Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Chew, chew, chew. That is the thing to do.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Saw the Melvins and Honky last night. I recommend you all do the same if they come through your town.
Did they not tear the face off of your face? So tight after all these years...

I AM CARVALLO posted:

Seeing them tonight! Super pumped. Just wish I had at least one friend who was into them so I didn't have to go alone.
If I could somehow teleport, I'd be there. Also, your friends must be really lame :colbert:

FalseParadigm fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Melvin's set list...
I'm both surprised and impressed that the set lists from two shows were so different (especially because the band was so tight and well rehearsed)

Charmicarmicat
Hung Bunny
Roman Dog Bird
Hag Me
Hog Leg
Antitoxidote
Wispy
With Teeth
Hooch
Honey Bucket
Revolve
Night Goat
Lizzy
It's Shoved
Anaconda
At the Stake
Queen
Cow
(some big ol' drone jam somewhere around here)
Your Blessened
Shevil

I also feel pretty lucky - whoever was touring with them on that leg of the tour couldn't play for whatever reason, so the Melvins started early and played longer.

Apparently Swans got police to issue a noise complaint.
This is not a surprise. I saw them Tuesday and while ear plugs saved my ears, my body felt as if it was assaulted by the sound (though realistically, I was probably sore because of tensing up so much - the show was really intense).

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Morbid Florist posted:

Make sure you stand somewhere you can see the drums all the way. Those two could be an act on their own.
When I saw them, I caught myself just staring at the drummers more than once. Their symmetry was hypnotic. And loud.

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Robophile posted:

Melvins in Vancouver last night was pretty great, as expected. At least until some asshat threw something and hit Buzz and they told us to gently caress off and walked out. Alas, I'm just glad they got through Roman Dog Bird before poo poo hit the fan. :)
Aren't we all adults now? Those that grew up with the Melvins I mean? Who the gently caress still does this?

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

quote:

Coven, Black Widow, et al
Its great when you get far enough back in metal to run into psychedelic/garage rock. Its what makes me love music and both genres so much.

On Kyuss/Vista Chino...I really, really wanted this to be good. I really wanted Garcia to create an amazing album - not necessarily an album as successful as Homme's efforts, but a least an album that was on par.

:(

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

cloudline posted:

Man, over the last several months, Dopesmoker hurtled itself to my number one position. I can't get enough of this album. Most of the time, I listen to it at least once a day. Do you guys know of a way to get a kick-rear end gigantic print of the full cover art?
If you don't mind terribly, I'm stealing your idea because my walls are totally bare, I need artwork, and this is totally awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

ethan posted:

I thought overall Windhand had the best sound, probably because they barely used the sound system at Venue. They just cranked the poo poo out of their Matamps/Sunn/Ampeg gear unmic'd and had vocals/drums mic'd minimally.
I've offered this advice to many a small venue sound guy and usually get scoffed at. If you have players that know how to blend well, this strategy seems to work out well with minimal use of the PA.