p. good reviews i decided to check it out. It was just more of the same I thought, but now after like 6 months I've noticed myself listening to them more and more. It's actually a pretty sweet mixture of southern metal riffs and melodic vocals, def not something everyone else does. Closest thing I could think of is Torche, but they're not really that southern at all.

Orange Goblin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHhv-zE7Kg

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Cross posting from the metal thread:

I'm wondering if any goons are interested in helping me out with something.

As some of you know, I run the site MetalTours.US and I'm looking for contributors who can act as local reps to keep shows and venues in their area accurate and up to date. I have a full location search on the site, but it's only as accurate as the event venue descriptions are. Most tour announcements only give the venue name and city, and are commonly innacurate (wrong city, venue name spelled wrong, etc). When I import them into the database on my website, the google map api has a hard time finding some of them. I'm probably at 60-70% accuracy now, but it's a huge pain in the rear end. This leads me to going to each individual venue and confirming the address is correct (I have over 700 venues already). Also, I'm just adding tours and don't get a lot of the smaller events (one-off shows, smaller fests, whatever) but I want to get as many events as I can on there.

Anyways, if any of you goons are interested, edit: you can register here http://metaltours.us/contribute/

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 2, 2015

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Jthulhu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
JRR Tokin'
Bongomir