Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

eviLduke posted:

I want to set up a SA baseball box break! The football thread is getting messy, so I am just going to throw something out there. I will buy a decent baseball box between $80-$125. What I need is 4 other (first come, first serve) goons, besides me of course, that are willing to spend anywhere from $16-$25 (plus $2 for shipping?) for fun! Each goon will receive 6 teams which we will draft. Details are that I'd like to draft over AIM to not poo poo up this thread, I have a webcam so I'll be able to air it. I am totally open to ideas, but I think this will find at least 4 goons, so it'll be the first to post that they're in and want to do it. I will decide what box based on price versus number of cards and more importantly "hits" as in autos and memorabilia. Who's in?!

I'd be keen, as long as shipping to New Zealand isn't too much trouble Obviously I'd pay a little more to cover the added cost. Drafting over AIM would be difficult due to timezone issues in addition to not being an AIM user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Strong Sauce posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/21-card-lot-1987-Topps-320-Barry-Bonds-Rookies-/150597383359?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item23104db4bf#ht_500wt_1156

Its really sad how overproduced these cards were. I wonder what would have happened had the '94 strike not occurred and made everyone realize what was going on.

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Baseball/1987/Topps/320/Barry_Bonds_RC

Overproduced is one way of describing it.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

Also, I'm collecting some Gypsy Queen minis so let me know if you guys have some you want to dump. Looking to buy in larger quantities so I don't have to waste so much money on shipping.

I had the Mariners and Marlins in a group break. The following minis are available:
30 Hanley Ramirez (normal and red back)
76 Felix Hernandez (normal and variant image)
109 Chris Volstad
114 Chris Coghlan x2
120 Gaby Sanchez
300 Franklin Gutierrez
339 Omar Infante
340 Miguel Olivo (red back)
345 Erik Bedard

Let me know if you want to figure something out for any of these. I'm in New Zealand, so shipping is slow and a bit pricier than ideal. I sent some cards in a bubble mailer to the US two months ago, it cost me NZ$7.50 (about US$6) and took a bit under two weeks to get there.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

Not sure if I'd want to pay that much for only about 10-13 cards Jono C. I'm still trying to bid on eBay to get a large majority of the cards. Once I start narrowing down individual cards I'll see if you still have what I want/need. You do have a couple of SP runs that may be harder to find.

All good, they aren't going anywhere fast. Are you collecting mini sets other than the base? What about parallels and inserts?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'd be interested in a group break if you can ship to New Zealand. I would be keen on the Giants, but I see I'm not the only one.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

2012 Topps Heritage comes in next week. I'd like to do a multiple box break with you guys on the release date.

How many of you are in, and how much do you want to do?

With a very rough estimate, slots are about $8.50 per box for 2-3 teams. This is anticipating us having 10 people buying in.

Let's do this!

I'm keen if you can do shipping to New Zealand. I had two teams in a Gypsy Queen case break last year, and shipping was $11 in addition to supplies etc.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

Heritage comes out tomorrow!

Who wants to do some breaks!

I want in, if you're ok with shipping to New Zealand. Let me know how much more I need to pay to cover shipping.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Quantrill posted:

Started to collect Thome this year and have seen this Triple Threads card with a White Sox jersey piece. My question is what Sox jersey did it come from? I don't remember seeing red and/or yellow on their uniforms.

It isn't necessarily from a White Sox jersey. Topps usually has text on the back saying the memorabilia isn't from a specific time or event, only that it was game worn.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'd probably be interested, as long as the cost of shipping to New Zealand isn't prohibitive.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

eviLduke posted:

I'm sure we can work something out! Great! What are you interested in breaking?

For some reason I like the retro stuff, so Gypsy Queen or Heritage are good. I miss the T-206 sets.

Ghumbs posted:

I'm probably down for a slot. Also, I work for comc.com in case any of the participants wanted to get their cards directly on the site, perhaps eviLduke could ship them to me. That way he'd be able to save on shipping and toploaders and all that. And if you're a first time seller I can give you a $20 off coupon to go toward your first consignment. If there's no interest, that's fine, but I wanted to throw that out there as an option in case it would help anyone out.

I'd be interested to hear more about COMC. How long have you been there? What has it been like over the past year or so? The growth has been incredible. COMC is the only place I buy from. I prefer buying singles because boxes aren't great value. Also the shipping prices are great and I don't have to deal with the sort of crap I would if I was buying from Ebay.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How much more I should add for shipping to NZ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

eviLduke posted:

Can you send me your address and I'll plug it into usps.com and see what that says. I can't imagine it's that crazy.

The USPS calculator just lists New Zealand. Unfortunately I can't find a price that isn't a complete ripoff.

• Locked thread