Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Myrmidongs posted:

This is exactly the sort of stuff I am looking for right now. Basically my list now is consisting of

Radio Moscow
The Heavy Eyes
Truckfighters
Graveyard
The Sword

Graveyard is especially my favorite, Hisingen Blues is loving incredible. Is there any other recommnded sabbath throwback fuzz bands that I should be listening to?

E: Youtube recommnded Egypt off The Heavy Eyes, they are pretty bitchin.

Danava, maybe? They have a new one out that's kind of in that vein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
So what's the worst part about the new Black Sabbath record? I'm thinking it's a tie between Ozzy's vocals and the awful production.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Speaking of Heaven and Hell.. the one good thing about 13 is it made me appreciate how good The Devil You Know really was.

I agree though, everything about 13 was obvious. Took some balls to try to recreate Planet Caravan so explicitly.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Handen posted:

Vista Chino's debut album leaked yesterday. They didn't fix poo poo on Dargona Dragona with regard to the drums being A.) out of time, B.) recorded with potatoes, and C.) sounding like rear end, which upsets me more than it should, but whatever. I got my tickets to see them in Calgary on Sept 6th for the first show of their North American tour (with BLACK PUSSY, FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAH!!) so I'm pretty stoked regardless. I'm also enjoying the interplay between Brant and John sharing vocal duties. Heh, duties.

That sucks. Are the drums garbage through the whole thing? I was hoping that Dragona file they put up for streaming a few weeks ago was a demo. :(

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Chalupa Joe posted:

Vice are streaming the new Monster Magnet album "Last Patrol", and it's actually good?

Yeah, it's weird. It's less mainstream hard rock and more like old Monster Magnet. I dig it.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
New Big Business is up on bandcamp and.. yeah, a lot of the Melvins has worn off on them, in a good way. So good.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
I wish Monster Magnet were playing more Canadian dates, their new album is awesome and definitely worth supporting.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

These dudes are also from Germany but I think they're 10x better than Kadavar:

http://mountainwitch.bandcamp.com/

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

This is so good. I hope they abandon Torche and stick with this!

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

ChickenArise posted:

e: Wow, the Steak track "Pisser" is some straight-up John Garcia vocals.

Because it features John Garcia.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Juaguocio posted:

Uncle Acid were pretty boring, actually. They played a solid set, but most of their songs sound very similar, and they didn't vary them at all from the album versions. "Uncle Acid" himself did a great job of copping Iommi's tone and licks, but the rest of the band seemed uninspired.

I saw Uncle Acid and Danava in Montreal and I found every Danava song sounded the same which was a little grating after 30 minutes (the drummer was awesome though), I guess different strokes? The crowd was way more into Uncle Acid, and the band was into it so maybe it was an off night where you were, I dunno.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

ElectricWizard posted:

Just a heads up that Monster Magnet's re-imagining of Mastermind, renamed "Cobras and Fire", is actually pretty drat good. It's probably the first time I've heard a re-recording of an album that is plainly superior to the original in every way.

Is it like their re-recording of Last Patrol? Because both of those owned. And is it out yet?

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Reading this thread has shown me that I have no idea what "radio rock" or "dad rock" are anymore. Unless maybe, some of you are so far down the doom rabbit hole that your sense of what's radio friendly is skewed.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Morbid Florist posted:

After seeing that lineup live I'm not sure I can go back to watching them without the double drum kit anymore

I bought Melvins tickets a few years ago thinking I was getting the Big Biz lineup and oops, I got Melvins Lite. Still cool though.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
First Boris I've enjoyed since Smile. Or maybe that 2nd Heavy Rocks, I dunno. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Everyone trashing the new Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats had me more that a little worried after only hearing one track. I listened to the entire album and these concerns quickly washed away. It's solid and just sub par to maybe Blood Lust.

It's very good! But drat I wish there was some low end to it.