Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Dyna Soar posted:

aight sorry for spamming but we have a bandcamp up:

http://woodrue.bandcamp.com/

I like this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
Gotta recommend that anyone that hasn't given them a listen, check out Witch Mountain. I'm really enjoying this, it's like Electric Wizard meets The Devil's Blood, or something.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Idioteque Dance posted:

Just found out Boris and Russian Circles played here a couple of days ago. How did I miss that :(

I went to see Boris and Russian Circles in Manchester, it was awesome. :D

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
Anyone into Fellwoods? Really digging their Wulfram album at the moment, I'm totally into the old proto-doom sounding stuff. I need to find more to quench my craving for Uncle Acid and the deadbeats!

Fellwoods - Brutal Hoof (Right song - they changed their name!)

Check out their bandcamp - name your price on the album.

Here's a few in this vein for people that like this style. Do you guys know any more?

Uncle Acid and the deadbeats - I can't get enough of this poo poo.
Witch
Venomous Maximus

Also I suppose The Devil's Blood, Ghost, Blood Ceremony, etc kind of fit.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
I'd like to recommend Balam to fans of slow traditional doom. I'm getting some real Reverend Bizarre vibes here, digging their EP a lot.

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

ethan posted:

For me, punk metal doesn't get much better than Disfear

This is badass, thanks man.

A few bands that are worth checking out if you people haven't heard:

I'm sure they've been mentioned before but a band I really can listen to in pretty much any mood is Stake-off the Witch. For me, they're one of those bands you don't realise how much you are into them until you notice how often you play their records... if that makes any sense.

Fans of ladydoom should check out Azula.

Elder - Great stoner/doom.

I don't think I've seen Snail in this thread. Check them out, I've been really digging Terminus recently.

Balam is like the lovechild of Reverend Bizarre and Electric Wizard. :circlefap:

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So Boris' next album is a tribute to My Bloody Valentine entitled Yellow Loveless :stare:

Holy gently caress I want to hear this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Horizon
Sep 21, 2005

It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
It is that black.
I like when bands do that. I saw Iron Maiden do A Matter of Life and Death which was pretty good. Not my favourite album of theirs by far, but I can't see them doing Powerslave any time soon.

However when I saw Pentagram a couple of weeks ago they played Relentless in its entirety. Now that was loving badass. One of my favourite albums ever, and the title track came back about 3 times in bits and pieces after it was done. What's more, they were supported by Gentleman's Pistols, who were playing to steal the show and probably did for some people. poo poo ruled. :D