Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

HMorg posted:

How about also having a list of bands with goons in them. Off the top of my head, I can think of four, probably someone remembers some more.
Hugenelk - juaguocio's band
Bad Actor - West's band
Saturnalia Temple - saigon_15's band
Ever Circling Wolves - my band

If I got anything wrong there, please correct me.
Edited in some myspace links.

Hey, thanks for mentioning us bud! We've got a shiny new Bandcamp page that would be preferable to that Myspace link: http://hugenelk.bandcamp.com/
If you wanna download the album but don't have a credit card or three bucks to spare or something, you can grab it in a slightly lossy format here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gan7qafvh0tn9fa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Ugh, this is annoying. I went back to edit and rewrite some sections of the paper I wrote about Sleep (that's a story for another post), and I forgot to save some of the Om and High on Fire interviews I used for sources. Now that stonerrock.com is dead there seems to be no way to access them. Bummer- there was some great information in there, and plenty of other great interviews in the section as well.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Idioteque Dance posted:

You should also try google cache, or archive.com perhaps.

While watching that Dopefight video (again) that was linked earlier, I came across this Hawk track in the similar videos. Pretty sick.

Tried a few different things on the Wayback Machine and one of them worked! Excellent. I managed to find Arzgarth on another forum and he gave me his transcription of the Om interview so I'm back in business. Now I just need to find time to rewrite the thing with the focus on Sleep rather than the book I had to read for the class.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

amplifier worship posted:

Anyone going to this, get ready for an intimate performance because loving NOBODY is going Calgary for any reason ever, not even Sleep. They obviously don't want ticket sales or they'd go to Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver/St. Johns. This is clearly meant to be a small show with a small turnout, and it's going to be loving HEAVY.

Yeah, it's a seriously weird choice for a gig. Even though I'm in BC I probably won't end up going unless a lot of my buds are as well.

If any of you are looking for some easy stoner rock songs to learn on guitar, Fu Manchu pretty much have the market cornered on simple Sabbathy riffs. Anything off In Search Of... or The Action is Go is perfect for jamming along to.
I gave Regal Begal a shot on my youtube channel a while back. There's a video on there of me playing "Dragonaut" as well but it's pretty bad.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Idioteque Dance posted:

Don't skip out on their other stuff though. I meant what I said before; I can't think of even a mediocre song in their entire discography. Maybe the production on the first album is a bit muddy, but the songs kick rear end none the less.

Man, I fuckin' need to listen to Catharsis now. Thanks guys.

The only mediocre YOB song I can think of is "Asleep in Samsara" off Elaborations of Carbon, but that track is easily balanced by how great "Revolution" is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_11DcGY0hY
I think that tune is the pinnacle of their early sound, which is much more heavily influenced by Sleep, with less of the harsh metallic edge their later stuff has. Not that I dislike that sound- The Great Cessation has some of YOB's best material, though I don't care for "Silence Of Heaven" much.
I found a good interview with Mike the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_11DcGY0hY

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Velocirocktor posted:

Oof, that is harsh. They do sound more like that wave of store brand 70s rock than I was expecting, though.

Going back through the thread a bit someone posted Sgt. Sunshine which reminded me I wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for stuff in the vein of Earthless. Up-tempo with a thick, heavy groove. A lot of bands that are recommended on Lastfm like Colour Haze and Causa Sui are pretty great bands but they don't quite scratch the same itch.

Try Tia Carrera- they're an all-instrumental jam band very much in the Earthless vein. Their new release "Cosmic Priestess" is pretty dope.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
The new Atomic Bitchwax album "The Local Fuzz" is available on their website as a download for 9 bucks, and my first impression is that it kills. I was pretty disappointed by their last record, but this one is right up my alley. No vocals, no cheesy synths, and no real songs, just 42 minutes of back-to-back riffs. There are some general themes that they play around with, but most of the parts are very different, and it's hard to pick favourites. All the classic Bitchwax hallmarks are here: soaring leads, squelchy filtered bass licks and tricky drum patterns, and they even throw in some tasty organ.

Velocirocktor posted:

Anyway I've been listening to a lot of Causa Sui's Summer Sessions since they were posted about back a little bit ago and goddamn if I'm not loving the saxaphone on Volumes 2 and 3. What a great addition to that sound.

I don't normally dig sax but I love it on those Causa Sui albums. Especially love "Eugenie" and "Red Valley" off the third volume.

Thalamus posted:

Posting this because gently caress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2v2qB2jWA

Not nearly enough love for Colour Haze in this thread. Lets hope they work out the technical problems with the new album shortly, because it sounds like it's going to be incredible.

Yeah that recording is amazing, definitely some of the best CH live footage I've seen. Only the pro-shot show from German TV in 2007 tops that one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP7AfqHF5QU
You can find that whole show on Dime a Dozen if you're so inclined (and Dime isn't shut down).

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 13, 2011

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I guess you're right. On second listen, it's probably the bass/harmonica bit that I was liking so much with the rest of the song, and I just noticed the drums more.

I've heard that kind of beat referred to as "boogie rock" before.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Silber posted:

I just emerged from finals and finally got around to picking up Murder The Mountains. This is amazing, I'm glad I have a new jam for 4/20. That said, my favourite stoner rock has to be Truckfighters and Fu Manchu, I prefer that to pretty much everything else I've heard within the genre(s). Any suggestions regarding comparable tunes?

If you like the Fu check out Nebula, especially their older stuff. Eddie and Ruben played in Fu Manchu up until "In Search Of..." and their early sound with Nebula is very similar.
Truckfighters are part of a contingent of great Swedish stoner rock bands- look into Asteroid, Dozer, Lowrider and Sgt. Sunshine if you dig them. Dozer were already mentioned on this page, and I'd go with other folks' recommendations and get "Through The Eyes of Heathens" first out of their stuff. I prefer Asteroid's second album to their first but they're both good. Sgt. Sunshine's self-titled is one of the best "stoner rock" releases I've ever heard so I'd recommend that one the most out of all my suggestions.

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 18, 2011

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Sounds like yet another uninspired Sleep ripoff to me. The first tune even steals the main riff from "From Beyond."

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Idioteque Dance posted:

I was always curious about bands that write in English as a second language. Is it mostly a personal preference, or do bands also do it as a marketing thing to appeal to more people?

I'm guessing with regards to stoner/doom/sludge it'd be the former but I've always wondered.

There are a lot of Scandinavian "stoner rock" bands who sing (badly) in English, and I always figured it was because they were so hung up on the Kyuss sound that they tried to emulate every single bit of it.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Would love to see Boris live.

You take your chances when you check out one of their shows. I saw them in 2008 with Torche opening, and Torche absolutely blew them off the stage. Their energy was so incredible that Boris's set was like watching paint dry by comparison. They did play some more rocking stuff, but the drummer kept yelling into his headset mic and ruining the songs.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Hey folks, my band decided to call it a day, so our album is free for the taking: http://hugenelk.bandcamp.com/
I hope to get something else going in the doom vein, but we'll see what the future brings.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

ethan posted:

Ah, that sucks dude. I'm from Vancouver too and just started listening to you guys, was hoping to catch a show. :(

We'll be back in some form, I'm sure. I'm gonna go see Bison, Black Wizard and Haggatha next week at the Rickshaw, are you going to that?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

ethan posted:

I was thinking about it. Depends how late I work, really. It's 5 bucks at the door, yeah?

Either way I'll be at the Sword too.

Yeah, 5 bucks. It's gonna sell out so you'd better get there early. Bison have Matt Wood from Haggatha/Pride Tiger/Congress/Goatsblood drumming for them now and I'm curious to see how they'll sound. He's probably the best drummer I've ever seen live so I can't see it being anything but a positive change for Bison.

I'm skipping The Sword, as they irritate me.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Speaking of YOB, how about a new track?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

uncle jimbo posted:

How is The Sword live? I know there are better bands and everything, but I kinda liked the new one and they're playing three blocks away for like $12 next week. Is that worth going to?

If you liked their new album you might as well check them out, especially for 12 bucks.

I, however, can't stand that record, so I had planned to skip the show they played in Vancouver a couple days ago. I decided to go when I found out that Dead Meadow were opening, and I definitely didn't regret that choice because they were great. I loved seeing them do some extended jams on my favourite old tracks like "Sleepy Silver Door" and "Indian Bones." The Sword, on the other hand, were totally lame. Their new material was actually worse live than I anticipated, because the singer really sucks and their new drummer is not very tight. I thought that the live setting really revealed how bad their new stuff is compared to the old. I enjoyed "To Take The Black" and the tunes off Age of Winters (including "Iron Swan" as the encore, which was pretty cool), but everything else bored me half to death. Luckily, the Rickshaw Theatre has plenty of seats.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
You don't need any special equipment to play this kind of stuff, no matter what gear snobs may say (I'm not suggesting that anyone in this thread is a snob). Doom bands frequently tune down, so you'll need a guitar that can handle that. In my experience, almost any guitar can work as long as it's set up properly. In terms of guitar amplification, you'll want a tube amp that's loud enough to keep up with a heavy hitting drummer. Names like Matamp, Orange, Sunn, Hiwatt and Sound City are often seen as "holy grails" of stoner/doom tone, but I think any loud tube amp should work fine. If it doesn't have a good built-in overdriven tone, throw your overdrive/distortion/fuzz box of choice out in front. You'll probably want a 4x12 cab, or two of them if you're going for the full stack o' doom effect.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Velocirocktor posted:

People in this thread like bands right?

Gonna have to hit up the Toronto show I think.

Sweet, I've been hoping to see Weedeater for a while but they always seem to open for bands that I don't care for. I'll be at the Vancouver show for sure.

Bison have Matt from Haggatha/Pride Tiger/Goatsblood drumming for them now, and he's a great fit. I just caught them in Victoria last weekend and they played a great set.

ethan posted:

EDIT: Mike tunes to some form of A tuning, whether it is Standard/Drop/Open...no clue.

Standard A, I believe. Even though he's using baritone strings, you can hear them "flop" quite a bit on their older stuff when he was still using a Les Paul.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Thanks for the guitar tech answers. The lengthening of the scale deal makes sense and thinking back it's quite obvious those Monson guitars at the show were really long comparatively.

As for the YOB's new album sound, what struck me is that the guitar tone I heard live is pretty much what is on the Album, very thick and mid-rangey.

Yeah, I believe Mike's Monson is a 26" scale.

My quest for the perfect bass setup continues to this day, but I've found that a .110-.090-.070-.050 set of Ernie Ball flats works very well for standard C tuning. The bass I have them on has a Badass II bridge, which helps a lot with sustain and tuning stability, but the strings themselves are light enough to allow me to do a lot of Scott Reeder style bends. I play with a fairly light touch, so this setup might not be ideal for someone who really wails on the strings.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Dyna Soar posted:

Since we're more than halfway through the year, how about a half years best of lists? IMO it can have other stuff than what would strictly fall unde the stoner/doom/sludge umbrella. It's nice to see some off beat stuff from ppl who more or less share the same taste as me.

I'll compile mine once I get home.

My album of the year is still The Local Fuzz by The Atomic Bitchwax. For my taste, it's going to be hard to top a 42 minute instrumental track packed to the brim with complex, melodic, memorable riffs.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Friends Are Evil posted:

Yeah, Atma is getting really close to being my favorite YOB album so far. Before We Dreamed of Two is such a good track.

I love YOB, but Atma is the first album of theirs that hasn't blown me away. "Prepare The Ground" is an astonishingly good track that hasn't left my head ever since I first heard it, but I find the other tracks kind of mediocre compared to YOB's back catalog. They seem to reuse a lot of the themes from previous albums; "Atma" features the same fast triplet feel as "The Mental Tyrant," and "Adrift in the Ocean" sounds an awful lot like "Dreamless Eye" from Middian's Age Eternal album. I am also not a Scott Kelly fan, so his contributions to Atma do nothing for me.

YOB are still probably the best doom band around right now, but I wish they had pushed themselves a little bit farther with Atma. Catharsis and The Unreal Never Lived are still their defining statements in my view.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

cf posted:

I'm looking for some critiques on this "doom" track for lack of a better descriptor. Comparisons could be made to early Swans & Godflesh, maybe, though I've never been a fan.

I mostly want to know about the mixing/mastering and if it strikes you as suitably heavy or good. One thing I am going to change is to make the vocals sit in the mix better. I need to listen to it on more sources.

http://snd.sc/ps26Jw

If you don't want this to monopolize the conversation you can email me at tapesofaneongod@gmail.com

Thanks.

It sounds to me like there's way too much gain on the drums, or maybe just too much gain in general. The heavy hits make my speakers clip like crazy.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I just realized that I haven't plugged my favourite local sludge band in this new thread. What better time than now, since I just picked up their new EP to complete my collection of all their vinyl?

Fans of Bongzilla, Cavity, Noothgrush and other sludgy doom bands should enjoy Haggatha a lot. Their stuff mostly proceeds at a glacial pace, but this leaves them free to do a lot of subtle stuff with time signature shifts. Their first mega-EP was recorded as a five-piece, but their subsequent releases were done as a quartet with none other than Matt Wood of Pride Tiger (and now Bison B.C. as well) on drums. They have a bandcamp site where you can stream lower quality versions of all their stuff, but the records sound amazing, especially the 180 gram LP. Go and see them live if you ever get the chance; I've seen them in a tiny skateboard shop a couple times and both shows were some of the most intense I've ever experienced.

Little girls love them too!

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 8, 2011

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

im_sorry posted:

Also, Juaguocio, thanks for the Haggatha link! I'm buying it right now. You know... you should do some Youtube vids of you jamming along to stuff off of the Hugenelk album.

Sure, is there any track in particular you'd like to hear? I probably won't be revisiting "Treehead," since I'm not satisfied with my playing on that tune.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Wampa Stompa posted:

or the Electric Wizard trademark pedal, the Boss FZ-2 (they're discontinued, but you can find them on Ebay for about $100).

As an aside, the hype surrounding this pedal is nothing short of ridiculous. Sure, it sounds like E. Wiz, but that's literally the only thing it can do. I found one on my local craigslist for 40 bucks, then flipped it only a few months later for double that once I realized it was completely useless for what I wanted.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

im_sorry posted:

That's unfortunate. I really like that song. :(

Can you do "What in Tarnation"? I'm trying to learn the guitar, too, and being able to play along with the bass might help me understand what the guitars are doing, as well as helping me to understand exactly why the visible guitarist in the video does some of the moves he does on his guitar.

"Treehead" does have some good riffs, but recording it killed it for us, unfortunately, because we became acutely aware of how lame some of the parts are.

I'm still proud of "Tarnation," though, which is odd considering I'm usually my worst critic. That's the only tune on the album that I'm solely responsible for writing and arranging, so I should be able to whip something up for you. It's in the key of B in drop D tuning if that helps you any.

EDIT: I almost forgot- many, if not all of you will probably dig BC heavy riffers Weirding, who just put out an album on Bandcamp.

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 25, 2011

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

ethan posted:

Weirding rules. It was funny when Old Crowe cabs provided the backline for the Riffs Not Riots show...but they just HAD to lug their Electric cabs in too. That's determination!

Yeah, the guitarist told me after the show that they were aiming to have the fewest notes with the most volume. Ancients killed it at that show as well. They're not really a stoner/doom band, but I think a lot of folks in this thread would dig them, since they remind me a lot of Mastodon. You can get their two-song EP for free here: http://ancientbear.bandcamp.com/album/ancients-ep

im_sorry posted:

Edit: Thanks, Juaguocio!!! http://www.youtube.com/thirdwheel#p/a/u/0/PKa89FvB05I

You're welcome! That was a lot more difficult than I remembered; we played it a lot slower at our last few shows.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

MrBling posted:

Are there any doom bands out there that are just bassguitars and drums with no actual guitars that are also good. kinda like a doom version of necromantia.

Om are the obvious choice, especially their older stuff, though I hesitate to describe them as a doom band.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Planet X posted:

I don't listen to much of their music (just haven't heard that much, need to sit down with some of it), but my buddy told me today that Black Pyramid broke up. I know some of you doom goons here listen to them, figured you'd want to know.

That's too bad. Their debut was pretty derivative, but it showed a lot of potential. Unfortunately, their music has lately taken a back seat to the bizarre philosophical rants the guitar player has been posting on the Obelisk and Stonerrocklives forums. I hope he figures his life out and comes back to the scene, but right now he's acting like some kind of weird Zen drama queen. I actually don't recommend looking this stuff up unless you want to lose a lot of respect for the band.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Leopold N. Loeb posted:

Gonna check out the new(ish) ECW and the new Zombie tonight.....I love this thread....

And I became aware of ECW by searching Finnish doom bands on Encyclopedia Metallum.......

nd is there any ECW merch available?

E C DUB! E C DUB!

...sorry, wrong forum.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

nosophoros posted:

I thought Scheidt has kids? Not that the two are mutually exclusive, mind you.

I believe Scheidt has two kids from a prior relationship.

This past Sunday, nine of Vancouver's finest sludge riffers got together at the Astoria to lay down some doom. The interesting part is that five of them are drummers.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Just wondering if you could recommend a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c78lez8P0gc

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Uncle Acid actually remind me of Blood Farmers, in a good way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1-x7G51dQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0TRFIhsGsg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot2WjE8_fDk&feature=related
Neither band is particularly original, but they both know how to achieve a classic doom sound without sounding overly derivative.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Dyna Soar posted:

I love Blood Farmers (they rule live) and I'm not too fond of Uncle Acid :|

Yeah, I'd give BF the edge, since they were doing their thing 15 years ago.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I saw Kyuss Lives in Vancouver last night. Kyuss have been the single biggest influence on my musical taste since I discovered them back in high school, but I was a bit apprehensive when I heard that Josh would not be involved in this reunion tour. I wasn't about to miss the show, though, so I decided to go to it with no expectations. Thankfully, it didn't disappoint. I've always been used to Kyuss being an underground band, so it was kind of bizarre to see so many Kyuss fans in one place, and even more bizarre to see drunk chicks trying to dance to openers Black Cobra.

John's singing was excellent throughout Kyuss's set; it's obvious that he's matured a lot as a vocalist since the band broke up. I was ecstatic to hear that Scott Reeder would be playing the Canadian dates, and seeing him play all the classic songs was the highlight of the night for me. Scott's bass playing has had a considerable influence on my own style, and it was a phenomenal experience to finally see him play live. I thought Brant's drumming was obscured a bit by some poor mixing, but he still killed it, and threw in some interesting new touches like a reggae beat at the end of "Whitewater." Bruno Fevery did a good job of playing the songs, but he lacks Homme's improvisational talent, which meant that the looser, jammier songs like "Asteroid," "Fatso Forgotso" and "Whitewater" felt a little flat in parts. He didn't play anything poorly, and there's a certain je ne sais quoi in Homme's playing that's probably impossible to duplicate, so I can't really complain.

I also can't complain about the setlist, which featured nearly every song off Sky Valley as well as the aforementioned "Fatso." There were lots of subtle little changes from the recorded songs, and most of them were pretty cool. At the end of Kyuss's set, they went straight from "El Rodeo" into "100°" with no transition whatsoever, and I was blown away. Overall, it was a great show.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Here's some good old dirty sludge doom from the wilds of Squamish: HOOPSNAKE. I've seen these dudes play a few times, and they can throw down.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

These Loving Eyes posted:

Recommend me some more psychedelic, more rockish than metallish stoner bands. If there's any vocals, they should be somewhat melodic, not just screaming or growling. Bass-heavy stuff is really preferred (think of Electric Wizard's Mountains of Mars). Samsara Blues Experiment's Long Distance Trip is almost perfect but I want MORE.

The Machine's also awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0BGyq8Utw

Give Mammatus a try. Both of their albums are filled with spacy, hard-rockin' goodness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJOh0Dlw6vk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jCmt4-ebw&feature=related

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Meatslam posted:

I think I read somewhere that HUGENELK were goons so I thought I would give them a shoutout here so that they can maybe see it.

These guys rule, they got me into this genre of music and I would put them as my 2nd favorite band ever; just under Sleep and right above The Sword. They put out some killer riffs and the singer has the best voice in doom, definitely glad that I gave these guys a listen.

Now that I got that out of the way, all of you goons need to listen to them, the closest thing I can really compare them to is Valley of the Sun or The Heavy Co. in terms of sound.

e: Slightly unrelated but can anyone suggest any drone bands that are similar to Earth or old Boris? I tried to get into Sunn O))) and Ahab but I don't really like that every song is 24 minutes long with like 3 notes.

Hey, thanks! 2nd place behind Sleep sounds pretty good to me, haha. That reminds me- I need to put our old demos back up somewhere now that Megaupload is dead. If you're interested, I'm currently playing doom with Psilocybin, and I'm hoping to get another band going in a more jammy, hard rock kind of vein. Our second drummer Max is playing groovy psych stuff with Three Wolf Moon, also featuring members of Black Wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Meatslam posted:

Good to see you're still making killer music, and if you do get around to uploading those demos I would love to hear them.

Demo 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?qljmde3a52xy3ok
Demo 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?la69ws6gkh33r1q

We redid some of these tracks for the album, but there's a couple there that you may not have heard. I actually prefer the version of "Sunken Treasure" from the second demo to the one that's on the album.

ethan posted:

Oh cool, you took over the bass role for Psilocybin. I recall hanging with Dragos back when he was in Shores of Tundra...good times from what I can fuzzily remember. I'll try to make it for the March 2nd show, should be rad.

Cool, I hope to see you there! Mendozza are one of the best bands in BC, so it's a great honour to open for their CD release show. Weirding are also playing, and they're always a treat to see.