Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Laserface posted:

Turtle Skulls new album 'Monoliths' is out today, for fee-free-friday on bandcamp. also on streaming.

they describe themselves as 'flower doom' and I agree. bit shoe-gazey with some heavier parts thrown in, fuzzy guitars and writhing synths.

I really like how some of the elements are reused and return at points on the album.

https://turtleskullmusic.bandcamp.com/album/monoliths

"Why do you ask?" is probably my favorite track.

I've probably listened to this 20 times since I saw your link. It's pulling a lot of different strands together for me, I'm a big fan now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

only one thing to say and that's hell yeah goddamn

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

wish i was one of the 420 but alas im too late

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

I started listening to Kyuss well before I started smoking weed. And then continued after I stopped smoking weed. In that middle period I smoked A LOT of weed though. Enough to be a certified weed smoker for the rest of time.

All of my weed smoking came from when weed was illegal. When I see people in E/N talking about "hey, if you're having anxiety you should try this strain, it's more mellow" it makes me lol, and makes me jealous. For me buying weed was surreptitiously handing some dude $60 at a Winn Dixie parking lot, and taking whatever they had to offer. Or like, arranging it via text and saying we were buying something other than what we were buying. "Hey, I got some new high end bikes in stock. We still have the mid range bikes if your interested as well!" It was all so dumb. But weed was and is cool. If I ever move back to the US and A and solve all of my other problems, I'll start smoking weed again.

lol I always had to text this one dude with 15 minute increments of how much I wanted

also I saw Kyuss open in 1992 on FNM's Angeldust tour and I still think about that show sometimes today